Page 1 of 43
... LastLast

Donald Trump wants to bring back Water Boarding.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donal...ry?id=35354443

From his own fucking mouth he ADMITS that he wants to bring back an illegal interrogation method and he clearly admits that he wants to institute that database that people said he wasn't saying he would institute. He also says he wants to "surveil" mosques. So basically he is violating the 4th amendment and the 1st amendment.

So now the Republican front runner, will be impeached the day he is going to come into office right? Probably not because the Republicans fucking agree with him.

Deleted
    this is why the usa does not recognize icc (court that deals with war crimes) because trump is not alone with his views on torturing people

Against members of IS, I don't see the problem. They'd chop off your hands and use them as ashtrays without hesitating.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Against members of IS, I don't see the problem. They'd chop off your hands and use them as ashtrays without hesitating.
    Still against OUR LAWS. I don't care if they are from another country.

Nations are the highest authorities. The UN is not in charge of anything. It is a diplomatic entity. There is no such thing as an illegal war, etc. If we decide as a nation that we want to water board a terrorist, that is our right. If another nation takes issue with it, they can take diplomatic action, or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    So now the Republican front runner, will be impeached the day he is going to come into office right? Probably not because the Republicans fucking agree with him.
    The only particularly dumb thing in this story is that he's even talking about it. Plenty of foreign dissidents have been tortured regardless of which political party held the presidency. Conflating waterboarding with either party is a particular brand of naivete that no one needs, and never seems to be in short supply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I'm gonna point something out for you guys, just because part of me is really wanting Rubio to take the lead right now despite the hilarity of watching the heads of 50% of the democrats in the US exploding when Trump stomps Hilary. Stop this. The constantly pointing out seemingly absurd beliefs of Trump. Stop. Now. I don't know if you lefties have the capability to understand this, but every single time someone attacks him his numbers just go up rather than down.

The man is a real life troll. You are feeding him. If you want him to lose, stop. Focus on pointing out the better qualities of the other runners. Just ignore him, and he will shrivel.

Quote Originally Posted by GG you got me View Post
    The only particularly dumb thing in this story is that he's even talking about it. Plenty of foreign dissidents have been tortured regardless of which political party held the presidency. Conflating waterboarding with either party is a particular brand of naivete that no one needs, and never seems to be in short supply.
    Considering when Obama came into office he forced them to stop water boarding and Bush was the one that started it. So, yes I will say it is Republican stupidity that likes torture and other illegal interrogation methods that do NOTHING.

Deleted
    I'm not even surprised anymore by the stupidity that goes around in that man's head.

Torture is an effective way to get people to confess. Will they confess something they actually did is another matter entirely...

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Torture is an effective way to get people to confess. Will they confess something they actually did is another matter entirely...
    If they confess to the whereabouts of someone, and you find said person there, well it worked pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    If they confess to the whereabouts of someone, and you find said person there, well it worked pretty good.
    and if they arent, cause the person lied to get you to stop?

Considering when Obama came into office he forced them to stop water boarding and Bush was the one that started it. So, yes I will say it is Republican stupidity that likes torture and other illegal interrogation methods that do NOTHING.
    lol, do you people not even listen to the Arab world's complaints? The US never stopped disappearing suspected terrorists over the last 8 years. It's one of the primary talking points of these groups recruiting to the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and if they arent, cause the person lied to get you to stop?
    Then do it again.

Half joking tbh. We got the info that lead to Bin Laden from the water boarding though. Just sayin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Then do it again.

Half joking tbh. We got the info that lead to Bin Laden from the water boarding though. Just sayin...
    Kinda pointless to turn into the devil while trying to get rid of the devil...

Nevermind all the other times it didn't work and you tortured an innocent person... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Kinda pointless to turn into the devil while trying to get rid of the devil...
    Not if you kill the devil in the process.

Not to get in to a big debate but, doing something that causes no harm or pain just doesn't seem like other forms of torture. /shrug

doing something that causes no harm or pain just doesn't seem like other forms of torture. /shrug
    And there we have it... you don't know what water boarding is. It simulates the effect of drowning, your brain won't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And there we have it... you don't know what water boarding is. It simulates the effect of drowning, your brain won't know the difference.
    I know what it is. It was on the news for like 5 years straight guy.

Deleted
    Still against OUR LAWS. I don't care if they are from another country.
    simple solution: don't do it on US soil

come on now

been there, done that