Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It would be sexism if the refugees weren't coming from a part of the world where being an unaccompanied female isn't half a stones throw away from a death sentence.
    Of course, judging people based on sex isn't sexism if the reason is good enough. Y'know, even though it's literally the definition of the word.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Of course, judging people based on sex isn't sexism if the reason is good enough. Y'know, even though it's literally the definition of the word.
    The sexism doesn't come from Canada. It comes from Islam. Canada has nothing to do with sexism in this decision. Young Islamic men are a much bigger danger than the olds and the youngs and this is a direct consequence of the Quran. Sadly, there is no redemption possible within our system for these people, even if a majority of them are not guilty of anything. We just can't allow that risk.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

I think the problem is that people are identifying "sexism" as an automatically bad thing and thus trying to find ways to wriggle out of sex-based discrimination being "sexism". Instead, I think it would be better to just admit that sometimes discrimination is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    The sexism doesn't come from Canada. It comes from Islam. Canada has nothing to do with sexism in this decision. Young Islamic men are a much bigger danger than the olds and the youngs and this is a direct consequence of the Quran. Sadly, there is no redemption possible within our system for these people, even if a majority of them are not guilty of anything. We just can't allow that risk.
    Unless "Islam" is somehow deciding Canada's refugee policy in a unified voice (both of which would be things much more interesting to talk about than this thread's topic), I doubt your post is very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think the problem is that people are identifying "sexism" as an automatically bad thing and thus trying to find ways to wriggle out of sex-based discrimination being "sexism". Instead, I think it would be better to just admit that sometimes discrimination is a good thing.
    Yeah, pretty much.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Here's my solution that Canada should adopt: Shut the fuck up.

Talk is, was and always will be cheap. Don't talk if you do jack shit about the issue, because nobody needs the background noise of your voice when your actions echo so empty

I find this shameful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Here's my solution that Canada should adopt: Shut the fuck up.

Talk is, was and always will be cheap. Don't talk if you do jack shit about the issue, because nobody needs the background noise of your voice when your actions echo so empty
    Your reply makes no sense. Why wouldn't a canadian government owned broadcaster report on the proposed policy of the government?

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Yes but it's 2015 bro.
    It's 2015 bro. Men don't have rights.

I like my solution better.

1. Draw a really nice picture of the prophet Muhammed.

2. Eat this plate of bacon.

3. Wash it all down with this nice micro brewed beer.

DO that and you can be fast tracked for refugee asylum.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    One of the main hysteria talk points in Europe is that the majority of the applicants (somewhere in the 80% region IIRC) are single males. Because that's somehow a problem. Dunno how that translates to stats for Canada applicants, but if it's any similar Canada's "brilliant" policy means turning the majority away because they have sinful penises.

You must have missed the first episode then. Because shitting on anyone who has privilege is the core tenet of the PC frat house. In this case, the men. Especially when it comes to an area of the world where women aren't equal.
    Sinful penis's at work right here

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/i...n-an-hour.html

How can they discriminate when they preach otherwise?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirPiken View Post
    I like my solution better.

1. Draw a really nice picture of the prophet Muhammed.

2. Eat this plate of bacon.

3. Wash it all down with this nice micro brewed beer.

DO that and you can be fast tracked for refugee asylum.
    So your answer is excluding recovering alcoholic Jews with no artistic ability, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im certain the US has been doing it this way for longer, they just don't make it public knowledge of how they screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless "Islam" is somehow deciding Canada's refugee policy in a unified voice (both of which would be things much more interesting to talk about than this thread's topic), I doubt your post is very accurate.
    Actually, Islam is, for security reason, which was my whole point.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Im certain the US has been doing it this way for longer, they just don't make it public knowledge of how they screen.
    If you googled how many refugee's have tried to support terrorist groups, or tried to perform terrorist acts you'd know this isn't true.

Can you imagine the outrage if they were only accepting single straight males?