Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Since they are living with us, I'm pretty sure humans will force them to wear something even if they don't feel the need to.

This situation is often described as "Oh no, what will my children think if they see *insert text here*".

15+ Year Old Account
    If you think humans are the only ones possessing these capabilities, you don't know much about animals then.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Wrong.
    Then you post stuff showing I'm right.

Well - that's confusing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Then you post stuff showing I'm right.

Well - that's confusing.
    So reading comprehension and basic knowledge about animals don't seem to be your strong suits. Have a nice day.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

In Zootopia they have a nudist colony.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    For protection and warmth, they are certainly useful. However, people wear clothes even in ecologically clean parks under +30C temperature. We are ashamed of naked bodies, they are strongly censored and allowed to be seen mostly only in intimate scenarios. I would like to get to live at the time when it is no longer a big deal and the clothes become a purely practical and cultural element, rather than being a lawful requirement.
    Have you ever had grass in your ass and crotch not a plesant feeling either way you do not want to see certain people naked think of the children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    Have you ever had grass in your ass and crotch not a plesant feeling either way you do not want to see certain people naked think of the children.
    Well, we have blankets and such for a reason.

What to think of the children? There is not a single kid on this planet that hasn't seen naked people. What is there to hide from them? Were it not for our culture of body shaming, no one would even come up with the idea that it might be bad for children to see naked adults. This is how nature intended it to be, this is how it is for every single animal on Earth, except for humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Well, we have blankets and such for a reason.

What to think of the children? There is not a single kid on this planet that hasn't seen naked people. What is there to hide from them? Were it not for our culture of body shaming, no one would even come up with the idea that it might be bad for children to see naked adults. This is how nature intended it to be, this is how it is for every single animal on Earth, except for humans.
    Nature doesn't "intend" much of anything.

Humans have worn clothing of some description for at least a hundred thousand years, if not several hundred more. It's a large part of why humans don't have body hair and are able to proliferate to so many different climatic regions.

In fact you might even say modern man evolved to wear clothing. Our bodies are adapted to it protecting us.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nature doesn't "intend" much of anything.

Humans have worn clothing of some description for at least a hundred thousand years, if not several hundred more. It's a large part of why humans don't have body hair and are able to proliferate to so many different climatic regions.

In fact you might even say modern man evolved to wear clothing. Our bodies are adapted to it protecting us.
    Well I mean humans do technically have body hair, hell, we have the exact same number of hair follicles as a chimpanzee does, but we have evolved to where our hair has minimized extremely to the point where we look nearly hairless and for sound evolutionary reason. Sweat glands.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    So reading comprehension and basic knowledge
    Yes - that's what I have. The information provided (that I looked up - and then someone else pasted an excerpt of) are the things that show animals aren't Sapient.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2016-01-06 at 03:32 AM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Implying it hasn't even started:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Well I mean humans do technically have body hair, hell, we have the exact same number of hair follicles as a chimpanzee does, but we have evolved to where our hair has minimized extremely to the point where we look nearly hairless and for sound evolutionary reason. Sweat glands.
    Yes but think of individuals that live in extreme climates, like Inuits. They aren't particularly hairy (in fact, most native americans, whose range included a wide variety of climates, have VERY little body hair in general.) And while we see things like blood oxygenation or skin tone adapting for different climates, altitudes, and so forth, we do NOT see body hair correlating with it in any remotely consistent way.

If you want a similar example, think of hermit crabs and empty snail shells. All other species of crabs have hard shells, yet hermit crabs do not, despite relying on something completely separate from their body for protection. Yet they have a body type completely dependent upon having a snail's shell protecting them, meaning that their bodies evolved to utilize it. In "tocuhy feely mother nature" parlance, it's the way hermit crabs are "supposed" to be.

Come to think of it, clothing probably helped human beings evolve such prodigiously sized penises (for apes, at least,) which is a sexual trait that human females selected for in mates (pursuant to why human men don't have any bones in their penises either, unlike almost every other ape.) Even tribes that wear almost no clothing usually have something covering their schwantzes while out and about, if not for modesty than for protection. Don't want it getting caught on a twig or something.

That being said, there's no reason to think we'd require a sapient extraterrestrial species to wear clothing, unless the textile industry wanted to make a buck off of them.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-01-06 at 03:43 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't justify humanity's obsession with wearing clothing for non-protection reasons so I can't imagine trying to force it on another species. I also think dressing up pets (except for protection reasons, once again) is tremendously annoying. Something about it just rubs me backwards.
    Last edited by RaoBurning; 2016-01-06 at 03:52 AM.
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes but think of individuals that live in extreme climates, like Inuits. They aren't particularly hairy (in fact, most native americans, whose range included a wide variety of climates, have VERY little body hair in general.) And while we see things like blood oxygenation or skin tone adapting for different climates, altitudes, and so forth, we do NOT see body hair correlating with it in any remotely consistent way.

If you want a similar example, think of hermit crabs and empty snail shells. All other species of crabs have hard shells, yet hermit crabs do not, despite relying on something completely separate from their body for protection. Yet they have a body type completely dependent upon having a snail's shell protecting them, meaning that their bodies evolved to utilize it. In "tocuhy feely mother nature" parlance, it's the way hermit crabs are "supposed" to be.

Come to think of it, clothing probably helped human beings evolve such prodigiously sized penises (for apes, at least,) which is a sexual trait that human females selected for in mates (pursuant to why human men don't have any bones in their penises either, unlike almost every other ape.) Even tribes that wear almost no clothing usually have something covering their schwantzes while out and about, if not for modesty than for protection. Don't want it getting caught on a twig or something.

That being said, there's no reason to think we'd require a sapient extraterrestrial species to wear clothing, unless the textile industry wanted to make a buck off of them.
    Indeed. We may even run into a species like dolphins or deal with them ourselves where they really aren't morphologically suited to wearing anything similar to human clothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. We may even run into a species like dolphins or deal with them ourselves where they really aren't morphologically suited to wearing anything similar to human clothing.
    We'd have that covered.

Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In all seriousness, if I had the option to not have to wear clothes, I'd exercise it. I don't that requiring people to wear clothes, in a general sense, sapient nonhuman or human should be a thing.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they won't need to after we eradicate their race and farm their world to construct more weapons to do the same to the next race. My dream is a cosmos with one race. The human race.

Guess I'm some kind of Racist or something.

It depends on whether their culture demands it and they have a sense of shame in the nude.

Quote Originally Posted by Beruis View Post
    Hopefully they won't need to after we eradicate their race and farm their world to construct more weapons to do the same to the next race. My dream is a cosmos with one race. The human race.

Guess I'm some kind of Racist or something.
    I have a feeling it may be the opposite... Unless we're talking about A.I or uplift in which case they would probably absorb into human society.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling it may be the opposite... Unless we're talking about A.I or uplift in which case they would probably absorb into human society.
    If given the chance, I would kill the innocent survivors rather than taking slaves. A kindness really, they either escape and fight us or grow up with hatred in their hearts. Maybe a race that can fight back will butt heads with us, but then we shake hands and never go near each other. until we can kill them all

The human race is pure, and all the other races are heresy incarnate. To stain our hands with their blood would be naught more than righteous cleansing. To stain our worlds with their presence would hopefully disgust even the most progressive of future humans.

For the Glory of Emperor