Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Thug lives however be they black, white or something else...
    The point of the BLM movement is that just because someone is black, the cops shouldn't just assume they're thugs and treat them accordingly - something which does happen...a lot.

But you're right when you say that they shouldn't choose black people who happen to be thugs as the examples for this campaign. It really doesn't help the cause. It actually does the opposite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    This is America. Everyone is kinda always legitimately in fear of their lives.
    I live in South Africa. We have it even worse than you guys when it comes to violent crime. You may have heard of Oscar Pistorius, the famous (now infamous) paralympic athlete who murdered his girlfriend by shooting her 4 times with hollowpoint ammunition while she was in the bathroom behind a closed door. He claimed that he thought she was a criminal and thus he was acting out of a legitimate fear of his life.

Luckily sanity has prevailed because his defense is bullshit and most sane and rational people know that in reality, people aren't living in this constant state of fear. As human beings we actually can't. Fear is an impulse response - it results when our situation changes. When the level of danger we live in is constant then we quickly adjust to that as the norm and continue with our lives. Obviously there are ways to keep a person in a constant state of fear, by continually changing the environment and introducing new stuff to be scared of, but being in this state for an extended period of time would surely result in insanity.

You're missing the point of the movement... It's that different races are treated differently in most circumstances such as (insert white shooter taken alive).

When there are police officers that are members of the KKK, how can you trust them to not be biased?

Quote Originally Posted by floridactyl View Post
    You're missing the point of the movement... It's that different races are treated differently in most circumstances such as (insert white shooter taken alive).

When there are police officers that are members of the KKK, how can you trust them to not be biased?
    Then why are more white people shot? Regardless every circumstance is different. It amazes me how people have rational thinking like only 15% of the population is black so thus only 15% of the people who are shot by police should be black. I hope officers check statistics first before they defend themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The point of the BLM movement is that just because someone is black, the cops shouldn't just assume they're thugs and treat them accordingly - something which does happen...a lot.
    Yeah and I'm sure your amazing insight into police investigations can explain it... oh wait.

The truth is, you really don't have enough information to make this statement. You just listen to the whiny media about unfair profiling. Have they ever actually interviewed police to ask them about these things? Give them a chance to tell their side? No.

Quote Originally Posted by floridactyl View Post

When the white shooters are taken alive, do they drop their weapon and lay on the ground? I haven't seen the videos but if they do that, they are no longer a threat. Of all the videos ive seen where people get shot, they are still a threat. Either a weapon in hand or they are charging an officer. I don't care what race you are, you are going to get shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperIvXx View Post
    Now by thugs...what do you mean? Was black people too hard for you to type? Your post would have been shorter if you just said "I'm a racist."
    And you clearly didnt read, Thug lives however be they black, white or something else...

No its easy for you bleeding hearts to jump from a word to calling someone racist but cmon atleast read it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Yeah black lives matter, so does the lives of the people from other races.

Those niggars lives don't really matter much. So bring the fucking Ban hammer but you will be surprised to know I am half-black for most mooks. The one-drop rule matter.

But seriously or rather sensibly. Those people are the very thing they are fighting and they are too dumb and insane to see it. just like the SJW and feminazis. "Uh well want attention so how about we say everyone is sexist and racist and those that say otherwise are the real bigots so let's take them to task." Really. BLM are attacking white people and they are racist to them. Feminists now are sexist towards men, and yet it's all about abusing the fuck out of the victim card in order to remain it in the public. At very best people would be giving a damn about this shit or about race or gender in the future and they would have Ironically helped it happen by being the real villain. Or it's gonna give sexist men and the KKK a chance to return and throw us back to the 1900's.

Infracted
    Last edited by -aiko-; 2015-12-10 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Yeah cause you SJWs make it about race. You want to pretend that people have an issue with blacks rather than thugs in general. That's wrong.
    Labeling me a "SJW" does not change the very basic fact that YOU tied race to the idea of "thugs". Unsurprisingly, you seem to be unaware, or in denial, of your own prejudices.

Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    When the white shooters are taken alive, do they drop their weapon and lay on the ground? I haven't seen the videos but if they do that, they are no longer a threat. Of all the videos ive seen where people get shot, they are still a threat. Either a weapon in hand or they are charging an officer. I don't care what race you are, you are going to get shot.
    True. If you don't surrender when the offer is on the table shots will be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

I live in South Africa. We have it even worse than you guys when it comes to violent crime. You may have heard of Oscar Pistorius, the famous (now infamous) paralympic athlete who murdered his girlfriend by shooting her 4 times with hollowpoint ammunition while she was in the bathroom behind a closed door. He claimed that he thought she was a criminal and thus he was acting out of a legitimate fear of his life.

Luckily sanity has prevailed because his defense is bullshit and most sane and rational people know that in reality, people aren't living in this constant state of fear. As human beings we actually can't. Fear is an impulse response - it results when our situation changes. When the level of danger we live in is constant then we quickly adjust to that as the norm and continue with our lives. Obviously there are ways to keep a person in a constant state of fear, by continually changing the environment and introducing new stuff to be scared of, but being in this state for an extended period of time would surely result in insanity.
    Gotta have to agree with the deal in south africa, despite me not know how it's like. America seems to stable for this crap and people love to hype up shit there.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not about race! It's not about race! Police are planting drugs on black people, but it's not about race.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Saying niggers is just as offensive whether you are white, or black, or a halfsy.
    True. But I reserve racial insult for when people cross the line. All of this mess started out of nothing and for me as long as you are not a racist and moderate it. I don't mind being called a nigger. But it's funny that people don't give a black or halfer say the N-word because of ignorance. I am actually a bit happy that you called me out on that because At least you don't let such such excuse stand in the way of such language. Dayum shame a lot of people still buy into this shit and it's feed the Neo(Faux) progressivists.

- - - Updated - - -

Racism doesn't give them the power to do that, corruption does. So it's actually about corruption, with the side-effect of racism.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Lies! They do it themselves.

https://youtu.be/Rtl4YgB2zbw

Their lives only matter if they are taken by a white person, the thousands of blacks killed by other blacks each year is irrelevant...pay no attention to those lives they don't matter

Saying niggers is just as offensive whether you are white, or black, or a halfsy.
    Somehow its cool when you are black, like me im white i call my fellow white people crackers
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Their lives only matter if they are taken by a white person, the thousands of blacks killed by other blacks each year is irrelevant...pay no attention to those lives they don't matter
    The idea that people of authority, who swear an oath to protect and serve their communities, are killing unarmed suspects, and engaging in coverups, is a little bit different than this shit for brains talking point that is somehow constantly mistaken for a counterpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    The idea that people of authority, who swear an oath to protect and serve their communities, are killing unarmed suspects, and engaging in coverups, is a little bit different than this shit for brains talking point that is somehow constantly mistaken for a counterpoint.
    Source? This seems like a rare occurrence to be honest so far black lives track record is what?

Guy who attacked a cop and went for his gun

The saint who beat the shit out of his girl friend then attacked the paramedic trying to help her then assaulted the officers...

Why do people think they can attack cops? Hell why do they think they can attack anyone? I am tired of violent criminal thugs being turned into martyrs so people can blame their problem on something or someone other then themselves.

The legacy of black live matters is the same as a child who broke a lamp and when caught tried to blame their sibling.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    I love how people keep saying "unarmed" suspects, when you don't need to be armed to be a threat. Just ask the cop who was attacked by an unarmed suspect who took her gun and killed her. Oh wait, you can't because shes dead. Sad thing is if she had shot him you would be condemning her right now

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I love how people keep saying "unarmed" suspects, when you don't need to be armed to be a threat. Just ask the cop who was attacked by an unarmed suspect who took her gun and killed her. Oh wait, you can't because shes dead. Sad thing is if she had shot him you would be condemning her right now
    Actually you're correct. Unarmed vs. Armed is irrelevant as evidenced by the murder and coverup of Laquan McDonald.

Is this the part where I draw conclusions about an irrelevant hypothetical or is that just your shtick?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Quoted for truth...

I am a concealed carry permit holder, and never travel away from home without my pistol on me (unless I’m going to a place where they are not permitted, like a courthouse or State Park). I never drink outside my home (again, illegal to do so with a weapon), but I do frequent happy hour after work with several coworkers.

This links back to a different discussion on a different page, but I can promise you that for me personally, it doesn’t make a lick of difference if someone is armed or not. If I’m at this bar, and someone has serious intention of doing physical harm to me and I cannot diffuse the situation, I will be drawing my weapon. If the attacker continues towards me aggressively, I will fire. This is within my legal right, and I will exercise my legal right to defend myself.

If I were not a CCW holder, or didn’t have it on me for some strange reason, I would gladly throw down with someone who wanted to brawl. The fact of the matter is that if I am ever in a fight with another person, there is going to be a weapon involved in that fight; mine. I would much prefer me having the weapon than the guy who just caught me across the face with a beer bottle and took it away from me.

I bring this up because it’s the exact same thing for a police officer. If there is a physical confrontation involving a police officer, there is always at least one weapon involved; the officer’s. Given the law protects me as a CCW holder from being beaten, it protects the officer as well.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced