Thread: Season 5

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I too feel all other people should be forced to work through the christmas holiday, except for me of course, I want to be on vacation playing video games!
    Thats why multi billion dollar companies do this little thing in business called "Planning" you may have heard of it. Its when they look to the calendar in advance and make business decisions on when release dates will be able to be realisticly met, And what time/locations will be best to release said product to yield maximum profit and hype. A good example of this is Disney releasing Star wars before christmas, why? People and families have more time off and people buy presents for their loved ones over the christmas period. Will this increase their merchantising sales? Most likely! Good release timing Star wars!

Want a bad experience of when to release your product? Aww hell I think even you Mr Internet Edgy guy can guess who I'm gona say

Uses sarcasm while failing to recognize sarcaam . Brilliant. I was also hoping to be able to get a head start on the season when I had extra days off around the holidays, but as a previous poster said, I didn't really want the servers overtaxed during that time either, so I'm good with the mid month start.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Well, there goes our hope of Seasons coming to console...
    Officially dead
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comm...easons/cya9ljw

Quote Originally Posted by Calexcia View Post
    Uses sarcasm while failing to recognize sarcaam . Brilliant. I was also hoping to be able to get a head start on the season when I had extra days off around the holidays, but as a previous poster said, I didn't really want the servers overtaxed during that time either, so I'm good with the mid month start.
    Exactly, that's why I used sarcasm? My post is a direct retort to him giving another poster shit for wanting the seasons earlier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Available in non-season.

Only one stash tab for Conqueror
    which is btw:
    Kill Diablo & Greed on T10
    Reach GR50 Solo
    Finish T9 rift in 4 minutes
    Level 3 gems to level 50
    Complete 2 Conquests

This is PURE concentrated bullshit. We are forced again to play meta chars and cookie cutter builds to do conquests, GG blizz. Why not balance things even more? Was that stash tab really needed to be in Conqueror? Why bonus BS is only 10 per GR level? Why not 20-50?

Conquests are as easy as previsous season and not hard at all. GR50 solo is baseline given the power the sets have now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    This is PURE concentrated bullshit. We are forced again to play meta chars and cookie cutter builds to do conquests, GG blizz. Why not balance things even more? Was that stash tab really needed to be in Conqueror? Why bonus BS is only 10 per GR level? Why not 20-50?
    You could reach GR50 with most of the sets and even more builds in S4 already. And S5 introduces even bigger power creep and equalizes some of the sets that were lagging behind in S4 (and introduces some new ones), either by buffing the sets, introducing off-pieces (especially the defensive ones that work with sets that had no innate defense, like Marauder) or by doing both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Well..now I'm conflicted. Console D3 is vastly superior to PC, in terms of comfort and ease of use...I wanted to permanently switch to it. However, seasons is the most rewarding and engaging play style for me. Now I feel I should just trade in my copy of D3 on console and go back to PC, only for seasons.

Uggh. Not happy with this.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Well..now I'm conflicted. Console D3 is vastly superior to PC, in terms of comfort and ease of use...I wanted to permanently switch to it. However, seasons is the most rewarding and engaging play style for me. Now I feel I should just trade in my copy of D3 on console and go back to PC, only for seasons.

Uggh. Not happy with this.
    Yes, console D3 is fun since you can play offline and is a really good couch game imho. The real issue is that teh offline mode made a lot of room for speedhackers/cheaters/trainers hence it's not a safe environment for Seasons. Basic reasons:
    - being plagued by cheaters ladders will have near to zero meaning (which is what happens also on PC due to bots);
    - offline seasons have no reason to actually exist since you're playing by yourself.

They could keep it updated, adding the new items and also the cosmetic reward (add new achievements instead of the season journey which do basically the same) and you're done - you're not missing up content.

Deleted
    I think that they would need a perma online function for console seasons. You could still play offline, but you need to be online for seasons.

I think this is a too big step for now. But just for clarification: what is the difference on consoles? You still have mostly the same gameplay, you have the same items, the same grifts, bounties and so on. Everyone who doesnt target seasons could easily have the same fun on consoles. I just think that the casual gamer has no problem with console d3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    - being plagued by cheaters ladders will have near to zero meaning (which is what happens also on PC due to bots);
    - offline seasons have no reason to actually exist since you're playing by yourself.
    Leaderboards aren't needed for seasonal play since the core function of seasons is to reset to square one and progress during a defined period of time.

They could keep it updated, adding the new items and also the cosmetic reward (add new achievements instead of the season journey which do basically the same) and you're done - you're not missing up content.
    This isn't equivalent though. I would be fine with total online for a seasonal character and fine with no leaderboards, but what you suggest wouldn't fulfill the core gameplay of resetting to vanilla progress, then going after seasonal achievements. Adding new achievements to normal mode doesn't allow you that experience.

It's all well and good, I never expected them to really ever come, but I'd love to save my wrists some years of carpal tunnel damage from getting it.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    i managed to complete s4 journey with no issues, granted i ran with monk and it was really easy
    You did the T10 rift <3min solo and it was really easy?

Leaderboards aren't needed for seasonal play
    Leaderboards, or "ladders", are the original reason for seasons even existing. In D2 we made "ladder characters". I think quite a few people would be confused why seasons even exist if the ladder is removed.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2015-12-30 at 07:39 PM.

Leaderboards aren't needed for seasonal play since the core function of seasons is to reset to square one and progress during a defined period of time.
    Well, if that's what you want, i don't see any issue whatsoever. Don't know the actual reasons why Seasons are not implemented on console then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You did the T10 rift <3min solo and it was really easy?
    Well, easier than expected. Big "IF": if you strictly play solo, you're going to have an hard time for sure; but running in two basically cancels this issue. It took for me and a friend 1 hour more or less to fish for the right map (with a couple of really near attempts) and do that, then i helped another friend to do his one a couple of weeks after.

