Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    Could we see more car control from this in America? Car buying background checks? Stricter requirements to get a driver's license?
    we need to keep cars out of the hands of criminals, even if that means that non criminal civilians are punished in the process.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was there a no car zone?

We need more no-car-zones to prevent this from happening again.

Also we need to penalize everybody who drives safety and obeys signs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I know we all jest about "car control" now but please be cautious it may lead to self driving cars being the only thing allowed on streets.
    How exactly is that a bad thing?
    Speciation Is Gradual

there probably werent any no car zone signs up.

i bet if there was a no car zone sign up the person probably would have thought twice about crashing into those people because the sign said he wasnt allowed to have cars there.

Deleted
    As we clearly see how cars even with the ammount of strict controls in place are a danger to the public we should extend at least the car standard
    to other lethal weapons.

But seriously thats sad it was probably an suicide attempt I can't see any other reason for doing this.....

there needs to be a 10 day waiting period on background checks for cars, if we put that in place then criminals definitely wouldnt be able to get cars and violent car crime would drastically go down instantly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I don't trust self-driving cars. They are not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    At first I wouldn't trust it. Idk, I just don't like having a machine in charge of the vehicle going 70 miles an hour. I know machines are smart and all that but humans have intuition and judgement.

Also just because its fun. I like driving my truck. I like cruising through back roads or going down the dirt "road" to get to my camping spot.

Also, this may sound selfish but lets talk about specifics. If im driving down the road going 45 mph and something happens up ahead and I cant slow down in time to avoid crashing into the back of it and more than likely killing myself, I want to swerve off the side of the road. What if there is a person on the side of the road. Its selfish but if I thought I was going to die, id want to go off the side of the road and possibly kill the person walking, just to save my own life. Will the computer AI do this or will it sacrifice myself? And I know you can counter that the vehicle could sense the thing up ahead and slow me down in time, but imagine its something that happens really fast and it doesn't see it in time to slow myself down.

Good thing she didn't have access to a gun (or decided not to use one) or the toll would have been much worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    All these "We need car control", "Its the tool not the person". Gimmie a break. I could kill someone with a bendy straw if I tried hard enough. Fact is GUNS ARE MADE TO KILL, cars are not. Give crazy the easiest tool to kill and the body count rises.

well that didnt take long, only 2 pages before it got ruined.

Called it.

But then again, this was kind of a gimme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakmanisgod View Post
    All these "We need car control", "Its the tool not the person". Gimmie a break. I could kill someone with a bendy straw if I tried hard enough. Fact is GUNS ARE MADE TO KILL, cars are not. Give crazy the easiest tool to kill and the body count rises.
    And whose fault is that?

Oh yeah, the person shooting. The one who pulls the trigger. That is who at fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Was there a no car zone?

We need more no-car-zones to prevent this from happening again.

Also we need to penalize everybody who drives safety and obeys signs.

Like my insurance rates going up cause people are tool bags?

inanimate objects are to blame! not the person using the inanimate object!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    thats strange, i own a lot of guns and ive used them for lots of stuff except death and destruction. Maybe i can get a refund on my guns, i think they might be broken, they havent gotten up on their own and randomly shot up a bunch of people yet. Also not a conservative or a liberal so try again. Typical person who associates themselves with the left or right that cant think beyond their own little shell.
    Oh this strawman again.

No liberal believes that guns cause people to kill. No one's stupid enough to think that guns have any sentience and go on killing sprees on their own.

Liberals do understand however that guns are effective force multiplier, making it far more easy for a person to kill a lot of people than with any other tool.
    Putin khuliyo

its also a lot easier to defend against crazy criminals with guns when using...you guessed it...a gun.

but nah lets make it harder for normal people to get guns so when the criminals come in with their illegal guns that they got easily from other criminals, we should have to fight with sticks and rocks.

I own a gun and its not used to kill people. 99% of guns are bought for shooting targets or hunting. Yes you could say hunting is still killing but you are making it sound like guns are only made to kill people. There are more car deaths than gun deaths. Killing a large group of people is probably easier with a truck than it is with a gun.

I'm sure if a gun were used, the title of this thread would have read in reverse. One injured, 37 dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    We need better car control laws!!!!
    We have tests, instructors, points, licenses, strict use laws, renewals, and medical variables with it. If only other things had something similar..