Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why stand your ground laws are bad.

If someone breaks into your house, chances are you could simply point any weapon at them and they will turn tail and run, especially if they have face covering. The chances of an assassin or a ninja breaking into you house to rob/rape/murder you as an average joe-shmoe nobaody is less than getting the winning lotto ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Accidental shootings skyrockets.
    Going to need a source for this claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toosdey View Post

If someone breaks into your house, chances are you could simply point any weapon at them and they will turn tail and run, especially if they have face covering. The chances of an assassin or a ninja breaking into you house to rob/rape/murder you as an average joe-shmoe nobaody is less than getting the winning lotto ticket.
    You may be OK with giving the guy who just violated the sanctity of your home a free pass, but Im just going to speculate you are the minority.

I'm sorry, but that is one of the most beta excuses I've seen floating around on the internet from a renter or home owner.

I would simply argue people who aren't prepared to use a gun shouldn't own one. That would be people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    This is what happens when you have a handgun in the house. Especially with someone that has probably zero training. Accidental shootings skyrockets.
    Or this happens http://www.abc22now.com/news/top-sto...d-245926.shtml

Woman Shoots, Kills Home Invasion Suspect in Trotwood

TROTWOOD -- A home invasion turns deadly when the homeowner takes the safety of her family into her own hands.

One of three home invasion suspect was shot and killed during the incident, and has been identified by the Montgomery County Coroner's Office as Azikiwe Presley, 29, of Dayton.

I know you are aware you were exaggerating, but thieves are what I would be worried breaking into my home. And the odds of being burgled are unfortunately greater than winning the lotto. Far greater.

To be fair though, it is a really dumb thing to shoot someone before making a positive ID - even in a life or death situation like a home invasion. If you must fire a shot in panic without confirming the identity of the person (enough to know it isn't your daughter at the very least), at least fire a dang warning shot first. Not saying you shouldn't shoot a burglar, but don't just shoot people because they could be one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep very tragic loss, and very sad event. I own a gun, and I am all for prudent gun control, but honestly don't think any law could have prevented this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Going to need a source for this claim.

- - - Updated - - -

You may be OK with giving the guy who just violated the sanctity of your home a free pass, but Im just going to speculate you are the minority.

I'm sorry, but that is one of the most beta excuses I've seen floating around on the internet from a renter or home owner.

I would simply argue people who aren't prepared to use a gun shouldn't own one. That would be people like you.
    Oh my god the irony. The fact that you think owning a gun means you have to ready, able and willing to shoot someone is proof that you lack the mental capacity to be allowed in public. Owning a gun does not make you a soldier kiddo.

I'm a gun owner, if someone breaks into my home, "Dear god, I need to defend the homestead with life and limb" is not my first thought. I am not a cop, I ahve the right to defend my home, but if they aren't in a position to take my life, I'm not going to take theirs.

If you kill everything you come across, you are 100% less likely to encounter a threat, right?

Lets walk through the logic process.

You:

1. Encounter another person
    2. You don't know who they are immediately
    3. They might be a robber / murderer
    4. You die

Gun owner thought process

1. You encounter another person
    2. Shoot them
    3. ID the body. Threat neutralized.

10+ Year Old Account

Stand your ground law is stupid when it extends to doing something stupid while carrying around a pistol, and then killing someone to get yourself out of it, because you are a moron is different than someone breaking into my home and trying to steal my shit.

Sorry, someone breaks into your house empty the clip, nobody has the right to do that, and if they do then they decided to forfeit their life doing so. I don't confuse defense of ones life and home with being a vigilante, those are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    Well to be fair that has never stopped parents from being able to instruct their children in proper fire arm safety. It isn't like it is a subject that would take more than one class. It is like the sex talk, if only because it is not a subject that takes longer to discuss than an evening parents should just handle it themselves.
    I tend to think rather poorly on American parents in general, one of the reasons I support public education. But you are correct that nothing legal stops them. Their invented fear of a tool does that quite nicely.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Stand your ground law is stupid when it extends to doing something stupid while carrying around a pistol, and then killing someone to get yourself out of it, because you are a moron is different than someone breaking into my home and trying to steal my shit.

Sorry, someone breaks into your house empty the clip, nobody has the right to do that, and if they do then they decided to forfeit their life doing so. I don't confuse defense of ones life and home with being a vigilante, those are two different things.
    Someone breaking into your home does not represent a serious, tangible threat to your life. Someone coming in to steal your electronics probably isn't expecting you to even be at the house. Murdering you isn't on their mind.

This Hollywood dramatization of home invasions is pathetic. If people want to steal your goods, they will do it when it is least likely to cause THEM harm, I.E. when you are not home. How fucking hard is that to realize? Your recent post are leading me to believe you are about as willfully ignorant is you can be, so this is the last post I'll directly respond you on this thread.

Tragic but what exactly is there to talk about?

Gun control maybe but we already have a thread for that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    If you kill everything you come across, you are 100% less likely to encounter a threat, right?

You:

4. You die

2. Shoot them

No, that is not my thought process, My thought process is hey, I hope I never run into a situation where I have to use this, or get into a situations where I have a gun on me, and I introduced an element that includes my gun, to a situation that would otherwise not.

I also think, if by some chance I ever DO need to use my gun, that it was because I was left with very limited options, before I shot and had to take someone else's life.

And finally, if I was ever in a situation where I needed a gun and I didn't have it, I am glad I have that option.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone breaking into your home does not represent a serious, tangible threat to your life. Someone coming in to steal your electronics probably isn't expecting you to even be at the house. Murdering you isn't on their mind.
    You are speaking in absolutes, and yes someone breaking into my home very well is a serious and tangible threat, we aren't talking about my car, on on my property alone, if you break into someones home, you given up your rights in forfeiture for trying to infringe on some else's life namely the home you are breaking into.

As for what they broke in my home to do is irrelevant, what they could do which is take my life or someone I love isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post

You:

4. You die

2. Shoot them
    Do you have any idea how many people conceal carry? I don't see every gun owner shooting people they come into contact with. This is another case of assuming a minority amount of people represent the majority. Stop fear mongering.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

This Hollywood dramatization of home invasions is pathetic. If people want to steal your goods, they will do it when it is least likely to cause THEM harm, I.E. when you are not home. How fucking hard is that to realize? Your recent post are leading me to believe you are about as willfully ignorant is you can be, so this is the last post I'll directly respond you on this thread.
    You don't think someone breaking into your house represents a serious tangible threat? Are you serious? Breaking and entering is a very serious felony charge. Its probably the biggest indirect threat to someone there is. If I am home and I see someone in my house in the middle of the night that I know is not supposed to be there, that's a very serious situation and im going to shoot to kill. They know how big of a deal it is and yet they chose to ignore the law. What other serious laws might they choose to break?

The "good guys with guns" save lives again. Oh wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if the daughter had a gun maybe that wouldn't have happened?

*imagines a weird mr and mrs smith moment for the mother and daughter*

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    bombs aren't legal, nice bait though seems you lack the IQ to make a comparison.
    Guns law is not the same in every state and he even said "AMERICA", not USA.

Good that trolls like you are getting bans.

Oh my god the irony. The fact that you think owning a gun means you have to ready, able and willing to shoot someone is proof that you lack the mental capacity to be allowed in public. Owning a gun does not make you a soldier kiddo.

I'm a gun owner, if someone breaks into my home, "Dear god, I need to defend the homestead with life and limb" is not my first thought. I am not a cop, I ahve the right to defend my home, but if they aren't in a position to take my life, I'm not going to take theirs.
    Guns are meant to kill people or at very minimum incapacitate them.

If you are not prepared to shoot your gun at another human being you need to sell you gun and consider a taser or perhaps pepper spray.

I stand by my statement. You shouldn't own a gun if you are not prepared to understand the basic function/purpose of it.

Why do people just shoot without even seeing who it is?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    Thats awful.

One of the firearm safety rules:
    "Know your target and what lies beyond it."

Unfortunately many americans are quite trigger happy.
    Seriously. Can someone for the love of god show these dipshits the rules to using a gun. They should at least make the manufacturer put a safety book with each gun for fucks sake. Never shoot blind; people, come on 101 shit here. You've got a gun, no one is closing the distance before you can identify your target.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2015-12-31 at 05:17 PM.