Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yup.
    IN a way, Islam is a few centuries behind Christianity.
    Christianity had centuries of unity under Catholicism, and say what you will about its willingness to do absolutely anything to retain power, the benefit was stability for a long time and Europe as a whole did find progress and advancement.

We did catch a ever so brief glimpse of a Golden Age of Islam A pity...
    Islam was never reformed as opossed to christianity that literally had the reformation that was the basis of modern democratic countries. USA and it's democratic values could have never existed w/o reformats/protestants from Europe. They even had notions like freedom of religion in US when people in Europe couldn't even imagine it and most islamists country can't even today!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Pan View Post
    England isn't even europe
    I'm taking about England because I haven't visited every area of Europe so can't comment on there

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    It's in the culture. The religion plays a huge part in that culture.
    So does that mean abusing children is christian culture?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yup.
    IN a way, Islam is a few centuries behind Christianity.
    Christianity had centuries of unity under Catholicism, and say what you will about its willingness to do absolutely anything to retain power, the benefit was stability for a long time and Europe as a whole did find progress and advancement.

We did catch a ever so brief glimpse of a Golden Age of Islam A pity...
    I wouldn't call the Dark Ages either stable, or advancing; it was hundreds of years of regression and in-fighting. If anything, it was the reformation and loss of the Church's power that actually let Europe progress and move on.

Deleted
    Liberals are the issue left winged people thats the main issue get rid of them then get rid off the immigrants they are not refugees

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    Islamists are the minority when it comes to muslims in Europe. Majority of muslims are non-practicing, so are not islamists. Islamists are muslims that active practice islam so they obey the teaching of Quaran and visit the Mosque once per week.

People who think islamists speak for the whole or even majority of muslims in Europe are biased and only do so to capitalize on political gain.
    It really is not about religion. Even those not religious muslims will band up with islamists because:

1) They will live in poverty
    2) They will not be tolerated by the society (terrorist stigma etc.)
    3) They will not asimilate
    4) With time they will grow desperate and in a country/culture alien to them they will "drift" towards extremism because it's still closer to their culture than the country they live in

IMO the only way to stop it is to make them asimilate - mandatory language / culture courses with exam in the end. Can't pass it? Deportation. Obligation to have a job 1 year after entering the country. If can't find a job then some government public service for minimal wage. Can't find job or not doing well enough in public service? Deportation. First criminal offence - deportation. But that's something you can do only with immigrants who have registered.

The real problem are the ones who are not registered.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So does that mean abusing children is christian culture?
    My spidey sense tell me you tried to be funny. Guess you watched South Park too much. Abusing children is neither in catholic teachings nor in our culture.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    It really is not about religion. Even those not religious muslims will band up with islamists because:

1) They will live in poverty
    2) They will not be tolerated by the society (terrorist stigma etc.)
    3) They will not asimilate
    4) With time they will grow desperate and in a country/culture alien to them they will "drift" towards extremism because it's still closer to their culture than the country they live in

IMO the only way to stop it is to make them asimilate - mandatory language / culture courses with exam in the end. Can't pass it? Deportation. Obligation to have a job 1 year after entering the country. If can't find a job then some government public service for minimal wage. Can't find job or not doing well enough in public service? Deportation. First criminal offence - deportation. But that's something you can do only with immigrants who have registered.

The real problem are the ones who are not registered.
    That wont help they will never fit here so only sending them back works

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    They even had notions like freedom of religion in US when people in Europe couldn't even imagine it and most islamists country can't even today!
    A couple of the Founding Fathers may have had such a notion. Thomas Paine, who was involved with them, unwisely voiced that idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    "Them others dun it too" is not a counter argument.
    Weren't you complaining about the characterization of yourself as blaming the evils of the world on religion?

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    That wont help they will never fit here so only sending them back works
    Sigh, there have been many muslim immigrants in many western countries for years and they've been doing fine. They can asimilate.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Since you have such a huge problem with Muslim migrants and refugees, why can't you rein them somehow?
    Says a citizen of a country which is destablizing its neighbours with terrorism as we speak...

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I wouldn't call the Dark Ages either stable, or advancing; it was hundreds of years of regression and in-fighting. If anything, it was the reformation and loss of the Church's power that actually let Europe progress and move on.
    It set the stage for a Renaissance.

Deleted
    Sigh, there have been many muslim immigrants in many western countries for years and they've been doing fine. They can asimilate.
    To much if you ask me and then they breed here teach their kids their ways and look how it is now all fun, and safe...

Deleted
    To much if you ask me and then they breed here teach their kids their ways and look how it is now all fun, and safe...
    Love the use of the word "breed" with its redolence of nazi propaganda. Why not go the whole hog and compare them to rats?

Too much what?
    The view you present is the one I particularly dislike, and one I find dangerous. It's very simplistic and lackluster - "just forcibly get rid of anything that's alien or different". No attempt to find a solution or understand - just eradication of the "problem". Careful with this, such thinking led to most of the greatest tragedies in the world when certain charismatic people succesfully managed to convince the masses that "those others are plotting against us and are the cause of everything that's bad and we should destroy them all".

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    in france we have "french concil of muslim cult" but this is not really a high authority this organisation is the main speaker between muslims and government and it can give some help for imam and religious building construction. but something for all europe? nerver heard about that
    In germany, we have the "Central Council of Muslims in Germany / Zentralrat der Muslime in Deutschland (ZDM)". It's a lobby organization with the purpose of defending the islamic cause. They never call on their people to think about the consequences of their actions.

The preachers (imams) in german mosques come from turkey and and are chosen by a government organization. This once was a blessing that now developed into a curse. It was founded by the secular Atatürk-turkey as a way to prevent islamism from spreading in germany. Sadly, turkey has changed into something more islamic and less democratic. :-(
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Weren't you complaining about the characterization of yourself as blaming the evils of the world on religion?
    Why are you bringing that strawman from another thread into this one? I already asked you to find me saying so in that thread. You're not very good at this are you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Why are you bringing that strawman from another thread into this one? I already asked you to find me saying so in that thread. You're not very good at this are you?
    I didn't need to, you supplied one.

15+ Year Old Account
    My spidey sense tell me you tried to be funny. Guess you watched South Park too much. Abusing children is neither in catholic teachings nor in our culture.
    That´s funny, it´s not in the teachings still it was done and concealed. Does that make all christians child abusers, or in favour of abusing children?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I didn't need to, you supplied one.
    Still not seeing that quote...