The latest fake ''censorship'' debate : Bravely Second Indian/Cowboy job switch

Bravely Default, for people not knowing, its a quirky and fun RPG, the closest thing possible from SNES era Final Fantasy, altough suffering from a very severe case of padding, one that would make a Vanilla faction grind looks enjoyable.

Suffice to say, Bravely Default have a very impressive array of FF style jobs, from which Second added. A lot of those jobs are more or less realist. One of second job was Tomahwak,which is essentially wearing what must pass as ''native american'' grab for SquareEnix and fire guns.

There is a possibility that Tomahawk is changed for the West release to Cowboy

And of course, screams of ''SJW'' ''conspiracy'', etc.

I might not be as smart as some people, but would not Cowboy be a well liked class for the US market ? (And more logical for guns...)

10+ Year Old Account
    Um. In general, Japanese developers don't really give a shit about Western SJW concerns. I mean, look at Bayonetta.

Until it's confirmed, I'm going to sit back and say, "We'll see."
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Why is a class named Tomahawk using guns?

Yes, pretty much Algathor. On the other hand, the one that triple wield weapons (don't ask how) is called ''chariot''.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yes, pretty much Algathor. On the other hand, the one that triple wield weapons (don't ask how) is called ''chariot''.

But why Chariot ?

On the other hand, they called for decade their ''jump in the sky with a lance'' class dragoon, which is remarkably unlike what dragoons did. (mounted cavalry)

Immediately, why do you assume that switching (allegedly) a gun yield class from ''Indian'' to ''Cowboy'' for the US market is because of censorship ?

1)Cowboys make more sense
    2)Cowboys are a way to...appeal...to the US market.

Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    /Thread. I'm disappointed.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I miss the days when I just lurked and GenOT bashed bronies in 1/2 the threads, rather then SJW/Anti-SJW nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

So this doesn't resemble a tomahawk warrior (doesn't have a tomahawk) or a cowboy (clothes atypical).

Just seems like they don't know what either of those things are?

That yes, but at least, the cowboy use guns.

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    I miss the days when I just lurked and GenOT bashed bronies in 1/2 the threads, rather then SJW/Anti-SJW nonsense.
    The winds are constantly flowing, soon the next stink will pass through.

One of the first things native americans acquired in trade was guns. The Apache guerilla forces preferred bows for the stealth of it. But by the time it was all out bloodshed there was plenty of firearms on both sides.

In my province there was more integration than bloodshed and yeah... my great great grandmother was an expert target shooter. My dad inherited a rifle that she won in a competition.

So yeah. Stereotypes. Native Americans had guns too. They were European made and acquired via barter but were none the less coveted tools.

Just seems like localization not censorship to me...

Don't really care about political correctness or who is using what weapon, but that "indian" garb is way more adorable then that cowboy BS :P

TBF, the cowboy outfit is not very well seen in the screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    One of the first things native americans acquired in trade was guns. The Apache guerilla forces preferred bows for the stealth of it. But by the time it was all out bloodshed there was plenty of firearms on both sides.

In my province there was more integration than bloodshed and yeah... my great great grandmother was an expert target shooter. My dad inherited a rifle that she won in a competition.

So yeah. Stereotypes. Native Americans had guns too. They were European made and acquired via barter but were none the less coveted tools.
    I was more talking about a class named after an axe weapon using guns, not the stereotype being presented in the OP. Then again that SS shows an axe/gun thingy. Seems they could have come up with a better name in general.

I was more talking about a class named after an axe weapon using guns, not the stereotype being presented in the OP. Then again that SS shows an axe/gun thingy. Seems they could have come up with a better name in general.
    Either way. Tomahawk = ranged weapon. It can be used in close range combat, but I believe the same tribes that used Tomahawks actually used short bladed knives in close combat. Nice and personal.

There was native american tribes that used recurve bows in ranged combat, there was ones that used guns, there was ones that used tomahawks.. but none of them used crossbows as depicted. :P

Either way fake outrage story is fake outrage story. Not to mention if you look at the "cowboy" picture, the costume is pretty much identical other than the head gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Either way. Tomahawk = ranged weapon. It can be used in close range combat, but I believe the same tribes that used Tomahawks actually used short bladed knives in close combat. Nice and personal.

There was native american tribes that used recurve bows in ranged combat, there was ones that used guns, there was ones that used tomahawks.. but none of them used crossbows as depicted. :P

Either way fake outrage story is fake outrage story. Not to mention if you look at the "cowboy" picture, the costume is pretty much identical other than the head gear.
    Oh I didn't know it was was a good thrown weapon too! I guess I can see some logic behind the idea now. :3

Honestly, I can't believe I am even questioning the idea since the "Ranger" class was a furry in bravely default.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/R...avely_Default)