Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Christhammer View Post
    No. If you really think 1000 versatility for 20 sec (on-use trinket) is the difference between winning and losing then you must be terrible at PvP.
    An extra DPS trinket is not that much of a boost. Actually, the CC-breaking trinkets are better in most cases. Many humans use them because of the amount of vers/crit etc they have. I use it on my Human Fire Mage. The amount of crit i get from it is too good to give up.
    when its burst or burst yes it is a big deal. pst its 1k+ vers + stats difference

Deleted
    Correlation does not prove causation. They may have gone Human to be more optimal. Them being Human does not prove the trinket is the only difference and it most probably isn't the only difference, their skill is most probably the biggest difference.

Deleted
    Alliance is only superior in rated play.

I usually have a better time as Horde doing randoms (Ashran, BG's, etc), thank god for mercenary mode.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Human "opness" or "imbalance" that is often spoken about only actually affects around 1% of PvPers, generally those at the VERY top.

Anyone below Glad that complains about Racials are infact just fucking bads that need something to try and blame for being bad.

It depends when you play, at least EU if you play during prime time its pretty much Alliance all the way ... outside of prime time Horde do really well ...

Deleted
    For some weird reason (eu) i as allliance player, experience that alliance wins most bgs at specific times - which is from noon and some hours forward, and then again from around 20ish again. That has at least been true for the Last 2-3 months, with only only a few exceptions.
    Before noon hordes wins like 60% or more.
    About ashran it comes down to the fact, that the team who has a leader wins. (if people are responding quick enough..)

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Correlation does not prove causation. They may have gone Human to be more optimal. Them being Human does not prove the trinket is the only difference and it most probably isn't the only difference, their skill is most probably the biggest difference.
    It doesn't matter what rating you're playing at, if you come up an equally geared and skilled team the advantage will go to those with the humans because they can put out the highest burst damage/healing via having an on-use trinket that increases versatility by over 1500 (around 12%) for the S3 trinket. People who are talking about skill are completely missing the point... When you ask a racing driver to win a race you don't tell him "That 50hp doesnt matter here mate, just have more skill"..

If you find yourself against people with equal skill then the trinket is an advantage.. The same is true in PVE, if you have an advantage on the table you're gonna take it and so that is why so many bloody people rerolled Blood-Elf for PVE in WOD, whether or not it helps them overcome skill is irrelevant, if it's an advantage it's an advantage and you will take it.

On-use trinket is a big advantage when it comes to burst... Those moments where you're so close to a kill and the other team just pulls through, in those moments it can make the difference between a kill. Either way, you're speaking as if it's a secret as to why everyone went alliance, people have been speaking about it for an eternity and you're acting as if it's not black and white.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-12-23 at 04:05 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the 3v3 ladder on the WoW site. The highest ranked Horde player is #195.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    But I've yet to experience it, having lost most of my games and every single Ashran but one, for two days.

It's all rubbish, isn't it?
    That has to do with matchmaking. You join an Ashran when someone leaves, and why does someone typically leave? Because they're losing. It's a cycle.

Teams that are winning, very few people will leave. Once they start losing, people start leaving and spaces become available because the people on the winning side aren't leaving.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Most people that care about arena / PvP are either in arenas or RBGs rather than random battlegrounds and ashran, the only thing you'll really see in ashran is alts trying to gear up. The only thing that matters in BGs is that you have 1-2 healers with a clue, and 1-2 DPS with a clue, the rest will fight in mid or ignore objectives and smash their faces on the keyboard while getting carried, same on both sides.

10+ Year Old Account
    Days like today make me think not. Today has been the worst experience I've ever had in Ashran. Some 8 hours, 15-20 groups without a single vol kill or event. Every group I've joined has been getting facerolled. I tried staying in some and it just never improved. I got facerolled in a group with AA and x190% damage. I've been in 4 or 5 that were being GY farmed. I landed in groups that just didn't move--they sat afk in a spot and never pushed road and ignored events. To add to it, in every single group I've joined today the next event was AoA or BR. It's been hell.

Bit of a rant, but it's times like these that make me think the racial imbalance is a load of crap. Human racial is the strongest racial in the game by a small amount. It really only matters at the high end. Alliance is dominating ladders because high end players went alliance, which caused a shift. The same thing happened in the US from Cata to MoP, where all the high end players went horde while EU remained Alliance.

I wonder how many people realize how long EMFH has been in the game, if EMFH has been "so op" for the amount of time it's been in the game (almost 8 years), then why haven't Alliance been this dominate during that duration of time...oh wait

Quote Originally Posted by Hexme View Post
    I wonder how many people realize how long EMFH has been in the game, if EMFH has been "so op" for the amount of time it's been in the game (almost 8 years), then why haven't Alliance been this dominate during that duration of time...oh wait
    eu mop hu was dominante, and when the on use trinket was buffed during mop it was better people didn't want to swap at the time.
    cata. human dominated with the pve trinks, mass change to horde due to pve gear being removed from rated at the end of the expansion.
    wrath huge shift to ally after they allowed faction transfer and ICC trinks. bauble dfo ect.

Deleted
    I just think they need to change the human racial now that they are looking to re-work the entire PvP system. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case looking at the early PvP talents and the first being your "escape method".

It serves no purpose other then debate and at the high-end the PvE trinkets damage the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Wins in mediocre pugs are usually obtained from personally trying to lead your group, reading the battlefield and moving where you are needed the most instead of where most are going.

It won't get you a win every time, but even only one person in the match using the map properly and taking advantage of the enemy team's shortcoming (leaving a base undefended, forgetting to guard their FC, not peeling their healers, etc) can turn the game around. Regardless of faction.

As for the human racial. The only significant impact it's had in pvp was shifting population balance due to the bandwagon mentality most wow players have. Nothing else.
    You are so correct.
    Specially the "small" bg's, WSG, AB, you know what I mean. In those bg's one player can make a heck of a difference by being at the correct place at the right time. And moving correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kay Fernalld View Post
    Players generally feel that the Human Every Man For Himself racial is over-powered, but it hardly provides a HUGE advantage - all it really does is free up a trinket slot.
    and that allows an extra DPS trinket which results in even more burst damage.

So yes, it is a big advantage.

7+ Year Old Account
    during the last weeks, that's how i experienced that, alli is loosing every second bg and loosing every trashran battle.

Formerly known as Arafal

Alliance is master faction in proper PvP content. Ashran is not one of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    eu mop hu was dominante, and when the on use trinket was buffed during mop it was better people didn't want to swap at the time.
    cata. human dominated with the pve trinks, mass change to horde due to pve gear being removed from rated at the end of the expansion.
    wrath huge shift to ally after they allowed faction transfer and ICC trinks. bauble dfo ect.
    During Wotlk UD were still the one of the best races in pvp, even BE were pretty beastly and could silence lock out a caster easily.