Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Last time i "seriously" raided was in WotLK when we had a group with few guys i knew from irl + internet friends and few randoms which we recruited. Completed Naxxramas, ToGC, and wiped few times on Lich King. I can't say i really enjoyed it. Only times it felt good was when i got loot. I wanted those bosses to die just to get some loot. When some underperforming idiot recruit got loot, i just got frustrated. Lower level difficulty raiding is never really that hard, we had players who instead of running away from ToGC yeti boss charge, run intentionally straight into it, and still managed to clear the raid.

I started to run LFR on ToT. Now i've run HFC LFR only 5 times for legendary meh ring and i definitely don't want more of it. Hopefully in legion even casual baddies like me are not "forced" to run raids in any form. But knowing blizzard, i'm sure that you simply can't "finish" your artifact without raiding.

TL;DR: raiding is not for everyone and blizzard will never understand it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Actually I would arrive at a different TLDR - and I would start with: Why did you even pursue the legendary ring? I mean, if it is JUST for having it, you get the ilv 640 version from doing a quest in Skyreach. Everything else is your choice, especially if you hate raiding.
    Yes, i understand why you ask that. But legendary quest chain (with garrison weekly story quests) is actually the main story of the expansion. I'd like to experience it. Though in the end it was really stupid...

I don't have that bad memories about ToT LFR though. I don't know why, maybe it was the rewards again. Tier sets, trinkets etc., only lower ilvl. Imho LFR fights should be like dungeon ones, only few mechanics, but very important. 10 small mechanics (which actually do not make anything when degraded to LFR version) are not interesting in any way. Durumu LFR was actually almost nice when everyone knew what to do.

Deleted
    Yes, it is a "I don't like PvE/Raiding" thread but that's no reason to attack him for that. It's a valid point of discussion. One can say "I don't like it for those reasons" and go on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    OP, if you're thinking that LFR=Casuals... You could not be more wrong.

If you are not into raiding but still want to see the contents of raids, then LFR is the place for you.
    If you have the time and energy to get into Normal/HC/Mythic raiding, then you go in at your own risk.

LFR is the fastest and easiest way to be done with it.
    You don't see the content in LFR because a lot of what makes Raiding Raiding is the mechanics of bosses and those either don't exist or can be ignored there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who could blame you?

I used to really enjoy raiding because I wanted all the loot and to top the meters. Now to me, raiding is just waiting for everyone else to stop fucking up; I don't have a lot of time for that, or at least it's not how I enjoy spending my time. Where I used to just eat sleep and play wow repeat it was fine to waste that much time on a video game. But now that I have more important things to do I can't even enjoy raiding.

So I don't and really that's okay and i don't think you are missing much. if you are that concerned about it, you could always save your gold and buy a carry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    raiding is just waiting for everyone else to stop fucking up
    Trying to prevent them from doing badly can be also a game. Some people go into raid leading for that reason. It's a skill.

Deleted
    I'd agree with a lot of people in this thread , if I didnt raid with my guild and had to pug all the time , i probably wouldnt even play the game tbh. Its raiding with a group of friends / guildies that makes this game for me

7+ Year Old Account
    Heroic ???? Get into Mythic if u wanna do something fun and challenging.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends what you are as a person. If you want to succeed with extreme strategies and discussions, join a top-end raiding guild and prove your worth. This requires though as well you put the time in. If it's not up to you, find a social guild or semi-casual guild and do bosses with them. Raiding is more fun with people you like.

I've been raiding for 11 and a half years now, from pretty insane hardcore now to more semi-casual. Once I went more semi-casual due to not able to commit the time anymore, it took me about 15 guilds and various server hops to find the right guild for me that I enjoy my time with. I've now been with them for nearly 2 and a half years and while it had it's ups and downs, particularly from me wanting to raid more serious, the time I spent with them does not feel wasted. So it may take some time to find the right guild for you, but not every spoon fits in every cup. It takes time and dedication. Choose what you want to do and go from there.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are happy with other aspects of the game there is no need to go into raiding if you don't feel like it. LFR should be enough to see the story. For example I personally hate PvP and avoid it even tho it's still quite big part of WoW content. I don't even try to get into it because I just don't feel like it.

There are many aspects of raiding people can potentially like but I don't think it's something you can learn to like. You either do or you don't. I mean if someone doesn't like vanilla ice-cream there isn't really point to try to learn to like it

There is also one important thing. Raiding is highly cooperative. The enjoyment of raiding is really strongly connected to the people you raid with. There are many raiding attitudes and all have a place as long as you raid with people with similar goals. There are huge differences about how serious people take raiding. There are guilds that are extremely hardcore and value progression more than any in guild friendships, there are guilds who just can't go around without everyone in guild being close friends, there are guilds who hardly care about killing bosses but enjoy getting drunk together and having fun from acting dumb. The whole trick is to find a group that fits the personal expectations of an individual. The worse thing that happens is when some people in the guild don't fit with the expectations, attitude and performance of the majority. That only leads to tentions and often ends with some drama and guild quitting. After all raiding is something people do in their spare time and there is nothing worse that the feeling that people you raid with are wasting that time. So if it happens that someone in the group doesn't get raiding and more often doesn't want to get it, it's a problem for everyone cause others are irritaited at them for not carying enough while that person will eventually be irritated that people start blaming them for stuff.

Possibly it might be the case that you just haven't found the right group to raid with but then again it's difficult even for those who enjoy raiding. It's case of luck really. If you are lucky enough and just find a proper group that fits you, you might start enjoying raiding. But if you can't care abotu raiding in the first place dunno if it's worth to put in the effort. Especially, if you already enjoy other aspects of the game to be happy with it.

Deleted
    People I still talk to 8 years later were people I met in a raiding guild. We still talk, play games and chat together. Raiding as a guild, even if its only 2-3 days a week is some of the best content in the game. It's a totally different experience to LFR and pugging.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2016-01-10 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy raiding because of the people I raid with. There are a multitude of reasons why someone wouldn't like raiding, they think it isn't difficult, they don't like the grind, they don't enjoy the scripted mechanics, the same thing over and over, but at the end of the day, I enjoy raiding because I'm killing big bads with friends who like to do the same thing.

Raiding isn't for everyone, and people raid for different reasons. Some people raid to get loot, but loot is just the tool that allows progression, and is the cherry on top when you get that upgrade that you needed. People raid to experience the content, which is what LFR is in place for. Back when the most casual fan of WoW couldn't experience Onyxia or MC, Blizzard felt that if people wanted like a "story mode" of the game, then they should have an option to play that way.

Raiding as a collected team, communicating and solving out problems, and raiding as a guild is just what I feel WoW is about, from a multitude of characters all the way back to Vanilla, all I ever did seriously in the game was the raiding content, and no matter what people say about it being less epic, dumbed down, easier or all of that, I simply just enjoy the experience and the content that Blizzard has provided. I believe raid content is only getting better, I loved BC, Wrath, didnt play cata, MoP raiding was great fun, and WoD raiding has been enjoyable too. Legion looks promising with it's raid content, and I'll be there to play it.
    Currently Procrastinating

Progression raiding with a guild and pugging with random people are very different experiences. The former can be very fun and rewarding if you are playing with people you like and have similar skills and mindset as you do. I only raid twice a week for six hours total but it's usually something I look forward to doing at the end of the day. A good portion of that is due to the people I raid with.

The key to enjoying raiding is to find people you enjoy playing with and overcoming a challenge as a team, and all that feelgood that happens as a result. That's what makes raiding, it's about teamwork and social.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    I don't see the problem with LFR. Personally i don't have the time or inclination for real raiding but I frequently have a lot of fun doing the occasional LFR.

I get its not for everyone but I like the total chaos of a large group of people just charging towards a boss shouting 'get him'. Plus its always funny when some guy who thinks hes better than everyone else gets annoyed at us 'casuals' throws a hissy fit then leaves. Leaving the rest of us to laugh.

If on the other hand you want to raid properly then as people have said you need to find a group of people whose company you enjoy enough to face spending several hours at a time with them. Lots of people on wow, should be possible.

Lots of different ways to enjoy this game, thats why I still play it.

All the interests listed by the OP are solo activities that he/she can do without being good at dps/healing/tanking. Those interests doesn't require one to be good at those things so it's a fun solo adventure.

Edit: not insinuating anything except they enjoy solo play.
    Last edited by Aimbot1; 2016-01-11 at 12:35 AM.

Maybe your Raid Guild or LFR differs than what you want. I am in a VERY casual guild plugging away on HMs (8-13), but i'll be damned if have the raid isn't drunk off there ass having a blast laughing and enjoying the game for what it is. I used to raid HC (Top 100 World) back in T7-11, and yea, it was usually more stress than fun. If you take the stress out of it, and be happy with the people you are around, rather than the pixels, you might find yourself enjoying raiding more.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfat View Post
    Raiding is only fun if you have a good raid team to do it with.

/thread
    Basically...and pugging will feel like torture.

For any kind of players who always have invested alot of time into the game, "casuals" these days is mostly the raidlogging hc raiders, who have "no interrest" in anything but raid/garrisnooze.

Raiding is a social experience. If the first experience people have with raiding is LFR, I can't blame them for not liking it.

I honestly have no clue why people find raiding fun in PUGs, no clue. Raiding for me is fun as a team activity with a common goal and it's the only reason worth playing this game. It's like a basketball or bowling games with friends every week.

In other words, raid with a guild if you want to have fun, one on same level as you and where you enjoy yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oo0 View Post
    That sounds fun as hell. I'm a very competitive person at heart that's why I always loved PvP in WoW and other games. Maybe I just have to find a really hardcore guild and see raiding as more of a social activity.

It's true that I only did LFG stuff and no joke, I wanted to die. Sitting there just doing my stupid scripted rotation, no one to talk to, having to trust people I've never played with before. It was just horrible.

Basically you're saying I'm a casual, you're completely wrong. Like I said, I do every other activity in this game and I'm GOOD at them and I spend a lot of time doing them. I feel like you're being extremely passive aggressive for no reason..
    get friends... move up with those friends to the top of your regions raiding... then see what you think... Mythic progression with the top 5-20 guilds of your region is far far far far different than what you've experienced.