Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    JoJo. Hyped for part 4 even though the animation style is changing drastically

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    That show had an amazing Season 1. Season 2 felt quite rushed and suffered because of it. I think season 2 of Aldnoah felt even worse than Tokyo Ghoul's.

- - - Updated - - -

Aw shit, how did I forget those. That and Knights of Sidonia season 2.
    you mean season 3

2015 was a pretty good year animewise. After watching very little the last few years (I think Shingeki no Kyoujin was my last) this year really got me back with some of my favorite mangas getting an anime:

1. One-Punch Man: just pure awesomeness.
    2. Shokugeki no Soma: Every episode made me grin, sure hope for a new season
    3. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Big fan of Matsui Yusei. He really likes to come up with absurd premises and makes them work. Also Nagisa has some of the best CMoAs of all time (and the manga has one of the greatest twists ever later )
    4. Overlord: That one took me by surprise. As MMO-Gamer myself the idea is alluring of course. ^^
    5. Ushio to Tora: A nice nostalgic anime, fun to watch.

(and an honorable mention for Rokka no Yuusha: started strong but was pretty drawn out unfortunately)

Arslan Senki never really gripped me unfortunately. I'd never talk badly about Arakawa Hiromu but I have given manga and anime a chance to fascinate me but they just didn't.

P.s. Ah, Monster Musume was fun, too. Almost forgot that one even though I've still got the opening on my cell phone. ^^
    P.p.s. Damnit memory, how could I forget about Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry? That should be at least between 4 and 5 on my list, maybe higher.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-01-06 at 11:18 PM.

- Gate
    - World Trigger
    - Noragami
    - Owari no Seraph
    - Strike the Blood
    - Concrete Revolutio
    - Taimadou Gakuen
    - Shinmai Maou no Testament
    - Rakudai Kishi no Calvary
    - K Return of the Kings
    - One Punch Man
    - Tokyo Ghoul
    - Rokka no Yuusha
    - Gatchaman
    - Charlotte
    - Ushio
    - Ranpo Kitan Game of Laplace
    - Prison School
    - Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
    - God Eater
    - Kyoukai no Rinne
    - Kekkai Sensen
    - Re-Kan
    - Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku
    - DanMachi
    - Triage X
    - Fate/Stay Night
    - High School DxD
    - Shokugeki no Souma
    - Ghost in the Shell
    - Yamada-kin to 7-nin no Majo
    - Gunslinger Stratos the Animation

Id like to add Digimon but I dont know what happened to it...
    Last edited by Enan1981; 2016-01-06 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enan1981 View Post
    Id like to add Digimon but I dont know what happened to it...
    They've decided to split it in several movies instead of a series. Basically one movie consists of four episodes. The first one was released November 21. The nostalgic value is great but at the end it fast-forwarded through the evolutions a bit too fast for me.
    The second one will come March 12 2016
    Last edited by Galathir; 2016-01-06 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of what I enjoyed the most, In no particular order;

Death Parade
    Koufuku Graffiti
    Hibike! Euphonium
    Houkago no Pleiades
    Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!
    Non Non Biyori Repeat
    Working!!!
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka??
    Yuru Yuri San☆Hai

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Good news then! S2 sometime during 2016 (probably).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-season/.96320
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2016-01-07 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    I like more shows then those I will mention but this are my favorites of 2015.
    Durarara!! ((both) great characters)
    Prison School (nipple hair and piss)
    Working!! (a great 5 year ride)
    Overlord (OP evilish characters is fun and interesting for me)
    One punch man ("Okay")
    Owarimonogatari (gatari seriers = win)
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku
    Arslan Senki (underated show)
    Gintama (best comedy show of all time)
    Gate (not sure why, but I get the same feelings for this show as FMA:B)
    Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (Even if the director is kinda crappy, type-moon things is almost instant win)
    Food wars (makes me and some friends to cook)
    Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai (silly perverted humor everywhere without the normal ecchi shit everywhere, still ecchi though)
    Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (guilty pleasure)
    Rokka no Yuusha (as soon the detective prat start, the beginning feels very average)
    Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz! (if you ignore most of all loli yuri school things, then this show ids great.)
    Last edited by mmoc3c32484403; 2016-01-06 at 11:29 PM.

I didn't watch all that many anime this year so I'm going to make this list really short.
    Oregairu s2. I felt that this was the only thing that "really" stood out from the ones I actually bothered to watch.

I guess I'll say a couple of words about the other shows I watched to make it feel more like a list.
    Fate looked pretty but that was more or less the only thing I can really praise it for. OST was kinda nice aswell I guess.
    Charlotte could've been much more than it was and seemed to cut potential story arcs really short just to reach a conclusion in 12 episodes. I liked the ending but the route to it wasn't necessarily as good as it could've been. Fuck pizzasauce gozaru imouto.
    Yamada, I suppose, was ok but I still feel like 12 episodes was too little for it. The One witch, one episode made it feel like some slice of life adaptation.
    Tokyo Ghoul s2 was just shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Lot of people mentioned my favorites I will say though DxD season 3 was shit compared to what it should have been I hope they get it back on track. Danmachi was entertaining but they blew through too much content.
    Favorites
    Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo
    Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru
    Arslan Senki
    Prison School
    Durarara!!
    Non Non Biyori
    GATE
    Gakusen Toshi Asterisk
    Noragami Aragoto
    Kidou Senshi Gundam: Tekketsu no Orphans
    Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan
    Heavy Object
    Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
    Gakkou Gurashi! ()wasn't expecting this one to turn out so good)
    Himouto! Umaru-chan
    Kuusen Madoushi Kouhosei no Kyoukan
    Jitsu wa Watashi wa
    Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
    Okusama ga Seitokaichou!
    Working!!!
    To Love RU D2

10+ Year Old Account
    (and an honorable mention for Rokka no Yuusha: started strong but was pretty drawn out unfortunately)
    The ending of the arc was way better than the start of it. I can understand it if you don't like mystery though. The mystery was something completely unexpected, I enjoy it.

