Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    The HoT event stuff. Want the glassword skin from the third map? Do the events for an half hour and then wait the next 1 1/2 without changing the map or going offline or what ever to get the leystones for the keys.

Fucking awesome if you have an hour to play but you can´t archive anything during that time because META EVEEEENTS!

-I disliked the massive emphasis on dodging. If you don't know the encounters backwards and forwards in six languages and have professional CS:GO player twitch reflexes, you just immediately die because there isn't enough stamina to dodge if you don't do it PERFECTLY.
    -I disliked the fact that skills are tied to weapons. I don't like most weapons; why are the cool and/or useful skills attached to stupid weapons?
    -I dislike how the endgame grind has no real rewards. While I enjoy a challenge for its own sake (or certainly for the sake of narrative), most people need a shiny loot. The rewards from max-level group content aren't that great (or even look that great, since stats cap out at max level), and coupled with the dodging above are often stupidly hard.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    getting the machined gear isnt even THAT hard to begin with, at most just buy two rare reclaimed weapon skins and you get an ascended weapon for little effort.
    The Plated gear is 2-3 metal plates. That unlocks the Machined collection for the same item. So a couple plates got me Plated Shield, combine that with an Auric item, Airship item and leyline item for 250 of each zone currency, and a Charged Shield Backing which is made from an Oiled shield boss charged at a commune spot in Magus Falls (I originally thought it was Dragons Stand), and lastly a Machined Shield Backing (found in noxious pods in Dragons Stand, random drop, account bound).

The Plated gear, meh, the charged piece, meh, the machined backing from a pod is a little irksome but workable.

But, requiring the three items for 250 tokens each, while Horologicus itself ALSO requires 300 airship? irritating.
    Also, Masteries requires for Horologicus, Stealth Gliding (Gliding-4), Exalted Gathering (Exalted-6), Nuhock Stealth Detection (Nuhock-4) and Itzel-2 to buy the part, but that's not a big deal.

It's just too grindy, especially for a shield that's cool, but no earth shattering legendary or anything. It doesn't even move!
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Underwater combat. I love GW2 but I hate underwater combat.
    I actually really like what they have done for underwater combat, no other game has made me enjoy being in the water as much as guild wars II, if we be fair and compare it to WoW, its miles ahead

Cosmetics require grinding devs stated they didn't like or want. Content has gone from bountiful and frequent to bi-annual chunks, leaving much more time with no content to nibble at; not including the massive grinding needed in order to unlock a majority of the end-game cosmetics.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing game for new players, and you'll have content for years to come at this rate. But for someone who's been here since the beta weekends, the grinding has ground me down, and they seem to be exacerbating it with putting more effort into the gem store, black lion weapon skins (often better then anything you can craft or find, cosmetic wise), and the obscene holiday minis/skins that cost hundreds or thousands of gold in raw mats.

Fix the obscene hoops for a single armor/weapon skin, and I'll definitely play 10x what I do now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    I actually really like what they have done for underwater combat, no other game has made me enjoy being in the water as much as guild wars II, if we be fair and compare it to WoW, its miles ahead
    I liked underwater well enough, but it varied by class quite a lot.

- The dungeon reward nerf, which basically rendered them obsolete content. Sucks for any new players wanting to farm the skins or (heaven forbid) Dungeon Master. Sure, they could farm those skins via sPvP, but that's a whole other can of fucked up right now.

- The reliance of meta events as reward structure in HoT. Not on at just the right time and only have 30-45 mins to play? Too bad, you're SOL.

So yeah, HoT pretty much fucked everything up, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    The reliance of meta events as reward structure in HoT. Not on at just the right time and only have 30-45 mins to play? Too bad, you're SOL.
    I gotta agree with this one, though I don't really have a better answer as to how to do it. If you're on at unpopular hours, it seems almost pointless to play in HoT areas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    - The reliance of meta events as reward structure in HoT. Not on at just the right time and only have 30-45 mins to play? Too bad, you're SOL.
    Agree with this.

Still haven't completed Dragon's Stand meta event. Not only are you waiting around hours to find one, you have to play taxi roulette to get into it, then the entire event takes over an hour, then there's a chance of failing at the end. Only times I even found a populated map, we failed at the end of I simply had to go cause I had other shit to do and couldn't sit down and play for 2 hours solid.

Feels like having collections that require things from vendors that only turn up after the event is completed is going against the very nature of collections. I play the game casually, how am I meant to complete collections if i have to log on in peak times and dedicated 2-3 hours just to get one item? I got all the WoW heroic bosses down only playing 5 hours a week, why do I need to play 15+ hours of GW2 just to complete a cosmetic item collection?

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Agree with this.

Still haven't completed Dragon's Stand meta event. Not only are you waiting around hours to find one, you have to play taxi roulette to get into it, then the entire event takes over an hour, then there's a chance of failing at the end. Only times I even found a populated map, we failed at the end of I simply had to go cause I had other shit to do and couldn't sit down and play for 2 hours solid.
    I've done DS like 5 times now I think, organized, without a failure. Twice now, the end part before the islands, with the three healers. My circle would complete, we'd be circling for eternity while one of the other two failed and had to reorganize, and then the other would go to help them but lose their own circle, so then they'd shift to the other one. One time, I was literally running in circles for like 15 minutes or so. Just so tedious, it's unbelievable that THIS is a zone design for their expansion. I don't go unless I really feel like taking an hour or so of just keyboard killing grinding.

Tangled Depths has a very tight margin of error. When I completed it and the chest didn't give me the Revenant item, I sent in a ticket and after a bit of discussion they gave it to me. They told me to just try the event again, but that was the only success I'd had after many attempts, which they eventually agreed with and gave it to me.

No one even tries in Verdant anymore, and adding the raiders waiting around on top of things, it's just pointless.

So yeah, out of the meta events, only Auric Basin has one that is easy enough to understand, forgiving enough to give some leeway, and has rewards folks are willing to invest time in.

Deleted
    For gameplay wise the game is fine. Problem is the endgame stuff. Once you reach max level all left for you to do is the daily grind. Which to be maximized should take you through a set of max level alts.

And after hours upon hours of grind you realize you did it for pure aesthetics. No extra power, no actual achievment, no adversity beaten. Only a new glow / backpack / glider / whatever. Which will (sooner than you might think) feel old and not so unique. So you grind again for that new set of glows.... and so on and so forth.

Fashion Wars 2. Nothing wrong with having skins be a huge part of the game, but when I spend a few months grinding out Sunrise only to get it and have the only differences being cosmetic, it feels sort of lame. Love it or hate it, the gear treadmill feels pretty good. Just look at D3. Notice how the first week or two of a season is swarmed by almost everyone on your b.net friendslist, then the second the gear treadmill slows down to a crawl everyone bounces.

Also the p2w aspect. This I really hate. And yeah, sure, bla bla, you don't have to buy anything. Yes, but the fact that the option is there, means a shit ton of people will. You can spend £8 to get 200g, or you can spend like 2 weeks in silverwastes. Instantaneous, or 2 week long repetitive grind. It just waters down literally everything. Again, I craft Sunrise after 3 months or so of work, some dubai prince comes along and buys it for £200 IRL cash. It sucks.

p2w is what ruined Runescape3 as well. You can hit 70 defence, and instead of teaming up or going and soloing bosses for a few weeks to gear up to do harder bosses, you can just pay £4.50 (or whatever it is) and get 8 million cash. Full set of level 70 gear was like 4million IIRC. You just skipped weeks of work. Want a OP level 80 bow that uses no arrows and will one shot everything below level 120? Buy a few £4.50 bonds and get 30 mil cash. You've now got a Zaryte bow. You won't replace that for literally months upon months upon months. And guess what? The thing you can replace it with is also buyable with IRL cash. Just a lot more, like £150.

p2w just crushes games. Need I remind you all of vanilla Diablo 3? Hit 70, get your credit card out, be the best geared character on the planet if you've got a big enough bank account. This p2w shit has come to WoW in the form of WoW Tokens, and while it does completely destroy any value of gold mounts like the Pack Yak or the tabard of Lightbringer, you can't just enter your credit card details into the Auction house and buy a rank 1 title, for example.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2016-01-23 at 10:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The Plated gear is 2-3 metal plates. That unlocks the Machined collection for the same item. So a couple plates got me Plated Shield, combine that with an Auric item, Airship item and leyline item for 250 of each zone currency, and a Charged Shield Backing which is made from an Oiled shield boss charged at a commune spot in Magus Falls (I originally thought it was Dragons Stand), and lastly a Machined Shield Backing (found in noxious pods in Dragons Stand, random drop, account bound).

The Plated gear, meh, the charged piece, meh, the machined backing from a pod is a little irksome but workable.

But, requiring the three items for 250 tokens each, while Horologicus itself ALSO requires 300 airship? irritating.
    Also, Masteries requires for Horologicus, Stealth Gliding (Gliding-4), Exalted Gathering (Exalted-6), Nuhock Stealth Detection (Nuhock-4) and Itzel-2 to buy the part, but that's not a big deal.

It's just too grindy, especially for a shield that's cool, but no earth shattering legendary or anything. It doesn't even move!
    300 irritating? dude it isnt even that hard to get a huge ammount of currencies, you can spam hero points for 10 currencies PER hp in HoT + a full Tier clear of the map yields you around that ammount, and if you do DS you'll get around +10% and have guild buff you'll get more too, consider that it is ascended gear to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Fashion Wars 2. Nothing wrong with having skins be a huge part of the game, but when I spend a few months grinding out Sunrise only to get it and have the only differences being cosmetic, it feels sort of lame. Love it or hate it, the gear treadmill feels pretty good. Just look at D3. Notice how the first week or two of a season is swarmed by almost everyone on your b.net friendslist, then the second the gear treadmill slows down to a crawl everyone bounces.

Also the p2w aspect. This I really hate. And yeah, sure, bla bla, you don't have to buy anything. Yes, but the fact that the option is there, means a shit ton of people will. You can spend £8 to get 200g, or you can spend like 2 weeks in silverwastes. Instantaneous, or 2 week long repetitive grind. It just waters down literally everything. Again, I craft Sunrise after 3 months or so of work, some dubai prince comes along and buys it for £200 IRL cash. It sucks.

p2w is what ruined Runescape3 as well. You can hit 70 defence, and instead of teaming up or going and soloing bosses for a few weeks to gear up to do harder bosses, you can just pay £4.50 (or whatever it is) and get 8 million cash. Full set of level 70 gear was like 4million IIRC. You just skipped weeks of work. Want a OP level 80 bow that uses no arrows and will one shot everything below level 120? Buy a few £4.50 bonds and get 30 mil cash. You've now got a Zaryte bow. You won't replace that for literally months upon months upon months. And guess what? The thing you can replace it with is also buyable with IRL cash. Just a lot more, like £150.

p2w just crushes games. Need I remind you all of vanilla Diablo 3? Hit 70, get your credit card out, be the best geared character on the planet if you've got a big enough bank account. This p2w shit has come to WoW in the form of WoW Tokens, and while it does completely destroy any value of gold mounts like the Pack Yak or the tabard of Lightbringer, you can't just enter your credit card details into the Auction house and buy a rank 1 title, for example.
    Please oh please tell me what power you can get with bucks? you could get a legendary for like 200 bucks... which is the same power as ascended to begin with (and it's less hassling to begin with nowadays), compare that to other mmo's where you can straight buy raiding gear (in a game where gear threadmill is real) or sell game time for in game gold and get raiding items, sounds a bit more p2w to me instead.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2016-01-24 at 12:50 AM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

300 irritating? dude it isnt even that hard to get a huge ammount of currencies, you can spam hero points for 10 currencies PER hp in HoT + a full Tier clear of the map yields you around that ammount, and if you do DS you'll get around +10% and have guild buff you'll get more too, consider that it is ascended gear to begin with.
    Or my weaponsmith could just make me an ascended shield, not sure why that makes a difference? The Plated gear isn't ascended in any case, just Horologicus. I'd rather have just had an exotic horologicus for less trouble.

And yes, you can do some repetitive events and stuff each day to get the currencies, that's what I mean by "grind". It's not fun, it's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    Cosmetics require grinding devs stated they didn't like or want. Content has gone from bountiful and frequent to bi-annual chunks, leaving much more time with no content to nibble at; not including the massive grinding needed in order to unlock a majority of the end-game cosmetics.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing game for new players, and you'll have content for years to come at this rate. But for someone who's been here since the beta weekends, the grinding has ground me down, and they seem to be exacerbating it with putting more effort into the gem store, black lion weapon skins (often better then anything you can craft or find, cosmetic wise), and the obscene holiday minis/skins that cost hundreds or thousands of gold in raw mats.

Fix the obscene hoops for a single armor/weapon skin, and I'll definitely play 10x what I do now.
    Theirs a difference between grinding for cosmetics and grinding to stay relevant in Raids and PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds are terrible. The entire guild system feels half assed now. Its just a massive resource dump that erased 3 years of guild upgrades. Also owned a guild without buying HoT then you lost just about everything. Come to think of it, you need HoT to use just about any guild feature now, can't even use one of your guild's buffs.

The game should've had a system for guild alliances at launch, now almost everything is in place for alliances and we still don't have them.

Guild halls are half assed. The actually halls look very nice but everything else about them sucks. Again, massive resource dumps for little return. They could have at least thrown in actual bank and crafting vendors (I know you can access your bank from the Scribe table and partially through the guild bank vendor but why not just give us the proper vendors). Only hardcore enthusiast bother decorating their hall since its ridiculously expensive to get decorations for the hall. Arenas are cool have been broke for some time (can't place traps/obstacles). The entire thing feels tacked on.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Or my weaponsmith could just make me an ascended shield, not sure why that makes a difference? The Plated gear isn't ascended in any case, just Horologicus. I'd rather have just had an exotic horologicus for less trouble.

And yes, you can do some repetitive events and stuff each day to get the currencies, that's what I mean by "grind". It's not fun, it's work.
    the time/gold you take to craft asc gear is far higher than the one you take by doing the plated gear asc questline, plus, by doing metas you earn a fuckton of currency.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Ascended shield takes 9 total Ascended mats to make iirc, so you're still dodging what is at least a 70g charge by going for Horologicus rather than an ascended piece.

Map currencies as a barrier is kind of an odd one IMO. I haven't really touched TD too much yet as I've been focusing on PvP, but you get loaded with Airship Parts in VB, and an AB run from start to finish gives you more Aurillium than you need to buy enough keys to open every single chest on the treasury run. Just chasing Mastery points should get you a pretty significant amount of those materials.

the time/gold you take to craft asc gear is far higher than the one you take by doing the plated gear asc questline, plus, by doing metas you earn a fuckton of currency.
    Provided the prefixes available to your legendary are the ones you want. Of the ones on Horologicus the only one that I think is marginally meta is Berserker's, but I would figure one with Concentration and filled with other offensive stats would be best, possibly Commander's.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2016-01-25 at 03:47 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

The time/ gold that you earn doing whatever you want while playing the game is far lower than the required grinding of specific resources in order to gain a limited-stat ascended in many ways that matter to me, hence why I posted this as my opinion in "for you, what is the worst gameplay aspect". For me, teh collection system is flawed and requires a lot of garbage that just makes earning stuff work, rather than fun. Not sure how else to explain it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Ascended shield takes 9 total Ascended mats to make iirc, so you're still dodging what is at least a 70g charge by going for Horologicus rather than an ascended piece.
    Again, I'd rather have had it be less work for an Exotic Horologicus, or for this work, gotten a Horologicus with more effects/ moving parts. The steam shield from basic spins, but Horologicus does nothing.

Map currencies as a barrier is kind of an odd one IMO. I haven't really touched TD too much yet as I've been focusing on PvP, but you get loaded with Airship Parts in VB, and an AB run from start to finish gives you more Aurillium than you need to buy enough keys to open every single chest on the treasury run. Just chasing Mastery points should get you a pretty significant amount of those materials.
    VB gave so much, I had plenty, though of course you need all these currencies for the backpacks too. Not sure how it is now since I don't see the Night Bosses getting fought other than the one. AB has a good chance of working, TD is just a mess with very little margin of error. They do reward more for failure now, but that seems a bit backward.

Plus the DS stuff too. You're required to grind in each zone. I did get the DS item that lets you convert currencies, but 25 for 10 is a bit harsh too.