Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how they gonna handle cm with the new transmog system?

Can someone in the beta check how they handled the challenge mode weapons and sets ?

No clue how it works. But it should work like any other item. Once you unlocked the item you can use it on your account. If you have done it, you have done it. Doesn't matter what char you did it on

Deleted
    If you can equip it, all your characters can transmog into it.

If you have the warlock cm armour, all your warlocks can wear it, despite not finishing it.

If your warrior got cm weapons, then every character on your account can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post

If you have the warlock cm armour, all your warlocks can wear it, despite not finishing it.

If your warrior got cm weapons, then every character on your account can get it.
    I'm assuming this isn't confirmed. Because they always could add more restrictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    AFAIK character copies are still disabled in the alpha so no one can actually check. You'll have to wait for character copies to unlock or for Blizzard to confirm it themselves.

Right now I can see the paladin/dk/warrior cm sets in my wardrobe...the cm weapons too. Right now it's possible on my warrior to transmog the paladin starting gear.
    Dunno if it'll be possible to transmog the paladin cm set as a warrior as well, but I think if you unlocked all cm weapons, you can transmog them on all your character

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    AFAIK character copies are still disabled in the alpha so no one can actually check. You'll have to wait for character copies to unlock or for Blizzard to confirm it themselves.
    This.

Anyone in this thread claiming to actually know how CM set transmog is going to work is lying to you.

Why? Because right now, in Alpha, character copies are not active. Therefore, all you can do is create a fresh DH or a fresh level 100 of some classes. And the character template used to create the fresh toons has NOT got CMs flagged as complete, so the character doesn't have any CM gear.

Until character copies are put in (likely some distance along after Alpha becomes Beta), nobody other than an official Blizzard responder can answer this question.

If they are saying pvp mounts are still per character that got them, i'm going to guess the same will go for CMs.

When they have been asked they said that CM gear was likely not going to be apart of the shared transmog gear. The only way we will know for sure is once it is much closer to being live or actually up and running.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    If they are saying pvp mounts are still per character that got them, i'm going to guess the same will go for CMs.
    Just mounts and titles. I don't think PVP gear or CM gear is going to be restricted the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Just mounts and titles. I don't think PVP gear or CM gear is going to be restricted the same way.
    But they serve they same purpose. "to show your prestige in skills with that class." or so blizzard said something similar.

I believe they have stated that Challenge Mode armour is account-wide, but still class-bound.

If they made CM gear account wide it would contradict everything they've said in the past about it being class-specific and would also be a big kick in the face to the people who farmed the gear on several characters, especially the WoD weapons. Whats the point of getting the weapons on multiple characters if they were just going to make it account wide. I highly doubt it will be account bound.
    Last edited by Synadrasa; 2015-12-11 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    But they serve they same purpose. "to show your prestige in skills with that class." or so blizzard said something similar.
    So if I got the MoP set on my shaman I should be able to wear it on my other shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Soob View Post
    Right now I can see the paladin/dk/warrior cm sets in my wardrobe...the cm weapons too. Right now it's possible on my warrior to transmog the paladin starting gear.
    Dunno if it'll be possible to transmog the paladin cm set as a warrior as well, but I think if you unlocked all cm weapons, you can transmog them on all your character
    Its called alpha for a reason, they haven't even implemented all the pieces of gear yet I doubt they had time to place restrictions on specific pieces of gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    WarcraftDevs @WarcraftDevsWarcraftDevs Retweeted Matt Nazario

Yep! Any characters of the same class will be able to wear the Challenge Mode sets if you've unlocked them.
    https://twitter.com/warcraftdevs/sta...29731626430464
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinsla View Post

This pleases me.

It might be per toon... will have to wait and see

I kinda hope WoD cm weapons are just all unlocked... I like the fist weapons but im not running that trainwreck twice.

Wonder if they'll just let cm weapons stay account wide as a "sorry we basically obsoleted them with these artifact weapons"
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Rest assured than any and all transmog questions can be easily answered with: "It will be handled in the most unintuitive and frustrating way possible, just to annoy players who were looking forward to the new system."