Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have to imagine theres more to this case than meets the eye.

Still the "repressed memories" and "dreaming of rape" and other silly witness testimony is hardly grounds to imprison someone for decades. Fortunately most of these cases seem to be from the 70's and 80's, its just that they're getting out now.

Even the best witness testimony without any hard evidence shouldn't be proof enough to convict, since you're talking about one person's word versus another, in most cases. At best, you're talking multiple witnesses.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why it's important to listen to and believe a rape victim automatically fam.

Seriously though, why do people think we should flip our legal tradition on its head when it comes to rape. No, "Innocent until proven guilty" applies to rape like anything else.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Thanks feminism. They really need to start punishing false rape accusations with dozens of years of jail.

Twenty-eight years for a simple rape? What is this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    This is why I'm against the death penalty.

There's probably an obvious reason I'm missing, but is there a reason a person can't be put on trial without the jury seeing them? Like, hide them behind an opaque screen and modulating their voice or something, I dunno.

Try to remove biases from the equation, I guess.

A big problem with the whole "rape culture" thing is that only one side gets the heat in ruining a life. If a man forces himself upon a women (or the other way around, although rare) then it should be considered a terrible crime. One of the worse. Ranked right up with murder. But if a lie that ruins someoes life comes about from it then it should be punished just as harshly. Right now it is just "she said" "he pays" (if she lies) "he gets out" (still considered a rapist by most, many years wasted) "she goes on living like nothing happened". That is bullshit.

What a slut. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I see lot's of people here didn't bother to read the article at all....
    I think some did. And the part where her dream was used as hard evidence that he was the rapist is what some people are having a problem with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Reason why this thread won't get much attention.
    Of course not, the Socjusbrigade wants to stay far away from this.

The real question is, how do they reimburse a person who's life they've literally destroyed ? or most of it at least.

I mean what does the government do for those people that were wrongly accused for such a long time ? a typical " I'm sorry we were wrong , you're now free !" after 30 years sorta sux tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This thread won't go very far, we're going to get a lot of the Euro MRA's in here, but most of the US MRA's will be absent since it was a black man.
    I love the casual insinuation of racism - Never mind its your side pushing the nonsense that used to result in lynchings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by abcchef View Post
    1. What is wrong with advocating for the right of a man to a fair trial? I can't imagine why you would have an issue with this.
    2. You tend to be the first person to bring up race in many threads. I sense some underlying issues.
    See MRAs want due process for all men - which doesn't include black men, or something.

OK, so the moral of this story is .. if I see someone in a dream, doing something bad, I can get him locked up? Alrighty then!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    28 years for rape?

people serve less for murder
    But you see, society doesn't take rape seriously, We live in a rape culture dontcha now?

Deleted

Time to put the bitch in prison for 28 years. Only fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    I love the casual insinuation of racism - Never mind its your side pushing the nonsense that used to result in lynchings

- - - Updated - - -

See MRAs want due process for all men - which doesn't include black men, or something.
    Yeah it is ironic. It's mostly one side supporting things that are detrimental to black men while being the ones to claim the moral high ground. Examples include the listen and believe rhetoric responsible for the lynchings of hundreds of innocent black men both today and in the past. Another example would be the racist foundations of disarmament in the USA.

The funniest thing I love hearing about is when presumably privileged white feminists bitch and moan about how black men have oppressed them through patriarchy. This isn't a new phenomenon though. Feminism has come at the expense of black women and men since it began due in part to how selfish it is as a movement and ideology.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Wait.. You are saying MRA's are racists? Wow how very classy of you.
    Threads like these usually go 30+ pages within a day. Oh look...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Thank you mister Euro for your insightful input. Now please kindly stand back since you have no clue about the history of the American parties.

Falsely accusing black men of rape was a pretty common tactic by southern white racists and elderly racists to try and demonize interracial relations. Those racists may have once voted Democrat, but they were estranged by the party when they started shunning such abhorrent personalities in people. Said racists were picked up by the Republican party in the Southern strategy when Republican candidates began appealing to racist voters who had been estranged from the Democrat party during civil rights.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-12-25 at 07:28 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

saw a bit in a movie about a guys chasing a woman in her dreams. this sounds as real as the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goradan View Post
    saw a bit in a movie about a guys chasing a woman in her dreams. this sounds as real as the movie.
    Read the article. She was in fact raped. The issue is the misidentification.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters