Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    And yet again, resto is boned. Literally every other spec of Druid got a new high rez form, and trees are left with the same model since it was put in the game -- and no, the cool down doesn't count.
    Treant form is a glyph. It's not tied to the restoration spec at all. Resto druids got a HD model in WOD when the player models were upgraded. Treant hasn't been the resto druid form since WLK.

Note: I play a resto druid. If you wanna complain about something, complain that we're losing cyclone, not that we're not getting HD treant form.

Damn yo! those forms look badass! It makes me wanna play my druid again!

Well, if there is a way to target them, it won't be as bad with rng I hope.

It's cool when they get a few things here and there from other games (the same way a few ideas from WoW were used in D3 like the warforged thing).

But it isn't that much when you start to just transform one game into another one by just copy/paste so many things from the other.

They're basically transforming WoW into a Diablo 3 MMO. What's now? 4 pc tier + legendaries like D3? Soon a "ring of royal grandeur" to use only 3 pc + legendaries?

Not sure if this is a good system for WoW. You probably won't be able to use them to pvp and also won't be able to surpass them in power with raid drops (other than 4pc tier bonus + weapon artifact)... that's a poor designed system to use just to keep people in world for more than a few dailyes and that will only impact negatively on raid groups... naive of some people to think that's not a problem for raids and just "elitist pricks". Not only bosses would be balanced around people having them (since they're so powerful), but also even pugs requiring people to have them (the most obvious problem).

The one thing I like about the cat forms is that there seems to be at least a tiny bit of variation that can work for other races besides night elves (and to a limited extent worgen) such as how it is for bear form. I admittedly still would prefer the WotLK models to be updated though (without the level of variation the artifact gives of course). I doubt they are going to abandon these artifact forms after Legion and probably will attach them to some glyphs or something but I'd kinda prefer my tauren turning into a form that looks like a tauren form eventually.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2015-11-25 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Those druid forms....I've tried my best to skip over the cat cos that's the one I care about most, so watched the bear instead.

I am slightly concerned; do we not get our physical appearances? Nelf ears tauren horns etc? Or are the bears only being shown on worgen druid? Seems a shame that after getting updated forms, when as it now, Cataclysm? that they will be replaced again (though they are amazingly amazing). I just REALLY hope they also give us our usual cosmetics that define the races.

Not a complaint as such, just worried I won't be my usual lion form with my horns and plats. :P

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    ermergerd those druid forms
    Wish they'd apply those to balance and resto too, I want to be a purple flaming tree or starfall cannon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I admittedly still would prefer the WotLK models to be updated though.
    Well, good news for you then, because they updated those as well. At the initial expac announcement, they showed an updated version of the "base" cat form (i.e. non-artifact cat form) - and mentioned bear form too. So, yeah. Basic cat/bear will be the same level of quality as all new forms.

psh feral n bear get these amazing bear forms and boomkin gets decent looking scythe, well done blizzard -.-

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    happy pvp scaling with these legendaries..
    Their effects will probably be disabled just like Enchants in pvp
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2015-11-25 at 02:24 PM.

So if you can target those legendary drops, we'll see 100 players farming same Rare elites?

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    And yet again, resto is boned. Literally every other spec of Druid got a new high rez form, and trees are left with the same model since it was put in the game -- and no, the cool down doesn't count.
    they got a new tree form too. Now go cry in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

The problem of your guild demanding you have the item is a personal problem between you and your guild. That's not something Blizz can help.
    The paladin helmet gives you 1Holy Power/second while in AW. That's insanely overpowered and a monumental DPS increase. If you don't have that, there's no way you can even hope to compete. Don't defend these, this isn't D3 and these legendaries have no place in the game.

And don't act like people are just being dicks because they want you to have these items, they're completely game changing. It's like the difference between having 0 tier and 4pc T18 in HFC. If you had a raider that refused to wear tier pieces or stick his legendary ring on, he'd be out on his arse in a flash. If they just had better stats, sure, I wasn't expecting my raiders to be decked out in crafted gear for HFC either, but the effects are hugely, hugely powerful.

And Blizzard could help by not making them world drops perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    so wait 940 is a huge jump from what we're at now, will there even be a point raiding?
    Its not /that/ massive. Maybe they just want a clean break in Legion, start upgrading gear straight away. And to answer your question: For fun? To beat the challenge? To have a good, enjoyable memorable experience?
    Last edited by elvor0; 2015-11-25 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Man, those feathered cat skins are what troll kitties should have looked like from the outset. The current models are shamefully half-assed and sub-par quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearsom1992 View Post
    psh feral n bear get these amazing bear forms and boomkin gets decent looking scythe, well done blizzard -.-
    Boomkin got new model too, read up! I think it's even in the model post.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guardian form...
    Why do I have to be a badger-bear?
    Give me the Ursoc/Armored Bear model.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Man, those feathered cat skins are what troll kitties should have looked like from the outset. The current models are shamefully half-assed and sub-par quality.
    Exactly my thoughts! But finally trolls received form they always deserved
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why are all of the cat models horde style? Why no Ally ones? :S

Stone bears, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    Treant form is a glyph. It's not tied to the restoration spec at all. Resto druids got a HD model in WOD when the player models were upgraded. Treant hasn't been the resto druid form since WLK.

Note: I play a resto druid. If you wanna complain about something, complain that we're losing cyclone, not that we're not getting HD treant form.
    Healers don't need CC. This change is good for the game.