Thread: Boy Meets World

Boy Meets World

So I'm re-watching this series...I absolutely loved it when I was growing up as a lot of it reflected stuff I was going through. Kinda like how a lot of Harry Potter fans grew up with Harry, I grew up with Cory, Shawn, Topenga and Eric. It's every bit as good as I remember it, except maybe a little bit more emotional and a little less funny than I remember. I just watched the episode where Cory gets his driver's license and gets caught by a speed trap with my son in my lap (it's very much a father-son episode) and it brought a tear to my eye.

I'm thinking about watching Girl Meets World since it basically has the entire cast from Boy Meets World, but I've held off out of concern that GMW is more...Disney-fied. Is GMW any good? Anyone else a fan of Boy Meets World?

I tried watching the first episode, and it felt a bit more corny. It is a show based around his daughter, with Cory playing a secondary role, so that would take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by addlemanc View Post
    I tried watching the first episode, and it felt a bit more corny. It is a show based around his daughter, with Cory playing a secondary role, so that would take some getting used to.
    Was it corny because it was overly "wholesome"? Boy Meets World tackled some heavy subjects, but on the whole it was an extremely squeaky-clean "wholesome" show. I still love it because it has a lot of heart and some really good humor. Mr. Feeny is that mentor/teacher I always wanted, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    One question. One CRITICAL question...

Is Mr. Feeny there? It's not the same without Feeny.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

15+ Year Old Account
    Feeny has appeared in GMW twice so far if I remember correctly. Once in the pilot, and then once in an episode during the current(2nd) season.

I kind of enjoy watching GMW. The little morals of every episode are there like they were in BMW. And now they are tackling current issues, such as mental problems. I'll admit, most of the reason I watch is for the original BMW members to get to do their thing again. It's nice to see where everyone ended up in life after watching them grow up. I think before the current season ends we get to see a couple more of the old timers, like Jack.

Deleted
    Omg...saw a few minutes of Girl Meets World...how do people watch this? The laughing track is used on literally anything said.

As a 90's kid, I remember watching the original show, but I really wasn't a huge fan. It was one of those "don't love it and don't hate it, but I'll watch it since nothing else I like is on right now" shows to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i rewatched the secret world of alex mack last year. you've piqued my interest on how boy meets world holds up.
    Hi