Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any tips for mythic archimonde?

Guild is about to start progression on Mythic Archimonde, and I'm wondering if anyone who has downed it has any pro tips to get better output/cheese. I'm the lone warlock on the raid team and we have a super heavy AOE/cleave comp.

- What Strat are you planning to use?
    - What is your raid comp?
    - What does your gear look like between Destro/Aff?

Generally speaking you can't go wrong with being Destro but depending on the strat your guild uses and it's comp, Affliction has its place.
    My guild currently switched to using the ring cheese strat of forcing the boss through several phases since we clear the instance in one night. In that case and because we have 3 boomkins and a SP I just go Afflic ST resulting in the highest ST damage on boss by several %.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia101 View Post
    - What Strat are you planning to use?
    - What is your raid comp?
    - What does your gear look like between Destro/Aff?

Generally speaking you can't go wrong with being Destro but depending on the strat your guild uses and it's comp, Affliction has its place.
    My guild currently switched to using the ring cheese strat of forcing the boss through several phases since we clear the instance in one night. In that case and because we have 3 boomkins and a SP I just go Afflic ST resulting in the highest ST damage on boss by several %.
    We typically use the Proper Bird strats to start out, and then adjust depending on our needs/personal thoughts.

As far as comp goes, we're generally very good at cleave and AOE but lose out on single target, to the point where I'm playing affliction for Mannoroth.
    On any given raid night, our DPS team has access to

• 4 Mages (1 strictly fire)
    • 4 Hunters
    • 3 DK's
    • 2 Shadow Priests
    • 2 Warriors
    • 1 Ret Pally
    • 1 Warlock
    • 1 Rogue
    • 1 WW
    • 1 Boomkin
    • 1 Enhance Shaman

Gear on both Destro/Afflic sits around 739. I would say my secondary stats are better optimized for Destruction, but they are by no means bad on Affliction.

I originally planned on playing Affliction for our progression on this fight given what I've said above, but I dont want Infernals/Void Stars to get out of control and I know how easily Destro's target swapping/priority target burst would shine here.

If you are trying to do single Doomfire strategy then it's Affliction, hands down, you're basically need to push the boss to the P2 roughly before/during the Shadowfel Burst, but that means A LOT of ST burst on pull and usually 3 healers - with some cleaving on 1st Doomfire: usually mage crystals, hunters and a switching Arms warrior do the trick, you may add 1 capacitor explosion if necessary, all of the ring damage MUST go solely on the boss. If you can't beat that timer - then its 4-healer and a lot of switching with Destruction.

And please if you are on p3 and the Rain of Chaos is about to start - press the SacPact every single f***ing time. That thing hits an entire raid like a truck.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Affliction can actually handle the infernals and void stars quite well. Definitely just as consistently as hunters/boomkins/destro locks can. With the amount of targets dying in the final phase, there's plenty of soul shards available for 2-3 soul swaps for each type off add spawn.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=272

Deleted
    do not die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure where you're planning to use lust. But I find pretty similar results with Destro and Affliction unless you're casting Lust on pull, in which case Affliction pulls ahead.

At the most basic level:

Destro, you'll have to exploit Havoc + SB, cast as many Chaos Bolts as you can, see if you can squeeze something out of FnB in p2 and maximize Gateway/Demonic Circle.

Affliction, you'll have to exploit Soul Swap glyph and maximize Shard regeneration by sniping with Drain Soul.

I'd say just play what you're most comfortable with at this point. Sounds like you have a pretty good comp to deal with everything.

Deleted
    You can still push the boss with one Doomfire playing Destruction, weigh up the needs of the raid.

I always play destruction on archi (even with the 1 doomfire strat since we have more than plenty dps). I just value killing adds more than padding on boss (which IMHO affli is on archi)+ the opener as destro isn't that bad at all considering you can get a shadowburn off on the first Doomfire and if you time it right, you can havoc a CB at the end of your DS on the first Doomguard
    made by Shyama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    I always play destruction on archi (even with the 1 doomfire strat since we have more than plenty dps). I just value killing adds more than padding on boss (which IMHO affli is on archi)+ the opener as destro isn't that bad at all considering you can get a shadowburn off on the first Doomfire and if you time it right, you can havoc a CB at the end of your DS on the first Doomguard
    I always found it to be Havoc Boss on pull - cleave CB from Doomfire to Boss and snipe Shadowburn on add.

Havoc Boss and cleave CB to Doomcaller.

Havoc Boss and cleave 1-3 SB from Doomcaller to Boss.

Until p2 you can just Havoc on cooldown and it's perfect.

On farm it goes a lot quicker of course...

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I always found it to be Havoc Boss on pull - cleave CB from Doomfire to Boss and snipe Shadowburn on add.

Havoc Boss and cleave CB to Doomcaller.

Havoc Boss and cleave 1-3 SB from Doomcaller to Boss.

Until p2 you can just Havoc on cooldown and it's perfect.

On farm it goes a lot quicker of course...
    pretty much. if i think about my opener, it'd be: precast inc - inc- immo - conf - havoc - Doomguard - CD's - build shit & spent CB (depending on ember gen, use 2nd conf) - Havoc cleave CB on doomfire, keep chaos bolting on boss (keep 1 ember up for shadowburn on doomfire).

Something along those lines, then yea, havoc on cd. My guild recently changed up our tactic to have everyone stacked next to the gate after the 2nd Beams. So i might even try AOEing in one of the comming weeks :P.
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    We stack on the gate after 2nd beams, it's pretty good because you pop the ring there and toss some AoE Chaos Bolts and cleave Shadowburns. Just need to be quick with AoE before the dogs spread too much. Basically it's usually two such volleys before it is not worth it anymore. We usually clean everything before the ring goes off, so Arch gets all the stacked ring damage on him.

Other than that? Just do the usual Destruction stuff and it will be good and most useful too. Should be no.1 prio add killer or at least among the top.

Quote Originally Posted by gruxxar View Post
    I get what you're saying... But .... padding on the boss.. kek
    Last edited by Soulzar; 2016-01-11 at 02:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The gear levels are so high right now that you wont have to play affliction to push phase 2. Once you learn the fight, which is the only thing that takes time, the only thing Guilds struggle on nowdays are the infernals in the last phase. Go destro.
    Former highend raider. Now highend moron

Quote Originally Posted by Locknrollen View Post
    The gear levels are so high right now that you wont have to play affliction to push phase 2. Once you learn the fight, which is the only thing that takes time, the only thing Guilds struggle on nowdays are the infernals in the last phase. Go destro.
    and carrying buyers QQ
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    Affliction can actually handle the infernals and void stars quite well. Definitely just as consistently as hunters/boomkins/destro locks can. With the amount of targets dying in the final phase, there's plenty of soul shards available for 2-3 soul swaps for each type off add spawn.

That log only shows that the other players in your raid are failing at their primary jobs. It doesn't in any way make affliction equivalent to the classes you name for infernals.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post

the only infernal spawn that matters (first set of 4) you did about 1/3 of the dmg destro could do

Yeah destro with glyph of havoc is pretty silly for infernals if a group is having trouble with them.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Aff can do a lot damage to infernals but it's still going to be weaker than well-played destro. Aff is also very hit or miss.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...one&target=271

That was one random week where I had 4 shards going into infernal wave. Obviously this is hard to replicate without butchering your boss damage.

Basically just go destro if you are having problems with infernals / tank adds, because affliction will probably not keep up on those areas.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Historically we've been great on boss damage and struggle somewhat on getting adds done; way back with heroic archi progression, we had problems with infernals and I can only assume the same will be true this go around. I think I've settled on destruction. Is glyph of havoc a good pickup on this fight regardless of the situation? Saw it mentioned up above by Bacon.