Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New goblin (and worgen) models?

I just saw a level boost advertisement on the book of faces, and this goblin's model struck me as looking new. It could just be some heavy customisation for that advertisement alone but I'm now wondering if goblins (and worgen) are going to be getting updated models in Legion? Does anyone with animation experience know if this looks feasible as just a modification of the cata-era model?

http://giphy.com/gifs/3o8doU7idNVHPhwCHe

10+ Year Old Account
    That certainly looks new to me, I don't recall them announcing anything though. They are likely working on it but it won't be ready for Legion launch so they have not mentioned anything yet?

New models for goblins and worgen would cost us a lot more than the small benefit they would bring. Plus since we are getting a new class it is VERY UNLIKELY that Blizzard would even consider it without sacrificing important content.
    "Listen widely to remove your doubts and be careful when speaking about the rest, and your mistakes will be few..." — Confucius.

I fear new goblins models with the current approach they are using would look worse with faces that look much less varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklebeard View Post
    I just saw a level boost advertisement on the book of faces, and this goblin's model struck me as looking new. It could just be some heavy customisation for that advertisement alone but I'm now wondering if goblins (and worgen) are going to be getting updated models in Legion? Does anyone with animation experience know if this looks feasible as just a modification of the cata-era model?

That was likely made purely for the advertisement.

In my opinion, Goblins doesnt need new models as much as worgens need. To be honest, I'm prety satisfied how goblins are at the moment. Worgens however could need some love.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO Goblins already looks great, Worgen on the other hand, could use some love (mainly female worgens)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklebeard View Post

This is just a fiddled up goblin model for the sake of the advertisement. Below is a link where you can see them fooling around with it in the screenshots when scrolling past the block of text.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ame-Cinematics

As the others have said, there is no update. Blizz tweaks models to look better in those ads. As much as I'd like an update, it's just not in the cards.

For a start we could give goblins and worgen monks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding View Post
    New models for goblins and worgen would cost us a lot more than the small benefit they would bring.
    Please. As someone with a female worgen character, a model update would be huge. Really, any fix to that face would be a major improvement. Chihuahua permasnarl needs to go.

I really hope that when people ask for this they realize even if they did it they wouldn't fix the Female Worgen model right? It's just an update, not remake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreboding View Post
    New models for goblins and worgen would cost us a lot more than the small benefit they would bring. Plus since we are getting a new class it is VERY UNLIKELY that Blizzard would even consider it without sacrificing important content.
    I'm sorry but how my characters look is important to me and those two races are the last that need cleaning up and they do have terrible models compared to the first detailed HD race; Pandaren.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    I really hope that when people ask for this they realize even if they did it they wouldn't fix the Female Worgen model right? It's just an update, not remake.
    *looks at how tauren were remade along with orcs, gnomes, and dwarves*

lol, alright, if you think so but all they need to do (and would most likely happen) is to shut their damn mouth and improves the face and head a bit and they'll automatically be a 100% better.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Like the Gnome from the other level boost commercial, I think this Goblin is a preview of the new model of that race.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2016-01-06 at 10:57 AM.

I'd rather get a new raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I'd rather get a new raid tier.
    You can have both!

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    Like the Gnome from the other level boost commercial, I think this Goblin is a preview of the new model of that race.
    Unlike that gnome, though, the goblin has the current model with a few tweaks (something Blizzard often does for trailers and cutscenes).

If these models were coming, we would already know. Blizzard wouldn't miss the chance to add more features to the expansion announcement, even if they were to be released in a patch.

Deleted
    Yes, they need their model updates as soon as possible. Worgen look like cripples and move like them. These horribly weird proportions. Animations are atrocious and so is the permanent snarl. Appearance of characters is one of the most important things and worgen and goblin fail at it in 2016.

Deleted
    No, it's just rigged with their Machinima-Tool. The same one they are using for the Cinematics (esp. the WoD ones).

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    You can have both!
    Apparently not. We got new models with WoD and look, only 1 additional tier.

Causality, but yadayada, the argument is not without merit.