Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Something one of my little cousins was very allergic to, she grew out of it by now, was in like everything. Maybe peanut? They had to read all ingredients on everything and make sure when they were out that she didn't eat anything they didn't check or else a hospital visit was likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    unfortunately no, i mean ive been wanting to do a fecal transplant from the very beginning and i could never find a proper donor, then theres this one time when my friend was willing to do so and back then i was a noobie at this and desperate so i couldnt find how to do the enema right so i blended his poop with a TON of stevia closed my eyes and block my nose and did the most disgusting thing ever(because some people totally put it in capsules and do it like a probiotic, i just decided to go hardcore and get pass the gross factor). Then i found out he was totally not a legit donor as he had cases of diarrhea. Yea' now im an en enema expert but still havent come across any donor and also they only do those thing by the medicinal field if you have c difficile, not just "ibs"
    Yeah it's tough to get a legit donor. If you find one, make sure you take broad spectrum antibiotics (like rifaximin, you're probably familiar with it) first in order to improve the chance that the probiotics colonize. Probably should take an antifungal as well as yeast make up a good portion of the microbiome, and if you have an aggressive species then antibiotics will only help it thrive. (fluconazole once 4 days before, 3 days of rifaximin, then wait ~2 days, then treat)

Also, a minor detail - do orange juice instead of stevia. Stevia is antimicrobial, so mixing it with the bacteriotherapy could kill everything before it reaches its destination. Finally, don't blend it too much as every second it blends will lyse more bacteria - and unblended bits will survive stomach acid/bile salts better.

Good luck in your search! I would just ask family. Younger the better, too btw, even if it's a baby.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2015-12-09 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Corn syrup is how I found out.
    Yeah, it's in most sweet things. I don't drink soda unless it's made with cane sugar.
    I would start fretting if that was in beer.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I would start fretting if that was in beer.
    Certain doubles/high ABV beers use maltodextrin derived from corn starch. So uh, there's a few. Most single craft beers are fine. Cheap beer is nearly always fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Certain doubles/high ABV beers use maltodextrin derived from corn starch. So uh, there's a few. Most single craft beers are fine. Cheap beer is nearly always fine.
    LOL thank fuck for old milwaukee I guess

15+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately no, i mean ive been wanting to do a fecal transplant from the very beginning and i could never find a proper donor, then theres this one time when my friend was willing to do so and back then i was a noobie at this and desperate so i couldnt find how to do the enema right so i blended his poop with a TON of stevia closed my eyes and block my nose and did the most disgusting thing ever(because some people totally put it in capsules and do it like a probiotic, i just decided to go hardcore and get pass the gross factor). Then i found out he was totally not a legit donor as he had cases of diarrhea. Yea' now im an en enema expert but still havent come across any donor and also they only do those thing by the medicinal field if you have c difficile, not just "ibs"
    Wait what...did you just tell you drank the shit of some other person?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Go go eugenics
    There's that silly persecution complex again. If you really believe that, why are you still playing? And if you're not, why are you hanging around to bother the people who are?
    Kirroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Well when you put it that way...

In all seriousness though, it's kinda normal for animals to eat healthy poop of other animals in their herd/group/whatever when they're sick. It's a way of re-establishing microbial equilibrium after an infection wipes out your gut diversity.

Also, the cleanliness of our culture tends to make us more sensitive to these kinds of things.
    Last edited by Underverse; 2015-12-09 at 11:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Well when you put it that way...

In all seriousness though, it's kinda normal for animals to eat healthy poop of other animals in their herd/group/whatever when they're sick. It's a way of re-establishing microbial equilibrium after an infection wipes out your gut diversity.
    I thought a fecal transplant was done by ejecting poop from the ass of another person and sticking it into your bum.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Beyond lactose intolerance (which isn't that bad, I basically just avoid milk and ice cream), I am not sure if I have "allergies" or my body just responds poorly to certain foods...hummus, grain/wheat being the two other main culprits. Too much soy caused fatigue symptoms for awhile...apparently soy can affect your hormones and endocrine system...too much white rice makes me feel sick, and not from overeating. Just if I eat it on a regular basis.

*shrug* in any case, I'm better off than a lot of people with allergies. If that's what they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought a fecal transplant was done by ejecting poop from the ass of another person and sticking it into your bum.
    That's one way. Orally is moderately more successful though in refractory cases, because you're affecting the entire digestive tract.

Sucks. I live near the gulf and I have a shellfish allergy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantash View Post

Go go eugenics
    Allergies aren't genetic though. There are predispositions for certain MHC haplotypes but it's not strong enough to be predictive.

My gf got diagnosed with a food allergy, she's taking it better than I am. I'm very grateful that the foods I don't eat are by my choice and not because I have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    My gf got diagnosed with a food allergy, she's taking it better than I am. I'm very grateful that the foods I don't eat are by my choice and not because I have to.
    you do realize that her allergies are your own now?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yeah it's tough to get a legit donor. If you find one, make sure you take broad spectrum antibiotics (like rifaximin, you're probably familiar with it) first in order to improve the chance that the probiotics colonize. Probably should take an antifungal as well as yeast make up a good portion of the microbiome, and if you have an aggressive species then antibiotics will only help it thrive. (fluconazole once 4 days before, 3 days of rifaximin, then wait ~2 days, then treat)

Also, a minor detail - do orange juice instead of stevia. Stevia is antimicrobial, so mixing it with the bacteriotherapy could kill everything before it reaches its destination. Finally, don't blend it too much as every second it blends will lyse more bacteria - and unblended bits will survive stomach acid/bile salts better.

Good luck in your search! I would just ask family. Younger the better, too btw, even if it's a baby.
    lol, it was like a whole smoothie of poop so i doubt it mattered, but in any case, if i was to do it again i would do it via enema.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, and no it wasnt because i am one of those people have a fetish to fecal matter.

And , lol. Yeah louis ck is freaking amazing,
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2015-12-10 at 12:04 AM.

Question whatever you take for granted.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes, and no it wasnt because i am one of those people have a fetish to fecal matter.
    Have you tried ass to ass transplant and it didn't work? I would definitely try that first before going ass to mouth.

Have you tried ass to ass transplant and it didn't work? I would definitely try that first before going ass to mouth.
    well yea, thats what i went for at first but like i said. i wasnt experimented with doing it and i was messing it up since i was doing it myself so i decided it be easier and more effective yet way more gross to just take it from the mouth and then i never had a chance to get another donor to do it right.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Why would you eat anything out of an udder anyhow?
    Whole milk is god tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    you do realize that her allergies are your own now?
    Yes, that's one reason I'm so sad for her.