I see it easy because all it requires is to have a decent gear/build and enough patience to find the right one. XChanges completely if you play solo, but while i mostly play solo, i have a lot of fun when friends are on and we run together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if that's what you want, i don't see any issue whatsoever. Don't know the actual reasons why Seasons are not implemented on console then.
    I had a long response that MMO-C decided to eat, suffice to say I don't understand their reasoning either.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Well, easier than expected. Big "IF": if you strictly play solo, you're going to have an hard time for sure; but running in two basically cancels this issue. It took for me and a friend 1 hour more or less to fish for the right map (with a couple of really near attempts) and do that, then i helped another friend to do his one a couple of weeks after.

I see it easy because all it requires is to have a decent gear/build and enough patience to find the right one. XChanges completely if you play solo, but while i mostly play solo, i have a lot of fun when friends are on and we run together.
    Myeah... I did the journey up until that point, and then, like I dunno, a few months ago maybe, quit the season because my neither my WD nor my spasmic hammerdin had absolutely any chance of even getting close. I was around 600 paragon, but I'm not sure couple hundred levels more would've changed much. Gear wasn't really an issue. I think I got to like 5 minutes with a great rift. Asinine requirement for the last bit, compared to all the others, aside for perhaps the completely pointless "level a 70 HC character" one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Myeah... I did the journey up until that point, and then, like I dunno, a few months ago maybe, quit the season because my neither my WD nor my spasmic hammerdin had absolutely any chance of even getting close. I was around 600 paragon, but I'm not sure couple hundred levels more would've changed much. Gear wasn't really an issue. I think I got to like 5 minutes with a great rift. Asinine requirement for the last bit, compared to all the others, aside for perhaps the completely pointless "level a 70 HC character" one.
    Yeah, the 70HC is basically a time sink as it's the only thing it takes is time and i leveled it through bounties alone. Then deleted it straight away.

As for the 3min rift, you just need a desolate sands/cemetary map, they're the best ones (while i've done mine in an oasis map). Paragon has literally nothing to do with it, you can check in my sig the monk (unfortunately now season is finished and paragon is all merged) but i ended s4 at 616 paragon levels.

Until someone wants to be #1 on ladders (which imho has nothing to do with competition due to the system) paragons are not somethign you want to farm. The right gear will push you forward way more than a couple of hundreds main stats.

EDIT: yeah i'm stll under 700 paragon total XD i also expect paragons to not skyrocket as they did in s4 due to the big XP gear nerfs.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2016-01-02 at 10:53 AM.

Deleted
    think i finally found out what i'm going to play in Season 5

First i wanted to play crusader because i loved playing one last season but they were so weak, now they are stronger but i still can't play hammerdin without gimping myself.

I've also always wanted to play WD, but they have been so far behind everyone else that i just didn't bother, finally thought i could pick up a Pet Doctor and do good with it but no.. sadly a full Pet Doctor isn't the viable option.

So i'm just gonna settle with a DH, i played DH in season 1 and 2 and i DO enjoy playing them, they also seem to have a few builds going for them that isn't too far apart being 1-3 GR.
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2016-01-02 at 01:58 PM.

Just a quick question since this was first season ive ever played,
    All new features coming with patch is avail for nonseason as well right? except stash*
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Just a quick question since this was first season ive ever played,
    All new features coming with patch is avail for nonseason as well right? except stash*

Yes, this season won't have specific items or features; the additional stash space must be conquered via the season journey though. So if you decide t play non-season you won't miss anything apart the stash and the cosmetic rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    Damage and Toughness is getting a HUGE boost with 2.4. Conqueror will be extremely easy, just time consuming.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the 70HC is basically a time sink as it's the only thing it takes is time and i leveled it through bounties alone. Then deleted it straight away.

As for the 3min rift, you just need a desolate sands/cemetary map, they're the best ones (while i've done mine in an oasis map). Paragon has literally nothing to do with it, you can check in my sig the monk (unfortunately now season is finished and paragon is all merged) but i ended s4 at 616 paragon levels.

Until someone wants to be #1 on ladders (which imho has nothing to do with competition due to the system) paragons are not somethign you want to farm. The right gear will push you forward way more than a couple of hundreds main stats.

EDIT: yeah i'm stll under 700 paragon total XD i also expect paragons to not skyrocket as they did in s4 due to the big XP gear nerfs.
    People again and again overstate the benefits XP gear gives you. Sure, at the middle tier (GR 40-~60), XP boost is quite worth it - 2 xpzdps would essentially increases the xp acquisition rate of your party by 30-40% (Which is a fairly significant amount), but once you start hitting GR 65+, the amount of extra paragon lvls given by xp builds starts falling behind drastically, to the point that utilizing XP gear rather than survivability/damage gear gimps you significantly, and at this point, pushing as high as you can for XP becomes the best thing to do.

In 2.4, Blizzard has done a number of things - First, the baseline XP from most creatures has been outright doubled, which means that your XP acquistion rate has been doubled. Second, the amount of damage almost all builds do has been increased anywhere from twice as much to 6x as much (Depending on where the build was before). Thirdly, HP amount has been decreased everywhere except 4 player mp. And finally, you can now turn legendary gems directly into Primary stats, which, when applied to every piece, will be equivalent to ~600 paragon lvls in and of itself, and can be done significantly sooner than reaching 1400 paragon lvl. So, overall, the speed of the paragon grind will be increased DRASTICALLY - You can push higher GRs signifcantly easier, you get more XP for everything, ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.