Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(Spoiler) Vault of the Warden/Artifact Aquisition Gameplay

This takes place after Mardum and the Black Temple scene where you get arrested by Maiev Shadowsong.

I did not make this video.

You're welcome for the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK4DODj3ejI

Deleted
    Thanks for this.

Thanks for posting. I will watch it now.
    But I was wondering since you can now do DHs artifact aquisition quest, does the new alpha build have the second part of DH starting zone too? Or are they the same, hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbzyo View Post
    Thanks for posting. I will watch it now.
    But I was wondering since you can now do DHs artifact aquisition quest, does the new alpha build have the second part of DH starting zone too? Or are they the same, hmm
    The vault of the wardens IS the second half the of the DH starting zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    The vault of the wardens IS the second half the of the DH starting zone.
    I understand. I thought that vault of the wardens was the second half of the starting zone, totally separate from the artifact q chain. I expected some transition between Mardum and Vault because taking quests straight from Maiev is a bit odd, but again its still alpha

... still havent watched the entire video, that would probably clarify things up

Great video, but I wish it wasn't in 480p :P

I understand. I thought that vault of the wardens was the second half of the starting zone, totally separate from the artifact q chain. I expected some transition between Mardum and Vault because taking quests straight from Maiev is a bit odd, but again its still alpha

... still havent watched the entire video, that would probably clarify things up

There is suppose to be a movie after you complete mardum, then you wake up in the VotW. Right now it just plays the classic WoW cinematic intro.

After you do VotW you're ported to Dalaran, can go get your artifact, and then you take over The Fel Hammer in Maradum as your class hall. anymore questions I'll do my best to answer (have alpha access since yesterday)

Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    There is suppose to be a movie after you complete mardum, then you wake up in the VotW. Right now it just plays the classic WoW cinematic intro.

After you do VotW you're ported to Dalaran, can go get your artifact, and then you take over The Fel Hammer in Maradum as your class hall. anymore questions I'll do my best to answer (have alpha access since yesterday)
    Thats awesome!
    Thanks for your answer and gz on your access; Im still waiting mine qq

gz on your access; Im still waiting mine qq
    We all are, brother.

maybe it's just be but, I really hope alot of the animations and effects are "works in progress" because many of the abilities have a lackluster look. many look unfinished and kinda bland, especially that fury of the illidari animation/visual effect

Yeah I know it was 480p but we need this information. DH nation!

I hope they do something with the Ashtongue and Coilscar over the course of the questing. Like, what are their reactions to the fall of the Black Temple? Or why did Vashj side with Illidan over Azshara. That's some Drama that I would like to see.

So I'm ok with lore loopholes for the most part *like how magically theres 100s of night elves in illidan's army but come on Maiev? MAIEV? Theres no way, even if Kil'Jaden walked through the dark portal himself, would that woman ever release the demon hunters, she had so much hatred for Illidan its unreal, and thats who our release is supposed to come from?? No I don't buy it, and the developers need a better option. Wrathion maybe, hell even a cat tripping over the switch to release us makes more sense

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuze View Post
    So I'm ok with lore loopholes for the most part *like how magically theres 100s of night elves in illidan's army but come on Maiev? MAIEV? Theres no way, even if Kil'Jaden walked through the dark portal himself, would that woman ever release the demon hunters, she had so much hatred for Illidan its unreal, and thats who our release is supposed to come from?? No I don't buy it, and the developers need a better option. Wrathion maybe, hell even a cat tripping over the switch to release us makes more sense
    that's exactly why she released us.she can't do her duty if demons destroy Azeroth now,can't she???

Quote Originally Posted by JainaProudmoore View Post
    that's exactly why she released us.she can't do her duty if demons destroy Azeroth now,can't she???
    PLUS...we could inadvertently lead her right to her quarry.
    Sodarien/Vemras

Wyrmrest Accord

Quote Originally Posted by JainaProudmoore View Post
    Nah your missing the point, her hatred is stuff of legends, like worse than if Malfurioun walked up to Illidan and gave him a hug, no she would let Azeroth burn before she'd free anything close to us. Pick ANY other creature in wow and it makes more sense than her. Like you guys must not RP, it takes more than the end of the world to change people's minds... In fact 90% of people on earth would rather die than change. So no, it doesnt make sense

Nah your missing the point, her hatred is stuff of legends, like worse than if Malfurioun walked up to Illidan and gave him a hug, no she would let Azeroth burn before she'd free anything close to us. Pick ANY other creature in wow and it makes more sense than her. Like you guys must not RP, it takes more than the end of the world to change people's minds... In fact 90% of people on earth would rather die than change. So no, it doesnt make sense
    So, it's impossible that we may see her motives explained, or development for her character in any way or form?
    And her big moment at the end of the Black Temple final fight with Illidan, when she realizes that her hatred of him has defined her entire existence, can't possibly have affected some level of change in her thinking?
    Sodarien/Vemras

Wyrmrest Accord

Quote Originally Posted by Vemras View Post
    So, it's impossible that we may see her motives explained, or development for her character in any way or form?
    And her big moment at the end of the Black Temple final fight with Illidan, when she realizes that her hatred of him has defined her entire existence, can't possibly have affected some level of change in her thinking?
    The bold is also important - she hates him an insane amount. Other DHs are, more like than not, little more than "demonic magics - imprison" checkmarks wardens fill out.

lol man.Azeroth is invaded by demons.why would she just sit back,watching Demon Hunters and Illidan while demons are destroying everything in their path???remove the biggest threat first then worry about anything else later.it makes perfect sense.also,Demon Hunters are the best weapon against demons.she is not changing.she already said that she did not want to release us but she didn't had a choice.

If your all ok with that explanation then that is perfectly fine. I personally don't like it and I thnk someone like Wraithion makes 100% more sense as he would have had the foresight to do something about it. But IF I am to accept that she caves than riddle me this, why don't we cut her down instantly? For a class thats supposed to be about vengeance and being pissed off, we are awfully forgiving bunch eh?