Deleted

Feral soul capacitor question

SO i have read alot about delaying the soul capacitor. How long can you delay it? I mean if i swap trinket before the pull, how long can i delay it. And when do I have to delay it. Lets assume ring is activated after 1 sec into combat. the dream would be to let the trinket proc 5 secs after the fight, how do i achieve that? That it will procc exactly at 5 secs into the fight. when do i have to swap the trinkets related to the pull timer? Is there something like a rule, that 1 sec before the pull it will delay 5 sec, or if i swap it 5 sec before the pull it will be delayed by 3 secs? I have done some testing and swapping the trinket close before the pull delays it by like 6 or 8 secs, what is way too long.
    Last edited by mmoc8c5e60ca0e; 2015-12-21 at 02:10 PM.

Answer here : fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5594

Basically it's achieved by swapping trinkets before pull. By swapping away from SC, then swapping back before pull, you can trigger the internal CD so that it doesn't proc on our first damages. Aggixx/Pawkets wrote a guide that contains the weakaura strings to make it happen easier. (I'm not allowed to post links since I don't use the account very often, but just search "Feral Soul Capacitor Delay" into Google and click the fluiddruid.com link)

If you need more information, post a reply to Pawkets 6.2 Feral Guide in the forums. He usually sees those more often and can give you a little better insight than me.

*All credit to this info goes to Aggixx/Pawkets*

Trinkets can proc starting 30 seconds after it's equipped. Please correct any mistakes here, but I'm pretty sure you want soul cap to end before ring does?

Ring increases damage done by 47.3% and deals 47.3% at the end. Soul cap absorbs all damage and deals 138.87% at the end. Let's look at 100k damage under the following circumstances:

Ring active, soul cap active. Soul cap expires before ring.
    Ring active increases damage to 147,300, which is absorbed by soul cap. Soul cap expires, dealing 147,300*1.3887*1.473 = 301,310 damage. You have dealt a total of 301,310 with the ring active, so when it expires you get an additional 142,520 damage, for a total of 443,830.

Ring active, soul cap active. Ring expires before soul cap.
    Ring active increases damage to 147,300, which is absorbed by soul cap. Ring ends, you dealt 0 damage, so when it expires you gain an additional 0 damage. Soul cap expires, dealing 147,300*1.3887 = 204,556 damage, for a total of 204,556.
    Last edited by Casagrande; 2015-12-21 at 06:54 PM.

I think it's 43.7% for the ring, not 47.3%. At least i'm fairly sure the tooltip on the ring doesn't go above 43.

Also procing Cap into Ring into another Cap... can get kinda crazy which throws another level of math in there.

I've heard that blizzard supposedly fixed cap -> ring -> cap, in that the ring explosion -> second cap doesn't multiply the damage done a second time. Can someone verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by Casagrande View Post
    Trinkets can proc starting 30 seconds after it's equipped
    I'm no theory crafter but I'm pretty sure the icd on soul cap is 11 seconds, its trinkets like Blademaster that have a 30 second cd period when you equip them.

The 30s lockdown on swapping is seperate from the 11s ICD on Soul Cap. The ICD is just so it doesn't overwrite itself and cause weird issues that way.