Ive ran out of animes to binge watch. So im actually scouring the list to see if theres one I could check out and see

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    you mean season 3
    Season 3 of what? None of the shows I mentioned in that quote have a season 3 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    The ending of the arc was way better than the start of it. I can understand it if you don't like mystery though. The mystery was something completely unexpected, I enjoy it.
    I don't have problems with mystery. That's what made it interesting in the first place. But in the middle there were episodes where very little happened. The anime could have been tightened to about 9-10 episodes nearly without losses.

Season 3 of what? None of the shows I mentioned in that quote have a season 3 yet.
    knights of sedonia already have season 2, season 3 should be next summer

Aye, I meant season 2 from 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    2015 was a pretty good year animewise. After watching very little the last few years (I think Shingeki no Kyoujin was my last) this year really got me back with some of my favorite mangas getting an anime:

1. One-Punch Man: just pure awesomeness.
    3. Ansatsu Kyoushitsu: Big fan of Matsui Yusei. He really likes to come up with absurd premises and makes them work. Also Nagisa has some of the best CMoAs of all time (and the manga has one of the greatest twists ever later )
    4. Overlord: That one took me by surprise. As MMO-Gamer myself the idea is alluring of course. ^^
    5. Ushio to Tora: A nice nostalgic anime, fun to watch.

Arslan Senki never really gripped me unfortunately. I'd never talk badly about Arakawa Hiromu but I have given manga and anime a chance to fascinate me but they just didn't.

P.s. Ah, Monster Musume was fun, too. Almost forgot that one even though I've still got the opening on my cell phone. ^^
    P.p.s. Damnit memory, how could I forget about Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry? That should be at least between 4 and 5 on my list, maybe higher.
    I'm watching Ushio no Tora at the moment. On ep 20-something, almost done. It's pretty fun. The story is on the weak side, but the characters and fights are aren't bad.

Season 1 of Gangsta had to wrap up quick as Manglobe declared bankrupcy at that point. It upsets me to no end that it happened as Gangsta had so much what I was looking for. Hoping someone else will pick up the show.
    That sucks, had no clue. S2 possibility is looking a little grim... Damn.

seven deadly sins and parasite was pretty interesting, hope to see more oh and attack on titans
    Completely forgot about Parasyte -the maxim- (which is what I assume you meant?) it's up there as well. Seven Deadly Sins is in my list as my favorite shounen of the year (and in my top 3 of all time best shounens). Very underrated anime IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Knights of Sidonia has also been excellent. Definitely looking forward to S3.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-01-07 at 10:18 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I found it tough to rank my favorite anime this year, but I'll give it a try, and limit it to five:

1. Prison School
    2. Death Parade
    3. One Punch Man
    4. Shimoneta
    5. Noragami Aragoto

Honorable mention: Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken (or, as a certain thread has deemed it, 'Thigh Bro').

Unless I'm missing something. I probably am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Honorable mention: Ore ga Ojousama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Gets♥Sareta Ken (or, as a certain thread has deemed it, 'Thigh Bro').
    Now that Thighbro has gotten an adaptation, Undead Thighbro also needs one!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Knights of Sidonia has also been excellent. Definitely looking forward to S3.
    I honestly would be very surprised if you get a third season. The Manga ended a few months ago and not a lot happens after season 2. The end battle was was very quick and the close out was even quicker. It was kinda like bam war is over, here's what happened to this character in 30 words or less, here is this one, here is main guy and that's the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Completely forgot about Parasyte -the maxim- (which is what I assume you meant?) it's up there as well. Seven Deadly Sins is in my list as my favorite shounen of the year (and in my top 3 of all time best shounens). Very underrated anime IMO.
    7 Deadly sins is pretty highly rated I also enjoyed it but I liked Arslan Senki over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started watching this yesterday because of your comment (in ep 3 now) and it's a lot better than I was expecting. It's definitely one of what I'd like to call "junk food" anime because it has no actual sustenance. It's mostly just about the ecchi, but it's still pretty tasty junk food that I will enjoy watching. The premise is relatively unique, I've seen cat girls and whatnot before but never full blown centaur, medusas and harpy girls running around seducing the male protagonist. And from the OP, it looks like I'll be seeing a blob girl and a spider girl that's into bondage? some time soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post

7 Deadly sins is pretty highly rated I also enjoyed it but I liked Arslan Senki over it.
    Arslan was more about the story and 7 Deadly Sins was more about the characters. Both great in their own ways and both are getting a S2 which I will 100000000000000% be watching. (Both of them are in my original post as my favorites from 2015)
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama