Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I hope they remove all these "Ability x/y does 10-20% more damage" that almost all classes have.

Completely useless and boring. That's just 5 vanilla talentpoints in 1. Exactly what they removed because it doesn't add anything significant gameplay wise. If you want like half the main abilities to do more damage, just balance the BASE class kit that way...
    Last edited by Skippert; 2015-11-27 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirthealer View Post
    So the shadow priests is mostly old passives just little bit upgraded, and the rest the old removed Major Glyphs or Talents. We get like 3 interesting things with the weapon rest of boring as hell.
    And we'll get a playstyle that Demo has now. This after a Dev commented on how we're "cousins" to Afflic and they wanted something better for us.....

This leaves a lot to be carried on the idea of the "fantasy" alone.

omg gnome hunters really? Just had to go there didn't you Blizzard? Well there goes the world... Flooded by tiny little mohawk sporting losers who's pet could swallow them whole...

Why not just let everyone be everything. It never made sense to keep the distinction if your hero is supposed to be something out of the ordinary anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No, Artifact weapons are not just for PvE. They are for PvE and PvP. A lot of idiots seem to be under this impression that because PvP has its own talent line, that every single element of the artifacts must therefore be aimed at raiders. This is a false assumption; even those players who do not raid but prefer to solo may find the roots useful. Who knows, perhaps high-end challenge modes will be difficult enough next expansion to necessitate CC?

I just see a lot of whining. So, you have to go through one or two talents that you don't want. So what? Why do you feel so entitled? Must everything be 100% useful to you? Just because it's not useful in one aspect of the game - raiding - should it therefore be removed? Should players who do other kinds of content with their bears be left out in favour of raiders exclusively?

In response to your question, as a guardian tank I WOULD want it, because I use my bear for PvP flag running. I don't raid as bear; I raid as kitty. See? Different playstyles. And before you reply please kindly remember my points about dungeons MAYBE - just maybe as it's early to say - requiring CC of packs again? Also kindly observe my second point that these new additions are still in their infancy and are highly subject to change.
    Why is everyone an idiot? Are you the know all of WOW? Are you a game designer? I see too many times people in WOW or internet love to go right at name calling or assumptions of how smart someone is. My statement has nothing to do with entitlement as a raider or no pvper. They NEED to separate PVP with PVE play. Also why have it in the system TWICE. It has to be a placeholder it seems to me. I don't think they should be 100% useful to me. Which goes back to a tanks job control and survival not cc. Sure you want to use it in CC in CM then i can understand that.
    Last edited by teidden; 2015-11-27 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippert View Post
    I hope they remove all these "Ability x/y does 10-20% more damage" that almost all classes have.

Completely useless and boring. That's just 5 vanilla talentpoints in 1. Exactly what they removed because it doesn't add anything significant gameplay wise. If you want like half the main abilities to do more damage, just balance the BASE class kit that way...
    Having over 10 traits of unique abilities is completely pointless, because why wouldn't they just make them into the base class then if they wanted them to be part of the class.

I think the point is that you can choose which abilities you want to power up, at least at the beginning. On a serious note if all of the traits where unique abilities then that would mean we would have even more clutter of abilities and that would be moving backwards. So really one needs to choose if they want this trait/talent method or just a couple abilities that would be like legendaries. And I am in favor of less legendaries that are just given to people, because thats not legendary. They choose traits that are more like talents so its hard to not have some filler/passives/not amazing traits, it was a choice that had to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Serendia View Post
    I LOVE the armor of the Nightborn!! I wish tier sets would look like that!!
    Was thinking the same. The nature looking armor on the male Nightborn would be awesome druid armor.

Artifact weapon: look everyone who was missing the old talent trees!!

Nightborne: they look like space egyptians to me. The armor they wear looks awesome, the female model still has an asymetric torso like the new nelf female model ingame. They are breathing somehow, though they have no facial expressions to go with it and their arms look kinda weird like they don't really belong due to having no movement themselves.

Good example how it DOES work is the old model of the female nelf.

Deleted
    I wish we could get playable Nightborne. They could even be shared between both factions if they couldnt add anything new for horde. It would be nice to get some new and pretty race. It has been a long time since Cata and Pandaria didn't add pretty races.

Deleted
    Giant Mechanical Rabbit!

Its real. *renews sub and starts leveling hunters*

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Arcane Mage really might have some potential.. What's up with all the Arcane Barrage hitting extra people talents from all the trees?? I mean I personally don't care about that shit but it could be pretty OP for arenas..
    Very few people care. In fact, I think if WOW dumped PVP completely and spent more time on PVE which the very very VAST majority of players do that the game would be better and overall subs would go up.

PVP balance is the worst thing to happen to WOW. But PVP players are stupidly vocal and catering to them has continued to destroy the PVE experience.

If RIFT had focused solely on PVE and not balanced PVP, like they stated they originally intended to, I think it would still be very serious competition to WOW today. But once they went down the road of trying to balance their very complex skill system with PVP they gutted and changed so many elements of PVE that people left in droves.

