Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Oh, I could write novels on this.

Best advice: Just don't give a shit. Seriously, be above the people you're dealing with and just not care what happens in the moment. Your goal is to play the long game and be the only one that can see the big picture. Most people are reactionary, and if you can get past that, you can control the situation and ultimately the outcome.

Just as an example, my supervisor was a huge dick. He'd make work hell for everybody, dole out the worst jobs to those he hated, and generally not do a lick of work himself. He was the type of guy that treated the real world like high school and even had his own little clique of cool kids that would make fun of everyone else. It was like Mean Girls every time you went to work, so I figured that if I couldn't beat them, I'd join them. And then beat them. Long story short, I took a lot of shit from him for a few months and did everything necessary to make myself invaluable in both a work-related sense as well as informational. I knew just about everything that went on in that place, so I'd feed key bits of information about people he disliked to him that would piss him off. This guy had a short fuse and I knew I could get him to explode if I just kept at it. So for ten months I played the part of his buddy, all the while helping knock off parts of his clique by sowing general seeds of dissent (telling them someone newer was being paid more, that another worker was getting overtime while their hours were cut, or a group of us shouldn't show up on a certain day to prove how much they need us (t'was my day off), and a whole lot more that requires weeks or months of context) until almost all had either quit or been fired. I acted like I hated the job and was with him until the end, all the while knowing he was one final push away from blowing up, and then finally it happened. He said the stresses of the job over the past year had gotten too much to handle, and with only me being left as someone he could trust, he just couldn't take it anymore and quit. It wasn't as glorious of a sendoff as I'd hoped, but seeing him broken down to practically giving up after starting off as the domineering asshole put a smile on my face.

Everybody there still thinks all of this happened organically, but I'm directly responsible for at least three people leaving that job.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    What kind of job is that? Not really sure what is so important to be done in exact second unless it's air traffic control...

Also, you can just ask him simply "Why it is so important that i do not miss 3 minutes, not 4, not 2, not 5 but 3 minutes for the call?" Depending on the answer you can know whats the problem.
    to be fair, in air traffic control, doing your job vs making a phone call, there's no contest

15+ Year Old Account
    Ummm, I didn't understand almost anything the OP said. Something about calling in at a certain time?

Quite frankly, this guy is acting like a manager when, I'm assuming, you're both in the same position. Next time he bitches at you about some trivial thing say "hey, you're not the manager, if you don't like it take it up with him!" Assuming what you're doing is truly trivial he will either A. Realize he doesn't have the authority to bitch at you and stop or B. Talk to the manager about you. The manager will then probably be annoyed at him for wasting his time something so stupid, but even if the manager does get on your case, which is unlikely, at least then you can have a discussion with a real authority figure involved, and the matter can be settled once and for all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    He is OCD and not in a good way.
    OCD is a serious medical condition. This guy is mildly anal.

If he was OCD then he would have been unable to leave his house that morning because he would have to check the door was locked 380 times.

There is no "good way" of having OCD any more than there is a good way of having cancer.

So there is this employees at my job who I kinda hate. He is OCD and not in a good way. We have to call in on the hour at night. They say it's to ensure we are safe but it's really cause people sleep on the job a lot.

So 12 gets here. He's on. I was making copies and swapping over the paperwork for the next 24 hour cycle. I call at 12:10. He gets on me about calling at 12 exactly. I explain I was doing shit cause this paperwork goes to payroll and they calculate weights and hours for the trucks and drivers. He still feels calling at 12 exact is uber inportant.

1 am. I call. Every other site calls in so the line is busy. I give it a few minutes for them all to go through before I call. 1:05 and he calls. Asks why I didn't call in. I tell him why and he says each call only takes a minute so I shoulda called back sooner.

So we have like 6 sites and each ales a minute and he wonders why the fuck I didn't call back less than 5 minutes later? I fucking hate this guy. I have half a mind to take my boss up on that supervisor slot, become his boss and just treat him like shit till he swings at me.

How the duck do you guys deal with people like this? I feel like slapping this guy ash time I hear his voice.

And is it just me? I don't think so but mayb I am the asshole here.
    Sound like this guy is just an asshole, I would file a complaint with HIS supervisor. No reasonable human being would be pissed because you're 5 to 10 min late checking in

Could you call in one minute before the hour, every hour? Beat the rush and annoy him with deniability. "Oh. My watch says 12:00, on the dot."

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    OCD is a serious medical condition. This guy is mildly anal.

If he was OCD then he would have been unable to leave his house that morning because he would have to check the door was locked 380 times.

There is no "good way" of having OCD any more than there is a good way of having cancer.
    OCD is a sliding scale. While mildly anal isn't always mild OCD, it often is.

A long time ago I realized that it isn't worth getting upset over what retarded people do. I would literally ignore him or tell him to settle down and walk on. Doing that will accomplish 1 of two things. 1. He will get pissed off and react violently to you and get his ass fired, or 2. he will take the hint and actually learn to shut the fuck up. Most people take option 1, because most people can't handle not getting their own way.

Make it known to him. You do not like him, and you aren't going to do what he wants you to do. He can either accept it or fuck off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    OCD is a sliding scale. While mildly anal isn't always mild OCD, it often is.
    Yes it is, but this man does not have OCD.

OCD is a mental condition where the patient is troubled by anxietyridden thoughts and find release from said anxiety by doing certain tasks, tasks that are often repeated several times and its not uncommon for them to have no rational connection to the disturbing thoughts causing said anxiety in the first place.

OCD is a condition that few people outside of those who suffer from it or work with people who suffer of it know the true details about.

So a co-worker not calling in at the exact time isnt something that triggers OCD, because OCD is an internal struggle within the person who suffers from it.

There are of course other variants of compulsive behaviour and there are other diagnoses that could explain said co-workers behaviour, but not OCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk to him, if he continues about just keep it up. Check what you actually need to do and don't give any more fucks. Any other co-worker work well with them so if he ever raises a complaint it's just one guy.

Not worth it against these types to use physical violence unless they opt themselves into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend that worked here did that. She parked in his "spot" daily cause it pissed him off. He told me one day I confidence. I told her and she was like " good! That's why I do it!"

Was kinda awesome
    Douchebag woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there is this employees at my job who I kinda hate. He is OCD and not in a good way. We have to call in on the hour at night. They say it's to ensure we are safe but it's really cause people sleep on the job a lot.

So 12 gets here. He's on. I was making copies and swapping over the paperwork for the next 24 hour cycle. I call at 12:10. He gets on me about calling at 12 exactly. I explain I was doing shit cause this paperwork goes to payroll and they calculate weights and hours for the trucks and drivers. He still feels calling at 12 exact is uber inportant.

1 am. I call. Every other site calls in so the line is busy. I give it a few minutes for them all to go through before I call. 1:05 and he calls. Asks why I didn't call in. I tell him why and he says each call only takes a minute so I shoulda called back sooner.

So we have like 6 sites and each ales a minute and he wonders why the fuck I didn't call back less than 5 minutes later? I fucking hate this guy. I have half a mind to take my boss up on that supervisor slot, become his boss and just treat him like shit till he swings at me.

How the duck do you guys deal with people like this? I feel like slapping this guy ash time I hear his voice.

And is it just me? I don't think so but mayb I am the asshole here.
    Best way to deal with him, ignore him. Tell him if he doesn't like it, either bring it up the ladder or can it.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

I use to work for a guy who actually had OCD, it's some crazy shit, most people who claim OCD do not have OCD it's just a term to describe a strong preference. Real OCD will ruin your life.