Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    Oh, I was referring to having only one of the specs having execute, and the other spec's DPS should be like a straight line over the course of a fight. So yeah, like now but more.

Right now, I don't know if I don't like execute itself or if it's actually the legendary ring making me not like execute. lol
    Probably a bit of both, at least in my case thats the thing. I'd be fine with Fury being more like WOTLK in terms of damage distribution, Execute was a very minor thing, Fury did consistent dps on pull to pull and maintained a strong single target + cleave output throughout all of a fight, with Execute having only an extremely minor role in things.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I'm all for execute being a powerful ability, but there's no reason at all it needs to be as ridiculous nuclear bomb world destroyer that it currently it is. I mean this is ridiculous.

Pre-execute: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&end=11794794
    Execute: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&end=11819792

They could easily redistribute 20-25% of that execute damage to above 20% and execute would still be hardest hitting ability in the game by a good margin.
    See, this here is what I was talking about. Many times I feel like I could just afk before 20%, since I haven´t a chance in hell to compete with anyone, but then, that happens. It´s too much and I dont want to see it like that in Legion.

Being strong <20% is awesome imo. I like how classes are not the same and can be useful for different parts of a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I'm all for execute being a powerful ability, but there's no reason at all it needs to be as ridiculous nuclear bomb world destroyer that it currently it is. I mean this is ridiculous.

Pre-execute: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&end=11794794
    Execute: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...0&end=11819792

They could easily redistribute 20-25% of that execute damage to above 20% and execute would still be hardest hitting ability in the game by a good margin.
    So you want to nerf the only advantage arms have over other classes? We don't have good non execute burst, we don't have good consistent single target dps. Only advantage is our execute and sweeping strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    So you want to nerf the only advantage arms have over other classes? We don't have good non execute burst, we don't have good consistent single target dps. Only advantage is our execute and sweeping strikes.
    Key word was redistribute, not nerf.

And actually Arms single target damage is very consistent atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Key word was redistribute, not nerf.

And actually Arms single target damage is very consistent atm.
    What would that solve? There's no chance we would be top patchwerk dps anyway and arms would just be same as fury more or less. And I said good consistent single target damage, it's just consistent now, which is fine imo.

What would that solve? There's no chance we would be top patchwerk dps anyway and arms would just be same as fury more or less. And I said good consistent single target damage, it's just consistent now, which is fine imo.
    He didn't say take all the damage out of execute, he said redistribute some of it, so that DPS wouldn't be as lopsided as it is. Being able to AFK the first 80% of the fight isn't exactly compelling gameplay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Granted Artunias' example is at the extreme end but 80k from 100% - 20% and 500k+ from 20% - 0% isn't consistent, unless you have some odd definition of the word you care to share...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Granted Artunias' example is at the extreme end but 80k from 100% - 20% and 500k+ from 20% - 0% isn't consistent, unless you have some odd definition of the word you care to share...
    It's consistent in that his example will happen 9/10 times.

Now that alpha Arms is available can some1 with alpha acsses verify if this is teh case?
    I mean, if arms is doing full insane damage sub-20% and crap damage teh first 80% of teh fight?
    I know numbers arent tuned, but with those +40% damage to execute artifact tratits..... Maybe test on a dummy if the gap above 20% and sub 20% is too great.

There certainly is a gap between the two, but we do respectable damage above 20% as well currently (as Arms, have barely played Fury). The main benefit for Arms in the Execute phase isn't that Execute hits super hard, it's that we spend almost every global on Execute, which has a high chance to extend CS, meaning the biggest gain from our execute phase is the super high up-time we can achieve on CS.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Nice, thanks for the info