Seriously, Blizzard should completely dump PVP and let PVPers go play a game focused entirely on PVP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teidden View Post
    Why is everyone an idiot? Are you the know all of WOW? Are you a game designer? I see too many times people in WOW or internet love to go right at name calling or assumptions of how smart someone is. My statement has nothing to do with entitlement as a raider or no pvper. They NEED to separate PVP with PVE play. Also why have it in the system TWICE. It has to be a placeholder it seems to me. I don't think they should be 100% useful to me. Which goes back to a tanks job control and survival not cc. Sure you want to use it in CC in CM then i can understand that.
    He sounds way more reasonable then you do, not that i wanna take any side of the coin in your drama but he atleast look on both sides of the coin there is talents in the artifact weapon that is not useful for dps so to speak.

That doesnt mean there is no place for it, did you even play back in old talents there where gimmicky and in most situations useless talents but sometimes they became handy be it pvp or pve raiding.

gimmicky talents are fun and nice to have.

Instead of flat reduce cc or do this remove cc or increase % dmg.

Its fun to have higher mitigation or healing or higher dmg on said generator/spender but odd talents are often more innovative and fun, aslong as they fill a purpose and not to many of them.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Very few people care. In fact, I think if WOW dumped PVP completely and spent more time on PVE which the very very VAST majority of players do that the game would be better and overall subs would go up.

PVP balance is the worst thing to happen to WOW. But PVP players are stupidly vocal and catering to them has continued to destroy the PVE experience.

If RIFT had focused solely on PVE and not balanced PVP, like they stated they originally intended to, I think it would still be very serious competition to WOW today. But once they went down the road of trying to balance their very complex skill system with PVP they gutted and changed so many elements of PVE that people left in droves.

Seriously, Blizzard should completely dump PVP and let PVPers go play a game focused entirely on PVP
    I mean I wish they would completely drop PVE. Instead of wishing for stupid things that will never happen, let's have a constructive conversation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Reminds me of Path of Exile's talent tree, just a lot smaller..unlike where in PoE you can get like 30 talent points to put just into a weapon damage..like bows and projectile damage that turns you into a powerhouse. At least in Legion it isn't that over the top.
    You are right, but way less in depth played poe myself,

there is actually an mmo that uses poe talent system kinda neat, you even have the classes in the talent tree wich you can switch forgot the name

Anyway numbers will be changed and we might see more talent nodes later afterall its atleast 4-5 months until most of the concept in this game will be set in stone and just numbric values and scaling will be done so a lot can change.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Most of these traits look boring af. Just the old type of talents increasing/decreasing stats with a few interesting things sprinkled around. PVP is going to be imbalanced af with these things and alts, even though there's a catch up mechanic, will be far behind. Ridiculous design. Along with the Legendaries this will probably be the most imbalanced expansion ever PVE and PVP.

That's what old talents always were.Ye these 5% increase in vanilla were such god.on other hand I look forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Most of these traits look boring af. Just the old type of talents increasing/decreasing stats with a few interesting things sprinkled around. PVP is going to be imbalanced af with these things and alts, even though there's a catch up mechanic, will be far behind. Ridiculous design. Along with the Legendaries this will probably be the most imbalanced expansion ever PVE and PVP.
    i know but Vanilla was amazing remember?

/s

Between the legendaries and these crazy strong artifact talents his expansion seems like they said "fuck it" to balance and are letting people play more like a Diablo 3 MMO, which would be okay with me if they don't pussy out and nerf all the fun out of these.

I mean stuff like an arcane mage with a 3 second blink cooldown for pvp lol. I suspect stuff like this will get nerfed into the ground.. but if it doesn't I know I'll have some fun. Wow is never balanced so whatever, fuck it, let people go nuts.

Even better would be if this was the final expansion so thats why they are just letting everyone go nuts with artifacts and legendaries everywhere and they've been working on a new engine and reset of the game with a timeskip or something for WoW2... but that's just a pipe dream. I know itll feel like a real buzzkill to go from these artifact weaposn with crazy op talents to just regular old epic weapons again in the next expansion if the game itself wasn't completely different, I'm very confused by how they view these ultimate weapons as a 1 expansion only thing if it's not the last expansion....
    Last edited by darkest4; 2015-11-28 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanname View Post
    I wish we could get playable Nightborne. They could even be shared between both factions if they couldnt add anything new for horde. It would be nice to get some new and pretty race. It has been a long time since Cata and Pandaria didn't add pretty races.
    Yeah, the Nightborne would make a great playable race. They have a capital city. The challenge would be starting zones and integrating them into the current factions. But I'd bet dimes to donuts that Blizz has at least considered them as playable -- their artwork is exceptionally detailed. And unlike most other NPC races, there's actually females.

Wow. I didnt expect artifact traits would be so bland and boring. Wtf