Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Do you get lucid/vivid dream, out of body experiences and sleep paralysis?

Hello fellow MMO-C people. I was wondering how many of you get some of these VERY intense awesome episodes of vivid dreams, lucid dream, sleep paralysis or out of body experiences. I get them a lot and they are really one of the most amazing thing to experience ever, especially the vivid dream and out of body experiences.

One of my most intense episode of lucid dreaming was when I could feel myself experiencing flying and knowing it was all a dream, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what flying would feel like in real life if you were to do so and I was able to experience it all because it was a dream. Then shortly after that in the same night, I started getting a conversation with my self and what I thought was my subconscious and being conscious that it was all a dream, I was able to ask him(myself) all the questions I always wanted to know (almost as if I was asking god himself). Then to my greatest disappointment, I went to test the answer after I woke up and one thing he showed me turned out to be fake, so I got pissed at my so called "sub-conscious" for either lying to me or not be the real subconscious, making me asking him questions to be fake answers and not the true source (god/sub-conscious). And then I NEVER had a vivid dream after this, with the exception of one time a while back. It pissed me off because I was having these very intense moment for weeks or months where I was getting deeper and deeper into vivid dream of all kinds and was meeting was I thought was my subconscious on a few occasions. I was also experiencing with being able to control my vivid dreams big time, trying to alter my dreams to my wishes.

Lucid dreams are like this thing where you feel like you are in a very intoxicated state, in between your conscious and dream state and although you may know it's a dream and able to see both conscious and dream at the same time, you are never fully awake, so the level of actual consciousness always vary and they can be though to control since you may wake up at any time during an episode and you also feel phased out. At least that's my experience of it, I'll be interested to hear about other people experiences too.

Then you also have the vivid dreams which are just very intense dreams that marks you but you aren't actually controlling them or are aware that it's a dream unlike in the vivid dreams. I get these ALL the time and they are amazing, pretty much way better then real life. There's this one episode where I got raped lol and I was able to understand how it feels to be raped without actually being raped in real life, I mean (to some degree of understanding, I don't pretend to know EXACTLY how it feels like) These dreams allow you to experiences things like flying, super power and just all kind of things as if you were experiencing them in real life, three's no limit. They are just about the most awesome thing to feel.

Now comes the sleep paralysis, I got those ALL the freaking god damn time too and one that GREATLY enhance them is to take melatonin which also makes anything I'm talking about more intense, prone to happen and experience. I know if I take melatonin, I am almost GUARANTEED to get a sleep paralysis episode. Which really is always about some fucking alien spying on me and trying to come and touch me. There's this one time where I was watching this video of a girl on YouTube talking about her experiences of sleep paralysis and some horrible dead fucking fetus trying to crawl on her and she posted a picture of the most hideous thing I could image, except maybe for an alien fucking fetus. Well that whole night I keep having this sleep paralysis anytime I tried to fall asleep, being fully conscious and able to feel my body but not able to wake up from the nightmare, it's fucking horrible but so fun and enjoyable in another way. Sleep paralysis are always scary though unlike all the other dream states experiences.

I also get those out of body experiences they are like a combination of lucid dreams and a vivid dreams and to some extent like sleep paralysis(sometimes but not that often). They are so freaking bizarre. I always get to feel my body in a dream state where I am conscious of what's going on but unlike a vivid dream, I experience where I actually am in the physical world, where as a vivid dream is just a dream, and that can be anything imaginable. Out of body experiences is like I get zoned out in the physical world but without my body. I get to fly out of my room and go out in the street but the bizarre part of this, is that it's never the true ACTUAL place, it just feels like it is. For instance, I'll get a out of body experience where I see my room and the room is like the room I was when I was 14 or I see myself in my older room, yet I can come out of my body and explore the entire place surrounding me and fly and cross the walls.

So yeah, those dream state are really some of the most exciting stuff I've gotten to experience in my life, I'll be very interested to hear of other people experiences with this kind of stuff.
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2016-01-08 at 07:37 PM.

Question whatever you take for granted.

Deleted
    I don't get lucid dreams often or so. But sleep paralysis I get quite often.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to get sleep paralysis, but I trained myself how to get out of it. It was quite easy to do because you aren't actually asleep.

Sleep paralysis once, and let me tell you, it's pretty terrifying when you have no idea what sleep paralysis is and all you know is there's some terrifying monster pinning you onto your bed.

I had some pretty weird experiences yesterday being sick and waking up coughing almost every hour, like my brain couldn't decide if I was still dreaming or not so it kept trying to go on with the dream even though my eyes were open, so I pulled the cover over my eyes so I'd stop getting conflicting images. I have no idea what to call that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Nope, haven't experienced any of them. I never even remember my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Sleep paralysis once, and let me tell you, it's pretty terrifying when you have no idea what sleep paralysis is and all you know is there's some terrifying monster pinning you onto your bed.

I had some pretty weird experiences yesterday being sick and waking up coughing almost every hour, like my brain couldn't decide if I was still dreaming or not so it kept trying to go on with the dream even though my eyes were open, so I pulled the cover over my eyes so I'd stop getting conflicting images. I have no idea what to call that.
    You brain was probably high on DMT that's when you dream in the physical world, its the next and last step after melatonin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    Then you also have the lucid dreams which are just very intense dreams that marks you but you aren't actually controlling them or are aware that it's a dream unlike in the vivid dreams. I get these ALL the time and they are amazing, pretty much way better then real life. There's this one episode where I got raped lol and I was able to understand how it feels to be raped without actually being raped in real life, I mean (to some degree of understanding, I don't pretend to know EXACTLY how it feels like) These dreams allow you to experiences things like flying, super power and just all kind of things as if you were experiencing them in real life, three's no limit. They are just about the most awesome thing to feel..
    Awareness of it being a dream and the ability to control it is what defined a lucid dream I thought

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Awareness of it being a dream and the ability to control it is what defined a lucid dream I thought
    Oh that's right, then I dunno what we should call the experience of just very intense dreams.

Deleted
    I used to lucid dream a lot as a teenager. All it took was thinking a LOT about something before sleeping.

I've gotten sleep paralysis three times. Second time was the most difficult but hte other times I just realized what it was and fell back to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Oh yeah, so its the other way around, vivid is just intense and lucid is ware, ty for the input.

I used to lucid dream all the time, less so now. Loved them. My test was to try and float, I would jump up, pull my knees up, and see if I could hold it in the air. If so, I knew I was dreaming. The amount of control I had over the dreamscape varied, getting less over time.

I think I have had sleep paralysis. They tend to be similar, and happen when I sleep on my back. They come in two flavours, the first is when I am laying there, unable to move, but seemingly fully aware, and an old woman comes into the room, I can see her, but not move, and she stands over my screaming in my face, then starts hitting me non stop, and there is nothing I can do. The other flavour is, once again laying on my back, this time I get the chitters and my whole body shakes uncontrollably, it feels like my teeth is going to shatter, but I cannot move. I don't if that counts as paralysis or not. Each time it is ultra real, I think I am awake.

Anyone ever had "inception", a dream within a dream? I sometimes have them, usually as nightmares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lucid dream a lot, its fun.

I have had one episode of sleep paralysis, and it was scary. Was on my couch, and a black snake appeared by my side. I wanted to scream but I couldnt, was trying to get my bf at the time to help me since he was at the computer like 5 feet away. Then I finally woke up. Super scary, also was a bit annoyed at the bf for no apparent reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could. I need more escapes from reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post

Anyone ever had "inception", a dream within a dream? I sometimes have them, usually as nightmares.
    Yep, have had those a few times too. I'll dream about me dremaing about something, then the dream me wakes up and does stuff (usually trying to save the world), before the real me finally wakes up.

I get the lucid dreaming off and on, it typically involves being able to fly. It starts as accidental, but I realize in the dream that I can control it. The other ones usually involve me being Spider-Man or Batman and actively Web slinging or using the bat grapple.

Just one or two weeks ago I had sleep paralysis for the first time. It's kinda scary not being able to move, while already being awake and "feeling" the ground shake and hear screams and some shit. I just stayed calm until I woke up for the "second" time with a gasp, because I could suddenly move, even though I actively tried to do so before.

The worst thing was being paralyzed, not the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I used to lucid dream all the time, less so now. Loved them. My test was to try and float, I would jump up, pull my knees up, and see if I could hold it in the air. If so, I knew I was dreaming. The amount of control I had over the dreamscape varied, getting less over time.

I think I have had sleep paralysis. They tend to be similar, and happen when I sleep on my back. They come in two flavours, the first is when I am laying there, unable to move, but seemingly fully aware, and an old woman comes into the room, I can see her, but not move, and she stands over my screaming in my face, then starts hitting me non stop, and there is nothing I can do. The other flavour is, once again laying on my back, this time I get the chitters and my whole body shakes uncontrollably, it feels like my teeth is going to shatter, but I cannot move. I don't if that counts as paralysis or not. Each time it is ultra real, I think I am awake.

Nice one! Haha yes! I get dreams within a dreams sometimes too but not quite often, that's also messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I get the lucid dreaming off and on, it typically involves being able to fly. It starts as accidental, but I realize in the dream that I can control it. The other ones usually involve me being Spider-Man or Batman and actively Web slinging or using the bat grapple.
    I often have the web slinging and bat grapple in them too. Or I just fly. Sometimes I can't fly, only levitate for short periods, in these cases I swing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have a lucid dream every other month or so. It is kinda like Grand Theft Auto lol. I am aware I am in a dream and it is my playground.
    I also have what I would call "prophetic" dreams or "Psychic" dreams a couple times a month where a series of things happen that are examples of the following day. They only show similar things that happen over the next 24 hours. I am never able to change anything but as the day unfolds after each event I remember the like instance from the night before. The best example I can remember is in part of a dream I was fighting off what seemed like zombies who were trying to get over this massive wall, there were bodies everywhere. Much of the following day I was like WTF, that night I got home and didn't feel like gaming so I said heck with it and watched the first episode of Game of Thrones. People I knew said they had watched it and I wanted to see what the hype was all about. The reference from my dream quickly became evident while watching lol.
    It happens a few times a month like I said. It is not helpful but is certainly interesting.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

7+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought this was going to be pharmaceutical spam.