Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    I thought you were a lefty, I could care less about Assad. I like you Russian weirdos, we should become friend countries.
    You might care less about Assad, but the White House apparently cares a lot. To the point of obsession. Like with Hussein and Gaddafi.

One could only hope Russia and USA could get along; that would likely ensure peace on Earth. But friendship and "world leadership" ambitions don't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You might care less about Assad, but the White House apparently cares a lot. To the point of obsession. Like with Hussein and Gaddafi.

One could only hope Russia and USA could get along; that would likely ensure peace on Earth. But friendship and "world leadership" ambitions don't mix.
    The American administration's boner for antagonizing Putin drives me nuts. Sorry about that :-|

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it a bit humorous that people are trying to politically pressure a second term president. I mean, what exactly do people think that riling others up against Obama will do at this point? Get them to not buy a book he writes after? It's pointless posturing, and really just makes people look whiny.

Presidents with less than a year left in office have always taken a step away from huge events unless forced to do so by necessity. Mostly because it really sucks to be halfway through something and then be pulled away, possibly for someone who will undo everything you did and go in the opposite direction to step into office. ISIS really isn't a substantial enough threat to warrant the full attention of the US, and there are more than enough domestic issues to work on in the meantime.

Obama will not take us to war. The next president might.

Obama knows that any rash decisions could hurt his next candidate and saddle the Dem leader with the lable of being the one who started this.

He won't do that. Politics > America to these guys. That goes for both sides.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    The American administration's boner for antagonizing Putin drives me nuts. Sorry about that :-|

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I find it a bit humorous that people are trying to politically pressure a second term president. I mean, what exactly do people think that riling others up against Obama will do at this point? Get them to not buy a book he writes after? It's pointless posturing, and really just makes people look whiny.

Presidents with less than a year left in office have always taken a step away from huge events unless forced to do so by necessity. Mostly because it really sucks to be halfway through something and then be pulled away, possibly for someone who will undo everything you did and go in the opposite direction to step into office. ISIS really isn't a substantial enough threat to warrant the full attention of the US, and there are more than enough domestic issues to work on in the meantime.

It has more to do with the sense in this country that we're ready for a different direction and there is a semse that already checked out. He's been in legacy-mode for years.

As for "domestic issues"... there have been and always will be "domestic issues". Soviets used to say the same garbage. Since when did government become a single issue thing? We can multitask.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    We have far more pressing domestic issues, given that barely any ISIS makes it over here, and we have fascism creeping up in popularity with all the Trump fans.
    Trumps probably and extreme form of democratic populism. I don't think he's proposed overthrowing the democratically elected government. Yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    His top priority is taking away all our guns and taking away our property rights after that.
    We are about a year and a few weeks away from the next president's inauguration . . . and Obama still hasn't so much as taken one gun away.

I swear, when the next guy is sworn in, you'll still be making this claim about Obama. "His priority is to make a time machine and go back to his presidency and TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY!"

"And then to swoop into 1961 to forge his birth certificate and his birth announcements in Honolulu"
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2015-12-16 at 04:34 PM.
    Putin khuliyo