Page 1 of 31
... LastLast
    Deleted

Current playerbase can't handle Timewalking dungeons level of difficulty?

After trying to heal 5 timewalking dungeons this morning I gave up out of frustration.
    I have to pop burst heal CD's on TRASH just to help us survive because people don't understand even the very basics of running a proper dungeon.

Running Timewalking Dungeons on a healer is appearently about educating the Tank and the DPS how an actual "challenging" dungeon should be played.
    Dps standing in front of mobs, Ranged standing in melee range of mobs (?), Tanks pulling everything they see and not face enemies away from the group, etc. etc.

Timewalking dungeons aren't overtuned and very doable, even in a respactable pace without having to worry about wipes. But I don't think that the current playerbase can handle this very well at all...
    Guess I'll just farm on a dps again just to avoid the frustration of being the only one in the group that works his butt off (aka healer) >.>

maybe you should join a guild and run the dungeons with your new friends

Deleted
    Haven't encountered any of these problems. IMO people just stomp through them with me throwing the occasional earth shield at them.

Never had any of these issues, hell we had a frost DK pulling mass groups earlier and still had no problems come from it.

I lol through TW with my Prot-Pala.
    Must be a tank issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's weird. I hardly had any trouble with Timewalking so far, and that's with getting trigger happy tanks that pull entire rooms of trash that repeatedly stuns and silences the group (looking at you, Mana Tombs). I guess you really got the lowest of jackpots :\
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Every once in a great while I might run into a group that is just flat bad. I would be lying if this wasn't the case. But they always at least manage to get though with minimal deaths and even rarer a wipe. But typically it is just a mow it down relentlessly.

Deleted
    I ran 4 last night on my disc priest, i pugged all 4 with the random dungeon finder tool, i'd actually thought they'd been nerfed, there was almost no challenge and run in and aoe down was the general order of the day.

When I healed, I got grouped with tanks that would get globaled by a single group if I missed even one GCD spamming Flash of Light.
    When I tanked, I died every time I made a daring pull I couldn't quite solo, or came very close to it while burning all CDs.

I can only imagine the wipefest that happens when the tanks I heal and the healers that heal me get grouped together without me boosting them.

I'm just "soloing" these dungeons at a relatively quick but cautious pace with 4 players I treat as if they were on autofollow until my timereaver drops. Counting on your group to help out with heal, dispels, CDs, interrupts, stuns etc. will just get you killed more often than not. Glad those months upon months of farming BiS gear turned out not being a waste of time.

People treat Timewalking with a lack of respect, because those dungeon designs are vastly different to the ones most players are used to. Dungeons used to require a fair bit of coordination, you didn't just swarm in with 5 random people and stomp everything. You needed to use Crowd Control, Interrupts, and clever use of your mechanics.

They were never hard, but they had brutal moments where your Healer could be spell locked for 5 seconds while the tank is stunned. But all of that could be avoided by the use of class abilities and mechanics, something most people don't have naturally in them, or they don't want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    People treat Timewalking with a lack of respect, because those dungeon designs are vastly different to the ones most players are used to. Dungeons used to require a fair bit of coordination, you didn't just swarm in with 5 random people and stomp everything. You needed to use Crowd Control, Interrupts, and clever use of your mechanics.

They were never hard, but they had brutal moments where your Healer could be spell locked for 5 seconds while the tank is stunned. But all of that could be avoided by the use of class abilities and mechanics, something most people don't have naturally in them, or they don't want to do.
    What dungeons are you talking about? During WotLK, we never used CC even after getting to level 80 because the WotLK heroic dungeons lacked the difficulty they needed to be called "heroic".
    And you cannot compare BC heroic dungeons with today's dungeons. Mobs with 360° cleave were common (hello melees), tanks could not reach crit immunity by clicking "Hi I'm a tank". They had to collect the correct items (f*ck yeah prot paladin with spellpower weapon) and their set of abilities was fairly small (no "charge - thunderclap - hurray"). BC was just a completely different time.

maybe in Cata TW thats possible but Im not even certain a healer is needed at all for most of BC timewalking ...

The only reason they're difficult is because the scaling is way off.

In fact downscaling is probably one of the worst things in WoW and is the reason why I think timewalking altogether is terrible. There's just no logic behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    maybe in Cata TW thats possible but Im not even certain a healer is needed at all for most of BC timewalking ...
    or it might be an issue with healer not with tank

The only thing those groups had in common was the healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    What dungeons are you talking about? During WotLK, we never used CC even after getting to level 80 because the WotLK heroic dungeons lacked the difficulty they needed to be called "heroic".
    And you cannot compare BC heroic dungeons with today's dungeons. Mobs with 360° cleave were common (hello melees), tanks could not reach crit immunity by clicking "Hi I'm a tank". They had to collect the correct items (f*ck yeah prot paladin with spellpower weapon) and their set of abilities was fairly small (no "charge - thunderclap - hurray"). BC was just a completely different time.
    Interrupts were still extremely important in wrath - one specific example will still kill players your average group (as they likely wouldnt focus the caster at the back)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Timewalker dungeons aren't challenging. They actually have far less mechanics than current dungeons.

I feel the Ilvl scaling is just off because of the Squish of this expac not translating well to older dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    If you had half a brain TBC heroics were easy and are far easier than current Mythic dungeons.

Never had an issue personally. They're easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Cata TW is the easiest of the 3. In Cata, there really aren't any threats, at all. In WotLK, you have a few packs here and there that will wipe the group if mechanics aren't dealt with. BC TWs have a huge amount of stuns, CCs, ect that will cause your tank to sit on his hands for 15 seconds while the mobs go around and smash the face in on the rest of the group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    If you had half a brain TBC heroics were easy and are far easier than current Mythic dungeons.
    In 630 gear? Probably.

In 660 gear? Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."