Legion Surv Question for those with info/alpha/datamining

Not sure if this is in the new alpha build or not, or disclosed anywhere, but just for sake of knowing, can anyone confirm:

- No Execute for Surv?
    - No Misdirect?
    - Does the Throwing Axes talent replace Hatchet Toss?
    - Is the Throwing Axes talent actually channeled like the spell info says on WoWHead (like throw one axe at a time), or is it instant 3 axes?

Azortharian is currently streaming SV gameplay from Legion Alpha, might be worth popping your head in to see.

http://www.twitch.tv/azortharion

- Correct.
    - Correct.
    - No.
    - Very fast channel, 3 axes thrown within it.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    - Correct.
    - Correct.
    - No.
    - Very fast channel, 3 axes thrown within it.
    How is the focus regen? Is there a lot or any downtime?

Focus regen for me with 9.3% haste is 10.93 fps.

Your main ability has no cost, so the only downtime is between the (1.5s) globals, which is long.

I'm not impressed with Survival. Obviously, we don't have many parsing tools / dps meter yet but the "rotation" feels thoughtless entirely.

(I am in alpha)

Something possibly of interest, most of the play style feels good, but there's one very annoying aspect to the gameplay atm. Staying at 6 (max) stacks of mongoose bite buff (+300% dmg) is pretty easy, but if you're out of melee range for even one second, they drop and you do shit damage. I imagine a similar problem occurs for people with high latency. Rotation is basically macro eagle strikes into every ability cuz it has no cost and is channeled through all abilities (kinda like an aoe auto attack?) then it's basically like mongoose->laceration->mongoose->kill command(forgot name)->mongoose->steel trap etc etc, and when kc/trap/lacerate are not avail you use raptor strike as a single tar focus dump/filler, or that cleave ability instead on aoe, then use the ability that grants 3 mongoose bites when you get bad enough rng to have no charges up.

Animal instincts talent is pretty ridiculous atm, it makes the kill command thing (forgot name) give you a random proc: 20% move speed, 100% haste, 40% crit, or 50 mastery rating (this number is very low and is probably intended to be +50% instead of rating).

Laceration and steel trap bleeds both do huge damage

Full stacked mongoose bite does huge damage

Harpoon (basically charge) feels ok, but being on the gcd makes it clunky, it shouldn't be on the gcd.

Aspect of the turtle should be a full immunity since it pacifies you, idk what reduction it gives atm since tooltip shows 0% DR

I don't know how much damage we do relative to other classes since I haven't looked for an alpha compatible skada yet, but this early in alpha it won't matter anyway because of very rough and early number tuning. Plus the dungeon drops Ilvl 800 gear that is probably intended as a reward at level 110, so gear really creates an insane gap between players rn.

Right now they just REALLY need to add a way to maintain mongoose bite stacks while at range, so either increasing duration or making an ability that costs focus to refresh the buff could do that.

my post above is kind of just random feedback I've gathered in my mind, didn't check grammar or anything, might edit later. I'll add more feedback here later if you guys want it, just so you can get an idea of the playstyle in current iteration.

inb4 /castsequence mongoose bite, lacerate, mongoose bite, kill command (im kidding)
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2015-12-03 at 09:38 PM.

Eagle strikes thing will def be macroed into everything atm though

Thanks for the input, just got out of meetings for the day so wasn't able to look back at this or check out twitch. I'm guessing Hatchet Toss is really just a gap closer global to toss out when moving then and Throwing Axes would be if you wanted more utility / filler abilities to your rotation.

Yeah some talents like sentry turret/hatchet toss are things I switched to just to kite and kill a level 110 elite/rare at 100, since those are the only real ranged abilities. I assume the rare I killed was meant to be 101 though, not 110. Sadly not even a tenacity pet can hold aggro so you end up feigning to drop yourself off threat table (there's no such thing as glyph of play dead, no glyphs at all) so pet gets aggro til it dies then you kite. Self healing is abysmal if you get hit though, as expected.

Another thing I actually really liked using is the new aspect of the cheetah, feels nice having a flat speed increase cd that won't daze or remove itself when hit.
    Last edited by Trictagon; 2015-12-03 at 10:03 PM.

I think I'd prefer Aspect of the Cheetah to be just a flat MS buff for Survival, being melee and all, but that doesn't fit into the theme of Aspects being cool downs.

Really, really don't like having a nerfed Deter as Survival. It plays on the Aspect = CD theme, but pacifying defensive for melee are lackluster, especially since Blessing/Hand of Protection won't pacify anymore. Not to mention a three minute CD is abysmal with no charges. Can we just get a slightly different Sham Rage style CD and Spirit Bond over Exhilaration? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I'm not impressed with Survival. Obviously, we don't have many parsing tools / dps meter yet but the "rotation" feels thoughtless entirely.

(I am in alpha)
    Yeah same, I'm not feeling it at all. At least we have two other specs. I don't think there is an execute period for hunter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Trictagon View Post
    Animal instincts talent is pretty ridiculous atm, it makes the kill command thing (forgot name) give you a random proc: 20% move speed, 100% haste, 40% crit, or 50 mastery rating (this number is very low and is probably intended to be +50% instead of rating).
    Best talent in the game -> Level 15. Okayyyyyyyyy. Thanks Blizzard \o/

What they should really do is revamp the idea of mongoose bite "stacks" into a vengeance type system that builds up over time and decays slowly. Rather than losing ALL stacks if you swap or something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Focus regen for me with 9.3% haste is 10.93 fps.

Your main ability has no cost, so the only downtime is between the (1.5s) globals, which is long.
    So they increased our Global? It used to be 1 second.

Only Survival's global is 1.5s to my knowledge.

Only Survival's global is 1.5s to my knowledge.
    Is it reduced by haste, like for many other melee specs?