Thread: Fun, PvP & You

Fun, PvP & You

I know expansions are different as they should be but I can't help but feel WoD has been the least fun expansion for me PvP wise. I was kind of having fun at first and also liked Ashran with pre made groups ... In any case this expansion has been really a negative overall gaming experience for me PvP wise due to the ridiculous amount of healing from non-healers as well as some obviously broken comps that Blizz simply allow to exists and even buff **Turbo**

How about you? Fun wise?

Pros:
    They finally started balancing (albeit too late) spells specifically in PvP.

Cons:
    Farming PvE events in Ashran to gear up was terrible.
    The actual PvP in Ashran was just an AoE gank-fest or multi vs 1; boring.
    Forcing RBGs to keep up in gear early on was awful.
    Balance has been pretty terrible all round.
    World PvP COULD have been good, if most people weren't in their Garrison 99% of the time (completely wasting the no flying).

Legion actually looks like it's heading in the right direction for PvP though, with the base stat sheet given, ilvl only being a small stat increase, etc. so... Here's hoping.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-12-23 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Pros:
    They finally started balancing (albeit too late) spells specifically in PvP.
    This is only a pro if you like PVP being a segregated minigame.

Yeh I agree WOD was my least favorite xpac for PvP, but only cuz I play Ret, so my opinion is bias. Turbo wise its not as broken as other current comps (Jungle clv: u just tunnel healer every game/all game long or God Comp/RMD you sit in a cc train) or if you look in the past KFC MOP 1st season, or s7 Elem/Destro/Hpal each season has its OP Comps, Blizzard just fails to balance pvp

Class diversity is pretty good at the moment which reflects a good balance in class power. There are even several classes with more than one viable pvp spec. Blizzard only needs to finish cleaning the scripters and this can be a good season.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is my least favorite. Wrath and Early cata was shit too. WoD isn't really that bad, the community is just smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Astator View Post
    Class diversity is pretty good at the moment which reflects a good balance in class power. There are even several classes with more than one viable pvp spec. Blizzard only needs to finish cleaning the scripters and this can be a good season.
    Overall classes yes, but what if your class only has 1 DPS spec which is total crap on life rated pvp both arena/RBGs, also cc chain trains (RMD, God Comp, frozen chicken), and a blunt force dmg from comps like Turbo, Jungle clv, walking dead ). Pretty bad overall balance to me.