Deleted

AMD Radeon HD 6900 overheating playing wow

So, i have this problem with my GPU where as, when i play wow the temp goes up to 107 degres C and that is not good, i would think my
    card is fried, if not for the fact that i can play Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3 without any problems, during those games temp is around 72 degres.

Anyone got tips on how to fix this, or what might be the problem coz this is kinda frustrating, as much as i love both Fallout 4 and Just Cause 3
    i still want to be able to play WoW as well x)

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the fan working? Is the heatsink full of dust? Have you tried removing the heatsink and applying new thermal compound?

7+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure your gfx is at 107c? What's your cpu temp at? What are you using to determine the temp? What are your fan speeds? Are they all working at max?

What exact gfx card do you have? I have a 6990 in my PC that I build ~4 years ago, so I assume yours is nearly the same age. I recently had overheating problems due to one of my fans on the cpu rad failing, which is probably the cheapest replacement that can be made when your pc is overheating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?