Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I don't give a shit about arena. I'm just talking about random pvp.

You people take numbers way too seriously. I'm not asking for nerfs to your precious class, I'm just stating how annoying the class is.
    You want annoying? Try playing as a shadow priest while having a warrior or rogue focus you.

When a Shadow Priest kills me I feel like I was deleted from the game.
    Omg, I'm dying. This line made my morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentia View Post
    You want annoying? Try playing as a shadow priest while having a warrior or rogue focus you.
    Yeah Rogue and DK it sucks but I really think a skilled capped Shadow Priest has a chance against Warrior. Anything can beat a Warrior if you make no mistakes where you don't let the Warrior get enough uptime on you.

I'm not really talking about 1v1's either. Most Shadow Priest players are smart/decent at the game enough to know that their biggest strength is to attack in groups and hide away dealing retarded damage unnoticed. It's much harder to spot a Shadow Priest than any other class I feel like because their spells don't really deal obvious animation like Chaos Bolt.

That's what I like about spriest. Other than the sounds and very subtle spell graphics you don't know what is killing you. I love the subtlety of it. Very direct with no projectile travel time.

I don't give a shit about arena. I'm just talking about random pvp.

You people take numbers way too seriously. I'm not asking for nerfs to your precious class, I'm just stating how annoying the class is.
    hunters, rogues, dks are far worse

Battlegrounds are the only place WOD shadow priest is good, give us a break.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far the only classes I have a real problem with are hunters, spriests and boomkins. The fact they can kill you without any real counter is infuriating. Spriests and boomkins don't even freaking cast anymore, yet hit you with their 40-50k to a 100k+ instant spell crits.

The only thing more annoying than dying to a shadow priest is playing a shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    *shrug* I do battlegrounds as a shadow priest.

...and oh boy, is it fun. The damage is insane, unless there's a clever feral or possibly a warrior who decides to axe me in the face constantly, I can easily go the whole BG without dying while topping damage and kills by far. This isn't really about bragging or anything like that, just in random battlegrounds shadow priests are really really efficient.
    Indeed, a spriest can truly work wonders when left alone.

However, I just bend over to the warrior/feral/rogue overlords. Especially assa rogues. No way. I just get deleted

Eh playing against and also having a Spriest I have got to say there are a lot more classes stronger than Priest. All it takes is one melee to say "fuck that guy" and your dead after the trains his melee dick into you. I eat Spriest all day as Enh.

but most games you end up demolishing everyone with 0 deaths because people are stupid and let you freecast all day.

in Arena Priest have 1 comp and you get tunneled all day and the only reason you live is from poly/cyclone spam.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2015-12-10 at 04:41 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Eh playing against and also having a Spriest I have got to say there are a lot more classes stronger than Priest. All it takes is one melee to say "fuck that guy" and your dead after the trains his melee dick into you. I eat Spriest all day as Enh.
    It's just so hit and miss though. If that priest has even one or two remotely decent players on their team, you can't do shit to the spriest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    It's just so hit and miss though. If that priest has even one or two remotely decent players on their team, you can't do shit to the spriest.
    Well that's just random bgs tho, 1 or 2 decent people win you the game.

it could be

Warrior/Healer
    Lock/Healer
    Double Stealth
    Spriest/Peeler

ect.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2015-12-10 at 04:49 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    Stick a couple of babysitters on any ranged class and that happens...

Deleted
    problem is when you dont know what a shadow priest does, youre more likely to die to him/her...
    fresh mop was fun on the bg aswell (and often still is) when nobody knew touch of karma : D so you just go in 1v 4 and a healer and get the flag because everyone is hitting you and the flag carrier cant immune :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priests aren't even squishy like the other wizards. They can live long enough for people to come help them. It seems like every time I get close to killing one, they seem to get help in the nick of time.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    Shadow pretty much counters no classes, if you're consistently dying it's due to how you're playing...(badly)

Why not state your class and some scenerios and ask for advice?

I mean "I'm tunneling healers and die to a DPS freecasting on me..." doesn't exactly sound like it has to be a shadow, shadow damage is only strong for a small burst window, it's possible as its a BG you're just being swapped when the shadow has orbs and procs, but thats no different to any other class swapping you with cds...
    He did. The scenario is that he is not paying attention while attacking someone else and gets killed by a shadow priest who is able to burst harder than him.

