Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    It seems like pretty obvious racism to me. You're favoring one race over another. Racism.

If they're unfairly disadvantaged in society somehow, we focus on how we can fix that, not try to give them unfair advantages and hope they balance out in the long run. That just drives it in further that race is actually a thing we should give a damn about instead of something as stupid as fighting over the shape of your nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because one can be racist towards a particular group and not others?
    Those are some weird racists. I don't think I've ever encountered, even on the internet, someone that has hatred in their hearts for black people and Hispanics, but not East Asians and Indians.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    The candidates are pooled from the basically the same universities such as Stanford, Berkeley, MIT, Caltech, which themselves suffer from low numbers of enrolled students of color.
    Stop pedaling falsehoods. Stanford is 42.5% white. Far from having a low number of students of color, they wildly underrepresent white people relative to the general population. Berkley is only 24.3% white. MIT is 51%. Caltech is only 27% white.

To use your phrasing, these institutions are "suffering" from a lack of students of paleness. Alternatively, they're just accepting qualified students and not obsessing too much over what color they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Those are some weird racists. I don't think I've ever encountered, even on the internet, someone that has hatred in their hearts for black people and Hispanics, but not East Asians and Indians.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop pedaling falsehoods. Stanford is 42.5% white. Far from having a low number of students of color, they wildly underrepresent white people relative to the general population. Berkley is only 24.3% white. MIT is 51%. Caltech is only 27% white.

To use your phrasing, these institutions are "suffering" from a lack of students of paleness. Alternatively, they're just accepting qualified students and not obsessing too much over what color they are.
    You are correct. Let me make a correction. Instead of color, I should have said black. Also as I mentioned before, there is no AA in the California UC system since the passage of Prop 209. Their acceptance policy is strictly based on GPA, SAT score and extracurricular activities.

little shaquanda cant pass math because her great grandfather couldn't vote

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I can only think of 3 universities that are federal. The military academies. Unless you're talking about grant money, which are essentially contracts to carry out work.
    Psst. The smaller governments tax too, not just the Fed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    First up:

Qualifications are only a part of the puzzle, I've seen a few people who were best "qualified" turned down here in favour of people who just came across a lot better on the day. Ultimately we want people we can work with.
    That graphic is about the most racist thing I have ever seen.

You've been very fortunate, then. That's perhaps more common than the all-out racist. My father despises brown people. I had an Indian friend--one of my capstone partners--over for Thanksgiving. After he left, he furiously insisted that I was dating him and we haven't spoken since. You can pretty much label all of Asia and immigrant Asians under this stereotype.

I don't know why it would seem so preposterous that people would favor one race that's not their own. Suppose one is a lemming and easily persuaded. You could just turn on the TV or connect to the internet. Black people rioting. Asian people going to school. Two stereotypes and you make an quick generalization. I swear Hooked has yellow fever and a deep hatred for blacks if you really want to find an example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    You acquaintances may want to look up Prop 209. The UC system has not used an AA system since 1998. Since the passage of Prop 209, both white and black students enrollment decreased significantly. Asian American is now the majority.
    Indeed, hence their delusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Not to mention that most states have upwards of 30-40% of their budget subsidized by the federal government. And some either directly goes to schools or frees up the states' own resources to go to the schools, which is basically the same thing.

I know this is just one guy, but didn't Dylann Roof think east asians could be "allies" in his race war?

- - - Updated - - -

pure anti-white i'd say

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I thought the graphic was about being a cheapskate and finding a way to watch a baseball game without paying for it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I know this is just one guy, but didn't Dylann Roof think east asians could be "allies" in his race war?
    I have no idea. Point taken though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anntheman View Post
    You've been very fortunate, then. That's perhaps more common than the all-out racist. My father despises brown people. I had an Indian friend--one of my capstone partners--over for Thanksgiving. After he left, he furiously insisted that I was dating him and we haven't spoken since. You can pretty much label all of Asia and immigrant Asians under this stereotype.

I don't know why it would seem so preposterous that people would favor one race that's not their own. Suppose one is a lemming and easily persuaded. You could just turn on the TV or connect to the internet. Black people rioting. Asian people going to school. Two stereotypes and you make an quick generalization. I swear Hooked has yellow fever and a deep hatred for blacks if you really want to find an example.
    You're right. My statement was not well thought out.