Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Wii U is seriously struggling... they'd be absolutely mad to even considering thinking entering the market with a new console...

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not true the Ps3 was sold at a loss and if I recall right so was the ps2. The difference was the ps2 didn't sell at a loss for long.
    The original xbox was sold at a massive loss to try to buy MS into the market(this thing was literally a high end PC at the time sold for $299.99). PS3 and 360 where also sold at substantial losses for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    The Wii U is seriously struggling... they'd be absolutely mad to even considering thinking entering the market with a new console...
    Not because the console market is saturated. Because so far Nintendo has tried to innovate with it's hardware(Controllers and such despite the fact it's a silly idea).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not because the console market is saturated. Because so far Nintendo has tried to innovate with it's hardware(Controllers and such despite the fact it's a silly idea).
    I dunno, wii sports resort made the Wii and its controller scheme well worth it. I got my moneys worth on that game alone. Best game for family get togethers. I don't mind the Wii U default controller either, it has plenty of benefits.

Ain't nuthin but a sega dream cast, babay
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Moreso with the fact they have relegated themselves to being the "kids and family console". They've simply just given up on the "hardcore gamer" market.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Moreso with the fact they have relegated themselves to being the "kids and family console". They've simply just given up on the "hardcore gamer" market.
    Dunno, games like Xenoblade, DKC, Fire Emblem and Bayonetta certainly are targeted at hardcore gamers. Don't let facts get in the way of ridiculous statements though.

Even their games that are targeted at kids and family have optional difficulty spikes and underlying story themes that target hardcore gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Dunno, games like Xenoblade, DKC, Fire Emblem and Bayonetta certainly are targeted at hardcore gamers. Don't let facts get in the way of ridiculous statements though.

Even their games that are targeted at kids and family have optional difficulty spikes and underlying story themes that target hardcore gamers.
    Those game are few and far between...a pittance really.

and adding Bayonetta to that list is priceless. Hoisting up a game from the last generation of consoles as evidence that Nintendo is still relevant to gamers is hilarious.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

and adding Bayonetta to that list is priceless. Hoisting up a game from the last generation of consoles as evidence that Nintendo is still relevant to gamers is hilarious.
    Bayonetta 2 came out a year ago, yet it's not relevant. Kay, great knowledge dropping right here.

Oh wait, I forgot Splatoon with it's high skill cap competitive MP clearly not targeted at hardcore gamers

Oh wait, forgot Zelda clearly not targeted at hardcore gamers

Oh wait, forgot Mario Maker with its cult following of difficult level players/creators on twitch and youtube clearly not targeted at hardcore gamers

Oh wait, forgot smash with Nintendo embracing it as a competitive game and helping fund it as an esport clearly not targeted at hardcore gamers

Nope, all nintendo makes anymore is Wii Sports. I mean I could swear I own a dozen exclusive Wii U games not named Wii Sports but apparently that is all they make.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-12-23 at 04:55 AM.

First off Bayonetta 2 came out a year ago and Nintendo is as relevant today as Sony or Microsoft is. The fact we are talking about them right now shows it. Yes the Wii-U bombed but they could come back with the NX and clean house.

Nintedo just needs to not do stupid shit and have decent marketing. Hell ill buy the NX if its just a basic Nintendo console.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-23 at 04:57 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Bayonetta 2 came out a year ago, yet it's not relevant. Kay, great knowledge dropping right here.

Oh wait, I forgot Splatoon with it's high skill cap competitive MP clearly not targeted at hardcore gamers

Oh wait, forgot Zelda clearly not targeted at hardcore gamers

Nope, all nintendo makes anymore is Wii Sports. I mean I could swear I own a dozen exclusive Wii U games not named Wii Sports but apparently that is all they make.
    You didn't say Bayonetta 2. You said Bayonetta. Which also came out on the Wii U last year. Which is a game that was released on the PS3 and 360 years ago.

When did I say anything about Wii Sports? When did I say anything about Nintendo not having exclusives?