Personally the only thing I dislike about shadow priests is cascade in BG's. Maybe it's just me but I think it's pretty silly that they can press one button on instant cast and have it deal a total of like 700k damage (though spread out among multiple targets). The cooldown is pretty short as well. It's just such a mindless and powerful ability in BG's to the point where, if you are not top damage as a shadow priest, you should delete your character.
    Last edited by dippinsawse; 2015-12-11 at 02:24 AM.

I take it you are playing a Range class if you are saying it, roll any melee (other than WW maybe) and you will rape Shadow priest every time: Enh/Rets are the best Shadow priest killers, then go rog/dk/feral/war

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Every caster thinks melee have too many interrupt tools (multiple stuns, spellreflect, grip) while many melee players think casters have too many instant casts. How to stop the arms race? And who is right?
    Option C: They're both right. There is far too much unstoppable garbage in this game from all classes, and this includes melee mobility and anti-CC. Clarity of Power is hilariously bad design, allowing the class to kill people with nothing but unstoppable instant casts. Enhancement shamans being unstoppable button mashing killing machines is just as bad. Rogues having a full 2-3 seconds of CC-immunity arbitrarily tacked on to their biggest DPS ability, which also happens to have a 20 second CD, and teleport you to your target, is just straight up retarded. Virtually every class has stupid crap like this. Ice nova, Starsurge, asphyxiate, feral druids as a whole, the list goes on. So many poorly designed abilities that have absolutely no counterplay, add zero depth to the game, and only exist to frustrate the victims on which they are used.

In a more personal opinion, I would posit that it's not strictly melee's ability to interrupt casts that is problematic; interrupting is only a small part of the problem. In earlier iterations of the game, casting with a melee on you was virtually impossible for most casters due to spell pushback and the massive damage that melee could put out very quickly, furthermore casters had very little in the way of instant cast options. Despite this, casters were still very powerful, because melee classes all had their own weaknesses and ways of avoiding their damage. I'm not trying to de-rail this into "game should be more like vanilla", I simply want to point out that it's entirely possible to have melee able to shut down casters completely when they're in melee range, yet still have casters be viable without giving them an arsenal of poorly design instant casts to spam. Interrupts are an issue, but not the only one, or even the biggest one. Mobility and uptime are the biggest issue with melee.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Akkoron View Post
    problem is when you dont know what a shadow priest does, youre more likely to die to him/her...
    fresh mop was fun on the bg aswell (and often still is) when nobody knew touch of karma : D so you just go in 1v 4 and a healer and get the flag because everyone is hitting you and the flag carrier cant immune :P
    The exact opposite is true. Since there is zero way of avoiding or outplaying any shadow priest abilities, knowing what SPs can do gives you almost no advantage at all. This is actually possibly the only spec in the entire history of the game to have so little counterplay.

Can't stand them anymore. And there's SO many of them in bg's now. I'd rather be gang banged by all of the retarded male blood elf/male human DK/Warrior rerolls than deal with one Shadow Priest, let alone 2, 3 or 4.

Getting killed by a Shadowpriest is probably one of the worst if not the worst feeling in the game. It's like you don't get globaled where you're just like "well whatever" but instead, it feels like you're face is being melted off like candlewax while those annoying shadowy ass sounds go off. It's a dreadfully slow yet a fast and painful death. At least with retarded shit like Chaos Bolt or Starsurge or Warrior Execute, you know its coming. With Shadow damage you just feel like your melting away while you go completely insane because you have no idea what the fuck is killing you yet all you hear is those annoying sounds of agony or whatever.

And Shadow damage kills fast. And when they creep up on you like a fucking Rogue, you better react fast or else you're fucking dead. I've been in fights where I'm just brainlessly tunneling a healer and then a Shadow Priest comes from out of nowhere and literally melts my health pool from 100% to 20% without me even realizing until I'm at 50%. You can't just ignore them either or else you just let them free cast on you and kill you. You literally have to stop attacking whomever and tunnel the shadow so he has to play defensive. It's annoying.
    As a shadow priest main since BC, this just made my day. I was overjoyed reading how i can totally melt your face. Thank you.

Nothing is more annoying than lolhuntards (applies every expansion).

Yea but just wait until Legion and reroll DH and faceroll everything
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic