Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    People act like scrapped content is some kind of terrible, nearly illegal, satanic thing. Every movie, every TV show, and every video game features an entire duplicate of itself in cut content. It's ridiculous how rabid you all get over it in WoW.
    I can't believe I am agreeing with the person that keeps banning me ..
    O well, guess this apocalypse is finally coming this weekend.

Tortos in Throne of Thunder was a proposed boss for Firelands.

Don't act like it can't come around again somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Tortos in Throne of Thunder was a proposed boss for Firelands.

Don't act like it can't come around again somehow.
    Pandaren was ment to be in TBC as well, if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    As far as datamined stuff goes - read up on Continuous Development principles, namely the use of Deltas. Stuff is written ahead of time before implementation in the next iteration. Sometimes it doesn't get used for 10's or 100's of cycles. Alot of datamined stuff is like that - it's written, *could* be implemented, or could wind up in an iteration further down the line. Or just completely scrapped. It's just there if/when it's needed or appropriate. Don't put too much faith in datamining.

As for promises - Blizz very rarely make a promise. They'll say "this is what we want to put in", "we're working on _____", "In the next expansion our goal is ______"

In fact, anyone bashing Blizz, here's a challenge - find me a quote, with a source, from the last three years where they specifically promise something and didn't deliver on (Ponies do NOT count).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    you could probably make an entire expansion out of scraped content
    spider underground zone from wotlk that was scraped and turned into a dungeon
    quel thalanar zone from vanilla still not completed
    stormwind vault raid completed but empty
    Zul'Drak troll raid
    3 scraped islands from draenor
    vash'jir raid
    emerald dream map+zone half completed
    lore characters such as multiple gaurdians and titans that we read rumours about but never show up ingame
    fun exciting things they use to attract you to a new expansion is new dances and dance studio

all of that would equal to 1 whole expansion that would genuinely last 1-2 years
    Its also possible that this content if added when it was relevant to its respective xpac, would have given you and other players something ELSE to complain about as there are many reasons as to why it was scrapped in the first place.

(1) Developed into a different/better zone entirely
    (2) Felt disjointed or disconnected from the story/xpac
    (3) Not fun, not interesting, not engaging
    (4) not congruent thematically with wow in general
    (5) content is too similar to something already released

Personally I think blizzard needs to cut off any communication with players, except of course when specific testing, or specific feedback is required.

I don't remember this kind of back and forth between developers when say WCIII was released.

Because had they never communicated their plans with you about it, you would have nothing to be disappointed or jilted about.

Do you want to see the Vash'Jir raid?

It's pretty easy and most everyone has access to it after just completing a few little tasks.

1) Go to Kalimdore.

2) Complete all the cataclysm quests on Mount Hyjal.

3) Complete the bonus quests required to unlock the Molten Front.

4) Congrats, you're in the raid instance.

That's it.

It's not as extensive as the Ragnaros raid but it's pretty sweet, they probably made some changes to make it navigable in a 2D space - though it's questionable whether they were going to go with a 3D instance or not, boss fights with a Y-axis are terrible in general though, anyone whom played melee in the Eye of Eternity on a disk can tell you that.

Anyway, they fully repurposed the majority of the finished content. So there ya go.

People act like scrapped content is some kind of terrible, nearly illegal, satanic thing. Every movie, every TV show, and every video game features an entire duplicate of itself in cut content. It's ridiculous how rabid you all get over it in WoW.
    Yeh.... but in those examples its because the content didn't make it up to scratch or they literally had to cut it to meet a run-time. In the case of WoD sooo, soo much was cut and yet so much crap that made it in was half baked too. Its clear they just scrapped stuff due to poor time management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    Yeh.... but in those examples its because the content didn't make it up to scratch or they literally had to cut it to meet a run-time. In the case of WoD sooo, soo much was cut and yet so much crap that made it in was half baked too. Its clear they just scrapped stuff due to poor time management.
    Oh ya?

Clear as mud?

Source or its all speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now would be a great time to release a cut raid as filler like abyssal maw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, they could just release that Abyssal Maw raid as a bonus feature if it truly was finished as you guys claim. Kinda like the LotR / Hobbit films are released on DvD with extra material that wasn't in cinema release

That said: What makes you think the stuff that was scrapped would have been automatically awesome? Maybe it was not working?
    That's assuming it is finished.

LotR and Hobbit have fully developed and FX's scenes that are intentionally removed to keep the movie short with every intention of it being added in later.

Deleted
    Actually most of the scrapped content they put it back in game in some other form. Like path of titan turns into artifact weapon talents. All the raids and zones that got scrapped I am sure they made their way back in game just under different name. Even the game Titan they scrapped got turned into Qverwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Oh ya?

Clear as mud?

Source or its all speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    That's assuming it is finished.

LotR and Hobbit have fully developed and FX's scenes that are intentionally removed to keep the movie short with every intention of it being added in later.
    You're doing my work for me.

I think the point here was it's all content that could be revisited for use in a future expansion. And I can agree with the sentiment. Aren't they making use of the rest of Karazhan in Legion? And that was from Burning Crusade.

Oooh, is this the thread where we make up numbers and run around acting like they are facts? 1 expansion worth of cuts huh? Amazing!

So, you actually dislike that they cut shit from the game? You actually wanted shit that didn't work properly? Stuff that blizzard said, "This is shitty, scrap it." And you are standing there with a fork saying, "OOOooh, I love the taste of shit! Give me shit! God damn it they cut shit out of the menu! My mouth was watering for more shit!"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Oooh, is this the thread where we make up numbers and run around acting like they are facts? 1 expansion worth of cuts huh? Amazing!

So, you actually dislike that they cut shit from the game? You actually wanted shit that didn't work properly? Stuff that blizzard said, "This is shitty, scrap it." And you are standing there with a fork saying, "OOOooh, I love the taste of shit! Give me shit! God damn it they cut shit out of the menu! My mouth was watering for more shit!"
    Because WoD is prime rib, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordellan View Post
    As far as datamined stuff goes - read up on Continuous Development principles, namely the use of Deltas. Stuff is written ahead of time before implementation in the next iteration. Sometimes it doesn't get used for 10's or 100's of cycles. Alot of datamined stuff is like that - it's written, *could* be implemented, or could wind up in an iteration further down the line. Or just completely scrapped. It's just there if/when it's needed or appropriate. Don't put too much faith in datamining.

As for promises - Blizz very rarely make a promise. They'll say "this is what we want to put in", "we're working on _____", "In the next expansion our goal is ______"

In fact, anyone bashing Blizz, here's a challenge - find me a quote, with a source, from the last three years where they specifically promise something and didn't deliver on (Ponies do NOT count).
    Go back to 2004, you won't find one.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Go back to 2004, you won't find one.
    Of course not, because Blizzard is decent enough at PR to never use the word "promise". And that's all that matters to them and those who defend them. What a fucking cop out.

And it would take an expansion's worth of development time to put all of that stuff together and complete it in a playable state. And a lot of it would probably end up sub-par, since not everything gets scrapped because of time constraints. Any worthwhile creative process leaves a ton of stuff on the cutting room floor.

Ooh Sassy.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    quel thalanar zone from vanilla still not completed
    You mean Quel'Thalas, and yes it is. Its called Eversong Woods and Ghostlands, the zones which make up the kingdom of Quel'Thalas. Unless you mean that zone north of EPL and west of Ghostlands. Which, while annoyingly still marked on the map like its a zone, is just Stratholme.