Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I guess its fine to see it that way if you are antispanking and want to over react. Its not about bragging about hitting kids. Its saying that if you lie, you should be held accountable for it, whether you are 5 or 60.
    This is absurd, because a 60 year old and a 5 year old are drastically different in their cognitive development. A 60 year old that acts like a 5 year old, would be considered severely mentally disabled or suffering from dementia. Children are not little adults...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

No one is saying to spank the kids for everything. And kids do know what cause and effect is. If the child doesn't not respond to any other form of discipline, spanking is used as a last resort and it usually works.

"You are advocating spanking of those who believe in Santa and the tooth fairy for lying..." I don't recall him saying that. Don't put words into other peoples mouth.
    Cruz didn't qualify it. He said if you lie, you get spanked. Pretty cut and dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is saying to spank the kids for everything. And kids do know what cause and effect is. If the child doesn't not respond to any other form of discipline, spanking is used as a last resort and it usually works.

"You are advocating spanking of those who believe in Santa and the tooth fairy for lying..." I don't recall him saying that. Don't put words into other peoples mouth.
    They do not by just about every metric. As I said, I am pointing at Piaget's stages of child development, not some assumption. I'm not putting words in his moth, but using an example of what 5 year olds believe in, to show they don't see a differance between imagination and lying. Do you spank the kid for saying their imaginary friend told them it's true?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is absurd, because a 60 year old and a 5 year old are drastically different in their cognitive development. A 60 year old that acts like a 5 year old, would be considered severely mentally disabled or suffering from dementia. Children are not little adults...
    I don't know what youre arguing here. He was talking about "spanking" Hillary for lying. I said 5 or 60 because I don't know how old Hillary is so I just went with 60. Hes saying that if she lies, she should be held accountable for it. I don't care about your views on spanking. All he was trying to say is that if you lie, you should be held accountable for it. If you want to read too far into it, go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Cruz didn't qualify it. He said if you lie, you get spanked. Pretty cut and dry.
    Yup. Im 100% sure that he wants to literally spank Hillary.

- - - Updated - - -

They do not by just about every metric. As I said, I am pointing at Piaget's stages of child development, not some assumption. I'm not putting words in his moth, but using an example of what 5 year olds believe in, to show they don't see a differance between imagination and lying. Do you spank the kid for saying their imaginary friend told them it's true?
    If kids don't see cause and effect, why do we punish them at all? Why don't we just let them run around and do whatever if they don't listen to us? And know you don't spank the kid for an imaginary friend because that's harmless. But if u see him push a kid down and then he tells u he didn't do it, you punish him. You try all the other methods but if he goes around still pushing kids down, you spank him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or he's saying that he wants to be spanked...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what youre arguing here. He was talking about "spanking" Hillary for lying. I said 5 or 60 because I don't know how old Hillary is so I just went with 60. Hes saying that if she lies, she should be held accountable for it. I don't care about your views on spanking. All he was trying to say is that if you lie, you should be held accountable for it. If you want to read too far into it, go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. I'm 100% sure that he wants to literally spank Hillary.
    This. Again, this is logic.

People are confusing me. Do they -actually- think Cruz meant PSYCHICALLY spanking?

That is lol-worthy if anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    He is under the impression children are just little adults. Completley ignoring what it means for an adult to have the mental capacity of a 5 year old. You don't even need to have any understanding of child development to understand what that means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I myself am not for Hillary becoming president, I'd much rather have Sanders or even Carson, but Ted Cruz is a bit of a weirdo making this statement.
    Carson?! I hope you're joking. I ficus plant would make a better president. At least the plant can't appoint new judges to the higher courts. Congress would get to make the laws themselves though, since FotUS can't actively veto any bills, they'd become law after ten days.

He is under the impression children are just little adults. Completley ignoring what it means for an adult to have the mental capacity of a 5 year old. You don't even need to have any understanding of child development to understand what that means.
    Where did I say children are little adults? What are you talking about an adult having the mental capacity of a 5 year old? Im talking about the quote in the OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    Carson?! I hope you're joking. I ficus plant would make a better president. At least the plant can't appoint new judges to the higher courts. Congress would get to make the laws themselves though, since FotUS can't actively veto any bills, they'd become law after ten days.
    Actually, the most confusing thing about his post was saying he would rather have Sanders (D) or Carson (R) as president in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    This. Again, this is logic.

People are confusing me. Do they -actually- think Cruz meant PSYCHICALLY spanking?

That is lol-worthy if anything.
    Ya I don't know why I even "Debate" here anymore. Apparently I beat kids for having imaginary friends and I am advocating literally spanking Hillary. I learn new things about myself everytime I post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ya I don't know why I even "Debate" here anymore. Apparently I beat kids for having imaginary friends and I am advocating literally spanking Hillary. I learn new things about myself everytime I post.
    I feel like somebody should make a thread stating a list a thing they learned about themselves based on what other mmo-c posters have said.

It would be amusing, but likely shut down fast.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

If kids don't see cause and effect, why do we punish them at all? Why don't we just let them run around and do whatever if they don't listen to us? And know you don't spank the kid for an imaginary friend because that's harmless. But if u see him push a kid down and then he tells u he didn't do it, you punish him. You try all the other methods but if he goes around still pushing kids down, you spank him.
    I'm 100% sure you don't understand the argument you're attempting to make. You're going back and forth between separate arguments and becoming confused by it. My reply was to you regarding exactly what I quoted you as saying; the frequency of spankings and it being a last resort. When it comes to Cruz and his discipline he doesn't seem to make that distinction

Hopefully you're all caught up now.

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

It's closer to 30% R/D with 40% independents but there you go. If you take the leans R/D column his numbers weren't that far off.
    That does not say anything about gaining voters for dropping Benghazi. Maybe you should understand the argument before you start linking things with no relevance.

I feel like somebody should make a thread stating a list a thing they learned about themselves based on what other mmo-c posters have said.

Ya I would have a lot of fun with that thread.

10+ Year Old Account

Yea... turns out I'm a "gaywad". I would have never known without the helpful forum posters. Only question now is how I'm going to break the news to my parents and girlfriend.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

/yaaaawn
    more heresy from a greasy texan used car salesman who somehow became a senator.

I'm 100% sure you don't understand the argument you're attempting to make. You're going back and forth between separate arguments and becoming confused by it. My reply was to you regarding exactly what I quoted you as saying; the frequency of spankings and it being a last resort. When it comes to Cruz and his discipline he doesn't seem to make that distinction

Hopefully you're all caught up now.
    I don't understand my own argument? Ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Yea... turns out I'm a "gaywad". I would have never known without the helpful forum posters. Only question now is how I'm going to break the news to my parents and girlfriend.
    Damn dude. Better than being a child beater I guess.

Again, there are separate arguments occurring. Like when people ask others whether they are anti-spanking or not and try and tie it in to the original discussion. Remember that?

It's kinda weird you don't even recognize you're having separate discussions...

This seems like the perfect time for some politically fueled photoshops. Call to all of you talented people out there, get to shoppin the photos.