Need Help with new build

Hi all!!

I'm having some trouble with my desktop computer (Random freezes, sometimes it beeps and wont turn on, etc) and I'm thinking of building something new

Right now i have an Alienware Aurora R3 (quite old) and my budget would be something along the lines of 2000€
    I'm from spain and would be buying in the site www.pccomponentes.com and maybe amazon (amazon spain has diferent items/prices tho)

I'd be willing to reuse whatever you think i can reuse, but I want to change for sure the mobo-cpu combo and the grafics card because i thing thats where the problems come from. I dont have a SSD and would like a build with one too!

I've been trying to find out the components but most programs I used couldnt find out the motherboard's model and specs. I think the cpu cooler uses liquid cooling and the case is alright, but if u guys think i should change them, feel free to suggest options.
    I mainly play WoW, Overwatch, some LoL and I plan on starting to stream regularly. I do the ocasional 3D modeling with 3ds max and mudbox for some UNI assignments (Double major on Computer Engineering and Multimedia Engineering)

I dont need peripherials nor OS, might get a monitor down the line so I'm open to suggestions

Thanks in advance!!

Deleted
    Do you have the i7 2600k? And have you overclock it? Cause that cpu overclocked to say 4.4-4.5Ghz will have same performance as a new i7. But if you want new i can understand that after 5years a new one would be justified, for cpu/mobo if you have problems with them. If you can go into details of the pc specs we can have a better look where you can save money. Unless you don't care and want completely new, you have the budget obviously and probably include new monitor into it as well.

I will post the specs i get from the programs I downloaded (Cant remember the name) but I do remember it wouldn't recognise the mobo model and specs

Also the mobo, for some reason, is incompatible with W8 and W10, and when I restart the computer, it will freeze on startup (I have to shutdown and press the button manually) so that's why i said i want a different mobo

I'll get you the specs when I get home, thank you for your time anyway

Deleted
    Ok this would be your standard gaming build, 1440p including monitor. Do note that i wanted a Samsung evo 250gb ssd but the link it broken so the crucial that is more expensive is a placeholder. If you think you need or just because you can to go i7 route we can look into to it.

(click me)

Ok I'm back, sorry guys

This is what I've been able to find out:

* CPU -> Intel i7 - 2600K 3,4 GHz
    * RAM -> 8Gb (2 x 4Gb)
    * GPU -> AMD Radeon HD 6900 2Gb
    * Motherboard -> Unknown
    * Hard Drive -> 1Tb HDD 7,200 rpm

And thats about it, the CPU cooler looks liquid and the PSU I have no idea

Ok this would be your standard gaming build, 1440p including monitor. Do note that i wanted a Samsung evo 250gb ssd but the link it broken so the crucial that is more expensive is a placeholder. If you think you need or just because you can to go i7 route we can look into to it.

(click me)
    Would this build be enough for streaming and playing WoW and OW? What if I recorded while I streamed as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slath View Post
    Ok I'm back, sorry guys

This is what I've been able to find out:

* CPU -> Intel i7 - 2600K 3,4 GHz
    * RAM -> 8Gb (2 x 4Gb)
    * GPU -> AMD Radeon HD 6900 2Gb
    * Motherboard -> Unknown
    * Hard Drive -> 1Tb HDD 7,200 rpm

And thats about it, the CPU cooler looks liquid and the PSU I have no idea

Would this build be enough for streaming and playing WoW and OW? What if I recorded while I streamed as well?
    Hmm... You could just upgrade the graphics card, buy a new power supply with it, make sure the CPU cooler is good enough and then make an OC.

Only "real" upgrade route for you is X99, the 2600K is still a great CPU.

Edit: I read now that you said you're having problems with it. In this case maybe building a new one is a good idea, if you can't identify where the problem is. 6600K + 390 is pretty much the standard now, Kos is spot on.
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-11-23 at 10:11 PM.