Deleted

Paris climate change action rally

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-34956825

Hundreds of thousands of people are marching worldwide to demand action to stop climate change, but one protest in Paris was marred by violence.

More than 2,000 events are happening globally on the eve of a UN summit in the French capital.

In Paris, police fired tear gas at a large group of demonstrators gathered in the Place de la Republique.

They were apparently protesting against France's state of emergency, and have been disowned by the main organisers.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said 208 people were arrested, of whom 174 are still in custody.

The order, banning public gatherings, was put into place after the 13 November attacks in the city, in which 130 people died.

Many of those involved in the clashes wore masks or covered their faces. Protesters and police walked over candles and tributes left for the attack victims at a makeshift memorial.
    It's a shame this occurred so soon

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on France using this as an excuse to extend the State of Emergency. Which, for those who can't count, still has 2 and a half months to go.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Saw this coming. What happened in France is like a mini 9-11

- nation attacked by terrorists
    - many innocents die
    - people get scared.
    - martial law and government control
    - people understand.
    - 5 minutes later they start hating it and pushing against the gov.

It's just like what happened in America but smaller scale. It's like people forget history and start acting shocked when it repeats somewhere.

Anyways. We can't stop climate change. We can slow it down and make it more gradual and less extreme. But any talk of stopping it shows the people discussing it have no knowledge of how shit works. That or they are just pandering hard to a demographic of ignorants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not gonna throw in any assumptions about potential conspiracies, but people should realize that walking and yelling is not gonna get attention, taking action does.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Quote Originally Posted by CasualWorgen View Post
    I'm not gonna throw in any assumptions about potential conspiracies, but people should realize that walking and yelling is not gonna get attention, taking action does.
    Making the effort to go to Paris in winter to make your viewpoint heard on a cause you clearly believe in isn't taking action?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Making the effort to go to Paris in winter to make your viewpoint heard on a cause you clearly believe in isn't taking action?
    These rallies are occurring globally as OP said and I don't think politicians bother to see if anyone decided to dedicate themselves so much to it that they flied from a foreign nation all the way there. Frankly I don't think they even care at all since these rallies have been going on for a while and nations still haven't shown much progress in slowing down the process of global warming, or even reversing it at that matter which is the only thing that would legitimately do anything about climate change at this point.
    Worgen hard, or hardly worgen?

Deleted
    Probably those people too
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc

When we smash a window, we aim to destroy the thin veneer of legitimacy that surrounds private property rights … After N30 [30 November], many people will never see a shop window or a hammer the same way again. The potential uses of an entire cityscape have increased a thousand-fold. The number of broken windows pales in comparison to the number of spells—spells cast by a corporate hegemony to lull us into forgetfulness of all the violence committed in the name of private property rights and of all the potential of a society without them. Broken windows can be boarded and eventually replaced, but the shattering of assumptions will hopefully persist for some time to come.
    ACME Collective, quoted in Paris (2003)[45]
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2015-11-29 at 09:11 PM.

Deleted
    Shameless protesters forcing the police to take their eye of the current problems....

This is actually quite dangerous. All the manpower they need to keep this eco-scum in check could create an opening for terrorists.

Any agreement made in paris will be annulled by trump after he is elected. We cant have a small group of radical politicians making treaties without putting it to a vote with congress. The iran deal is a perfect example of this abuse of power and the short sightedness of a bad deal for the American people only pushed through to feed the ego of an anti american presidential legacy.

Deleted
    France under Hollande is really going down the drain.
    They are in a very bad spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    France under Hollande is really going down the drain.
    They are in a very bad spot.
    You can thank the terrorists for this state of emergency. He had to do this. These eco idiots are just rude.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2015-11-29 at 10:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You can thank the terrorists for this state of emergency. He had to do this. These eco idiots are just rude.
    I personally like looking deeper into things but that's me.