What I am saying, and if it makes you happy I'll even rephrase it a little, is that Nintendo is a lot more focused on family friendly titles than on any other market. And this is reflected in the fact that they are in 3rd place in a 3 man race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes the Wii-U bombed but they could come back with the NX and clean house.
    The same was said about the Wii when the Wii U was announced. And before that the same was said going from the gamecube to the Wii. Nintendo has been the last place console for the last 3 generations. Yes, theoretically, they could turn it all around with the NX...but that's just theoretical. Going by trends...the NX will be another lackluster entry to the console market.

You didn't say Bayonetta 2. You said Bayonetta.
    I listed names of IPs, not specific games. Unless you really thought I was talking about the original FE and DKC LMAO. Weak excuse is weak.

Which also came out on the Wii U last year. Which is a game that was released on the PS3 and 360 years ago.
    Which was bundled with Bayonetta 2.

When did I say anything about Wii Sports? When did I say anything about Nintendo not having exclusives?
    The fact you don't understand what targeting hardcore gamers means is how you said something about Wii Sports. You clearly lack knowledge on Nintendo games, go ahead and look at the the examples I listed, you want more? Oh wait you think an E rating means a game isn't targeted at hardcore gamers? Laughable.

What I am saying, and if it makes you happy I'll even rephrase it a little, is that Nintendo is a lot more focused on family friendly titles than on any other market. And this is reflected in the fact that they are in 3rd place in a 3 man race.
    If Nintendo was a lot more focused on families and kids then MS and Sony then why is the average Nintendo funded game more difficult the the average game published by Sony and MS?

Just because your average Nintendo game is friendly to play with kids and family around without violence, gore or sex all over does not make them any less targeted at hardcore gamers. I guess you think an 8 year old is capable of beating Tropical Freeze just because it has an E rating though

Isn't there a Wii U&Nintendo thread?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

The same was said about the Wii when the Wii U was announced. And before that the same was said going from the gamecube to the Wii. Nintendo has been the last place console for the last 3 generations. Yes, theoretically, they could turn it all around with the NX...but that's just theoretical. Going by trends...the NX will be another lackluster entry to the console market.
    LOL what, the Wii sold 20 million more consoles then both the 360 and PS3. Last place console guys, I guess last is the new first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last place in what? What determines last place? Units sold, Wii was the number 1 gen7 console. Wii also was the most reliable seventh gen as well.

You do realise there was more Wii's sold then Ps3 and 360 right? This is the first time Nintendo was in 3rd. Hell If I recall right the GC outsold the original Xbox.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    Last place in what? What determines last place? Units sold, Wii was the number 1 gen7 console. Wii also was the most reliable seventh gen as well.
    Made the most profit as well. Sony and Microsoft both would kill for the sells Nintendo gets.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The fact you don't understand what targeting hardcore gamers means is how you said something about Wii Sports. You clearly lack knowledge on Nintendo games, go ahead and look at the the examples I listed, you want more? Oh wait you think an E rating means a game isn't targeted at hardcore gamers? Laughable.
    Again, I never said anything about wii sports or Nintendo exclusives...But hey...continue to attack the strawman you've constructed.

If Nintendo was a lot more focused on families and kids then MS and Sony then why is the average Nintendo funded game more difficult the the average game published by Sony and MS?

Just because your average Nintendo game is friendly to play with kids and family around without violence, gore or sex all over does not make them any less targeted at hardcore gamers. I guess you think an 8 year old is capable of beating Tropical Freeze just because it has an E rating though

And yet, they're still in last place. Kinda says it all.

Last place in something that isn't a race doesn't mean they're failing or struggling.

For the first generation ever, and in the same generation they still managed to sell over 60 million handhelds. Keep living in your fantasy world where Nintendo isn't relevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I don't remember the first one holding that big of a market share so I'm doubtful of its ability to compete today.
    first one was way ahead of it's time and couldn't get the support of third party game makers on board. I loved that system and every game I had on it.