Thread: BoS Fail

BoS Fail

I really really really love Unholy. However I'm getting blown out of the water (for the most part) on single target bosses in Mythic due to not efficiently knowing how to use Breath of Singragosa. Ive played a DK for a long time but it just feels weird, foreign, crap up time and like I have no control. Is there a good, up to date guide on how to get the most out of BoS? Also what sources are available to soak for runic power to fuel it on each boss in HFC? Also...until I learn how, does PL+Defile as Unholy end up performing better than Unholy UB/NP or DW Frost PL/Defile?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skmage View Post
    I really really really love Unholy. However I'm getting blown out of the water (for the most part) on single target bosses in Mythic due to not efficiently knowing how to use Breath of Singragosa. Ive played a DK for a long time but it just feels weird, foreign, crap up time and like I have no control. Is there a good, up to date guide on how to get the most out of BoS? Also what sources are available to soak for runic power to fuel it on each boss in HFC? Also...until I learn how, does PL+Defile as Unholy end up performing better than Unholy UB/NP or DW Frost PL/Defile?
    Note: having Vial and UeH is important for BoS DPS.

Assume you understand the basics of pooling RP/runes and all that.

For how to optimize, the easist way to understand what you are suppose to do is to go to warcraftlogs, find ranking for UH dk's on any fight you are looking to master, then click the top parse, (or just click verestraz) go to cast->timeline,

It shows you a break down of exactly what abilities are used and when throughout the encounter. which you can use to practise on dummies.

Deleted
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...5&end=13604909

This is the current rank 1 on Iron Reaver.
    I've marked out the time he used BoS so you can check what he was casting during BoS.

Keep in mind lots of guilds are doing speed runs now. The rank 1 DK's kill was 43 seconds.
    If your guild is not capable of doing such, ranking will be hard.

Deleted
    Lol att that logg, And you will notice that DK is at bottom of the dps list and thats with 200+dps.

If your still learning it dont bother looking at these guides.

I usuly go back to this guide it has useful tips/trix for each boss and a "start" rotation for BOS.
    http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=78

Best of luck!

I'll throw my 2 sense in so you can take it or leave it. When I was first learning to use breath I saw a post where someone listed the opener. PS > FS > FS > PL > Outbreak > Breath > then SS spam UNLESS forced to use FS on blood/frost runes. I would go to kazzak 8 times a week just to practice this opener.. Soon you'll have 750-1mil on your first breath in no time! (depending on your current gear and proper rune weapon useage).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naturalight View Post
    I'll throw my 2 sense in so you can take it or leave it. When I was first learning to use breath I saw a post where someone listed the opener. PS > FS > FS > PL > Outbreak > Breath > then SS spam UNLESS forced to use FS on blood/frost runes. I would go to kazzak 8 times a week just to practice this opener.. Soon you'll have 750-1mil on your first breath in no time! (depending on your current gear and proper rune weapon useage).
    This and soak rp before the boss pull if you can. On Reaver you can soak pretty much full rp from cannons, on kromok you use the green/orange liquid.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2015-11-30 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have to say I'm also feeling a little overwhelmed with BoS. It's such a nonsense talent if I'm honest. A DPS CD that appears what you do during that point, impacts a lot on your DPS.

Also confused with BoS in terms of gear.Some people say conflicting things about when to use BoS. Below is my armoury, could someone maybe advise if I should be using BoS, or trying something else? I guess a part of me is thinking stick with BoS to basically get used to the rotation and the talent. On the flipside if its a big loss in DPs I will want to change. I should acquire my legendary ring today btw

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A1kus/simple

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    This and soak rp before the boss pull if you can. On Reaver you can soak pretty much full rp from cannons, on kromok you use the green/orange liquid.
    But he jumps like 10 seconds in and the breadth would be wasted...

I do like the practice on kazzak idea. Gonna give that a try today since the gods enjoy seeing me suffer and the day after I went full blown mastery enchanted and gems, my mythic cache gave me the mythic gorefiend belt war forged with a socket...
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    But he jumps like 10 seconds in and the breadth would be wasted...

I do like the practice on kazzak idea. Gonna give that a try today since the gods enjoy seeing me suffer and the day after I went full blown mastery enchanted and gems, my mythic cache gave me the mythic gorefiend belt war forged with a socket...
    He does indeed jump away. You can keep bos going until he jumps back (might need to ask you rl for a more suitable soaking spot) or sit on it till he returns. I was convinced sitting was best but I popped it on pull last clear and did fairly well too.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2015-12-01 at 03:28 PM. Reason: struggle to read sometimes :(