Deleted

US urges Turkey and Russia to end row over downed plane

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34974409

US President Barack Obama has urged Turkey and Russia to reduce tensions, a week after Turkish jets shot down a Russian warplane.

After talks with Turkey's Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Paris, Mr Obama reaffirmed US support for "Turkey's right to defend itself and its airspace".
    But he stressed that Russia and Turkey should "de-escalate" their dispute.

"We all have a common enemy," Mr Obama said, referring to the so-called Islamic State (IS) group.

"I want to make sure that we focus on that threat," he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Not gonna happen as long as either Erdogan or Putin are presidents. Since Putin's statement that Erdogan buy ISIS's oil (you can google and will find info that his son is close to ISIS leaders and isis soldiers receive treatment in Erdogan daughter's clinic), Russia will continue it's course against Turkey.

On the other hand Obama should have focused on ISIS long ago, instead US bombs civilian hospitals.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Not gonna happen as long as either Erdogan or Putin are presidents. Since Putin's statement that Erdogan buy ISIS's oil (you can google and will find info that his son is close to ISIS leaders and isis soldiers receive treatment in Erdogan daughter's clinic), Russia will continue it's course against Turkey.

On the other hand Obama should have focused on ISIS long ago, instead US bombs civilian hospitals.
    And russia bombs civilian refugee kitchens. I wonder which one happened more recently. And which one had more fatalities. But no, you were saying?

At least our media makes a stink out of it instead of saying something like MSF had it coming.

It's a sad day when the US is the voice of reason.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's a sad day when the US is the voice of reason.
    Really? Why? Seems like that would be a good thing.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    And russia bombs civilian refugee kitchens. I wonder which one happened more recently. And which one had more fatalities. But no, you were saying?

At least our media makes a stink out of it instead of saying something like MSF had it coming.
    Ah, Whataboutism...

Most people hold the US to a higher degree than Russia.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)