10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Frost DKs Artifact Weapon lacks concept. Here are some Ideas: (Minor Spoilers)

Hey guy and girl players of Wow,

As someone who follows the development of several classes in Legion I took particular interest in the DK, especially Frost.
    Note that I am no Alphaplayer or VIP with any Alpha Infomation, I am just a guy reading datamined stuff or listening to Streamers opinions.

So I've read the Frost Artifact Tree and I've watched the Artifact obtaining questline, but for me I think both doesn't go well together. It is especially the Weapontree that bugs me, which seems to have no clear foundation or concept.
    I'll give you some examples/Ideas:

So what I've learned so far, the player will be Bolvars right hand. Maybe he is preparing us to become the next Lich King. We even use parts of the Lichkings Weapon.

The first thing that struk me was Sindragosas Fury. On streams it seemed like we get a Burst CD with a 5 min Cooldown. Not really interesting compared to other weapons startperks like Firemage for example. A burst damage you rarely are able to use doesn't sound that compelling to me. I'd say it should be moved to an end of the tree and changing the skill to:

Sindragosas Fury - Sindragosa swoops in to aid you in combat. She will continuesly breath icy death at your targets and all targets in that area for 10 seconds. Each successful frost strike dealt will encourage her to stay longer at your side up to a total of 20 seconds.

So what this does is Sindi hovers over your head breeathing a stream of ice at your enemy hitting others near your target as well. Each froststrike will increase the duration of the skill, similar to BoS. This will change it from being a boring DPS CD to a interesting one, but without the punishing skillcap of the original BoS.

I also noticed the Weapons passive procc to summon a Lich King to you buffing you with something random.So why agin is Bolvar being summoned? It doesn't make that much sense to me. So why aren't Souls summoned that are still trapped within the Shards of Frostmourne?
    Instead I'd put it in the place of Crystaline Swords, another perk with next to no flavor.

I'd redesign the Perk to something like this:

Forgotten Souls - Your Melee attacks have a chance of realeasing the spirits of Marwyn or Falric from your Blades. Those spirits will then fight alongside you for X seconds each performing melee special attacks and casting a debuff. While one spirit is active the other one can't be summoned, but will be cueued to be summoned as soon as the active spirit vanishes.
    Marwyn will cast: [Shared Suffering] Deals X Shadow damage over 12 sec to an enemy target. When removed, it splits the remaining damage to the target and his allies.
    Falric will cast: [Hopelessness] Reduces the damage and healing dealt by all nearby enemies by X%

So what this does is being a procc of summoning a spirit for a short duration which then will melee your target and aplying a buff. Those debuffs should be of low value and only add some flavor. The main damage will come from their melee attacks For all who don't know, Marwyn and Falric once were Arthas's former captains who were trapped in Frostmourne and can be encountered in the Halls of reflection. The debuffs mentioned above are those of the NPCs in that instance. This will add much more flavor than random flying blades that fight for you, in my opinion, since those two are Lore characters that supported a former Lich King and are both tied to the shards of Frostmourne.

Another Artifact perk I dislike is Chill of the grave, which increases the range of frost strike. This is ment as some sort of gap closer when we need to move from the boss, but a very cheaply done one. I'd replace it with:

Winds of Northrend - Hitting a target with Howling blast will cause the bitter cold winds of Northrend to give you a lift by increasing your movementspeed by X% for 3 seconds.

What this does is it acts like a gap closer by adding a movementbuff. Howling blast is our only ranged tool so far so by casting it on a boss it grads you a buff to get out or back into mob range. It will make the perk more interesting and solving the still standing movement issues DK currently have. In my opinion this is both more fitting and practical to a frost DK.

Another quite boring talent is Hypothermia. It simply adds a small damage increase to your desease. Not very interesting, as it merely sounds like a Glyph if you ask me. I'd change it to:

Hypothermia - Your Frost fever ticks now slows the targets movementspeed by 15%. Each tick has a X% (maybe 2% ish) chance of granting a Rime procc and increasing your melee attack speed by 5% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 2 times.

The Talent Glacial advance doesn't suit my flavor. I would change it from a line of spikes (that may or may not alter the balance of the game based on positioning) to a patch of spikes that deal instant damage to all enemies in a certain area. Similar to Path of Exiles Ice Crash
    (

Ice Crash - erupts deadly Ice spikes near you impaling all enemies in that area. You main target will receive additional damage

It is basically a melee skill that erupts a burst of ice spikes in front of you instantly dealing ice damage. The increased damage potion should make it viable for single target as well. It would work similar to WOD Firemage Blast Wave. This would fit in with Remorseless Winter which is a AOE around you. In my opinion this would be more epic and centers around you as the player. It also could replace Breath of Sindragosa as a talent since Sindragosas Fury works in a similar way, making that talent obsolete.

All values used are just placeholders to give you an idea on how they perform and can be modified by Blizzard to fit their balancing.

So what do you think? Does my visions fit the Frost DKs fantasy more or less that the current implemention? If you like it feel free to post it in the Alpha Feedback Forums
    Last edited by Uriel; 2015-12-12 at 11:49 PM.

all of these sound pretty bland. frost dk is a burst spec and some of these are flavorless and dont add to the fantasy