Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    The video I watched showed from 0:15 to 0:29 before was shot.

From the very first frame there is police all over the place in his view..
    Policecars. He did the spin when noticing the drawn guns. See I seriously question the training you give those guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    It is when a cop tells you to stop... It really seems people are trying hard to overlook things. I think it was a questionable shooting but it isn't that black and white.
    Not sure how one can reason with someone on PCP. A taser would have been just fine. If the kid then charged, then it's ok to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Cowardice.
    What does this even mean in context of the event?

Also I do find this statement a bit ironic from someone who probably has never and will never hold an occupation that can kill you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Not sure how one can reason with someone on PCP. A taser would have been just fine. If the kid then charged, then it's ok to shoot
    Wouldn't recommend taser for this or demand that is too much.

What does this even mean in context of the event?

Also I do find this statement a bit ironic from someone who probably has never and will never hold an occupation that can kill you.
    People don't need an occupation to kill they thought the knife teen would kill them without any reason.

Like I said I don't think it is a justified shooting I can see how it could be argued as one but I can see the case against it as well.

Policecars. He did the spin when noticing the drawn guns. See I seriously question the training you give those guys.
    Well being doped up on drugs does make your mind not function properly. A normal person would have stopped in their tracks upon the arrival of the police cars themselves in this instance.

Deleted
    Well being doped up on drugs does make your mind not function properly. A normal person would have stopped in their tracks upon the arrival of the police cars themselves in this instance.
    They had their distance situation under full control all danger for their lifes came from them and how they tried to engage.

Don't they have like stab vest at first in their cars and so forth? o.O

Moving sideways isn't really contradicting it unless they claimed he was running towards them. Even then that is over looking he is approaching them with a knife in his hands...
    He did not approach them. When they said something to him, he turned around, and was shot instantly.

Thinking he might approach them is very different from him approaching them.

Therefore, anyone who claimed he approached them isn't a credible witness. You would think a defense lawyer would be able to remind a jury every time such an officer is called to testify, that there is documented evidence of that officer's willingness to lie. Without camera footage, how could that officer justify their actions and arrests, when their testimony is worthless? Seems like it would be a major conflict with their ability to perform their duties.

You basically have no idea what you are talking about. See my previous response. This is cold weather season, a taser is a single shot all or nothing tool that might not even make contact through heavier clothing. Then the officer is fucked per the 21 foot rule because his real gun is holstered while his now useless taser has fizzled out on him.

- - - Updated - - -

They had their distance situation under full control all danger for their lifes came from them and how they tried to engage.

Don't they have like stab vest at first in their cars and so forth? o.O
    Actually most soft body armor is not rated at all for piercing damage. A hard armor type will, but no idea what they had on, if anything in this instances.

10+ Year Old Account
    You basically have no idea what you are talking about. See my previous response. This is cold weather season, a taser is a single shot all or nothing tool that might not even make contact through heavier clothing. Then the officer is fucked per the 21 foot rule because his real gun is holstered while his now useless taser has fizzled out on him.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually most soft body armor is not rated at all for piercing damage.
    The chances of two "trained" cops missing or having two tasers fail is pretty small

Deleted
    Actually most soft body armor is not rated at all for piercing damage.
    Not having anti stab vests in the cars had a pricetag of 5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The chances of two "trained" cops missing or having two tasers fail is pretty small
    Demanding taser in this situation is too much and irresponsible.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Actually most soft body armor is not rated at all for piercing damage. A hard armor type will, but no idea what they had on, if anything in this instances.
    I know how teasers work and what can cause them to fail. However, possibility of failure does not mean instant r sort to shooting someone, and the kid was not even approaching them when he was shot

Also I saw 2 officers. 1 could taser while other held the gun.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2015-11-25 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    He did not approach them. When they said something to him, he turned around, and was shot instantly.

Thinking he might approach them is very different from him approaching them.

Therefore, anyone who claimed he approached them isn't a credible witness. You would think a defense lawyer would be able to remind a jury every time such an officer is called to testify, that there is documented evidence of that officer's willingness to lie. Without camera footage, how could that officer justify their actions and arrests, when their testimony is worthless? Seems like it would be a major conflict with their ability to perform their duties.
    He was moving towards them but yeah he wasn't close enough to use the knife. I can see a case being made that ignoring a officers instructions with a deadly weapon as grounds for lethal force. I don't agree it was warrented in this case at least not at the point it was used but I can understand how the argument could be made.

Deleted
    He was moving towards them
    No he was moving away.

They had their cars and full control the decision how to engage and with what distance was up to them.
    They can't irresponsible get themself into dangerous situations and outsource the risk to normal people who
    while being suspicious didn't pose an imediate threat.

Not having stab proof vests in stock seems bad too.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-11-25 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    It has nothing to do with missing the target; in cold weather season a thick jacket is going to defeat taser barbs.

Deleted
    Gonna be a different kind of Black Friday in Chiraq this year

Not having anti stab vests in the cars had a pricetag of 5 million.
    Well being doped up on PCP and being a moron has the ultimate price tag. Whos the real loser here?

Deleted
    Well being doped up on PCP and being a moron has the ultimate price tag. Whos the real loser here?
    You probably because you have no empathy.

See thats the problem with michal brown and tamir rice too.
    They just engage reckless and then act on every slight threat.

You probably because you have no empathy.
    That is factually incorrect. You shouldn't use such blanketed statements.

Deleted
    That is factually incorrect. You shouldn't use such blanketed statements.
    Maybe you should try to be a bit less edgy on the internet then. :P

They handled the situation poorly had bad equip and training.
    This is not the poor guys fault the person who has to uphold the law has to meet a higher standard.

If 20 foot or whatever is the deadly distance why did they engage within 20 foot?

Why did officer darren let a guy come so close that this person touched his fucking gun?
    How irresponsible can you be?
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-11-25 at 02:51 AM.