Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I wasn't talking about MOBAs.

Yall act like there aren't other MMOs out there. ESO has a five button set up and within that the most build diversity that I've ever seen in an MMO, Wildstar has a limited set up and tons of build diversity, The Secret World has limited action bars and even limited amounts of spell and skill types you can use in a given deck and amazing amounts of build diversity.

WoW has eight hundred buttons and the exact same armor, weapons and rotation for every player of a given spec.
    That, I agree !
    But those particular setups would need a deep engine rework for WoW. Actually WoW is still iterating on its 10 years old core engine, its general combat rules, mechanics, therefore can only capitalize on it by changing/adding new spells/talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Yeah I mean it wouldn't work with WoW where it is but I think that a deep prune and making specific spells and talent choices waaaay more impactful and potent could be a great start in the right direction.

For instance making talent choices that heavily impact your entire rotation not just be one line of them at cap, make several lines completely alter rotation or preferred weapon type to use.
    Agreed 100%. It's been since WotLK that I'm waiting for Blizzard to start using this design philosophy. Legion seems to show they finally understood. Let's hope this is only a start ...