View Poll Results: How would you react?

Voters
70. This poll is closed
  • This would make me like them even more!

3 4.29%
  • I would be totally fine with it.

8 11.43%
  • I would be upset, but continue dating the person.

1 1.43%
  • I don't know.

12 17.14%
  • I would stop dating them, but remain their friend.

18 25.71%
  • I would cut off all ties with them.

17 24.29%
  • I would change my gender as well, out of spite.

2 2.86%
  • Ban the OP please!

9 12.86%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    depends on whether they have fully physically transitioned(which was not an option on a poll, so I picked none of them). wouldn't make me care for them any less, but if they didn't have a full reassignment surgery (and or not planning on having one), I just wouldn't be interested in physical relationship with them. which basically means we'd have to either remain friends or cut ties (and if I cared for them, I'd rather stay friends)

I consider it part of the physical attraction/preference package.

P.S. I'm not interested in having children, but even if I were, there's always a possibility of cis person being infertile, so its not like proper innards guarantee children either.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-01-12 at 11:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Mmm. Well, thing is my relationships are a bit weird. My boyfriend is adorable and cute so him turning into a girl wouldn't bother me at all.

The strange one is my girlfriend, because she already acts a little tomboyish, but is also adorable and cute like the boyfriend, I don't think her being a male would bother me.

All in all, I'm not bothered by the genders of those I love, personally. They could be a tri-gender pyro-fox for all I care as long as I can be in their life and give them all the luv.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Pandaren Monk
    7+ Year Old Account
    relationship starts as a lie.

Insta-dumped

Preeetty much what South Park did.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Honestly I have never seen a "convincing" transexual person... but that is beside the point.
    4) And I will repeat, I haven't seen any passing transexuals.
    Have you met any then? I have met quite a few, and there's no way you could tell the difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Wouldn't care in the slightest - and good for them for having such a successful transition that I didn't suspect anything. I know a lot of trans people and I'd be a lot more shocked that I didn't figure it out than that they were trans.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flowering Sunset View Post
    Like any rational person I would be outraged and disgusted.
    There is, by definition, nothing rational about outrage or disgust.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Hmm, I haven't clarified that... But yes, probably post-op.
    If it was pre-op and you found out the "hard" way without being told, that is actually a huge no-no for trans people. They are pretty much morally obligated to disclose they are transitioning, and the trans community heavily looks down on those that don't. If I went on a second date and this was disclosed to me, I would politely and respectfully end the romantic aspect of the relationship. If I found out in the bedroom after X amount of time, I would be pretty furious, rightfully so in my opinion.
    If they were post op? Well I would think I would again respectfully and politely end the relationship. SRS is still a pretty gnarly process I am not down for being with the end result of. TBH I would rather be with a pre-op than post, but I will decline to be with either.

its an issue of trust tbh, if they werent up front about it in the beginning & hid it till the relationship " got serious" then what other possible things could they hide or be hiding

that would be like me not telling the guys I'm dating that I'm a single mom & have two teenage kids then waiting til things " get serious" to drop the Bombshell on him & expect him to stick around, wont happen.
    Last edited by AliStarzza; 2016-01-12 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    I doubt the possibility of me falling in love with the same sex, regardless of what they look like and how they act. It is, after all, a biological, electrochemical response to subtle stimuli which really can't be changed with a bit of plastic surgery and hormone supplements.

As for being lied to like that, I wouldn't appreciate it much. Then again, I guess I would have to congratulate them for being able to deceive me that way.

Dump them, they should have told me from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Yes..."rational"
    Yes, it is rational.

Irrationality would cause someone to find reasons to stay in the relationship that was built on a lie, that was never equal, that was abusive and a victim of sexual assault.

Probably use them a sex toy and that would be as far as it goes for me, assuming an extremely VERY well done shemale which is about nonexistent.
    Last edited by RenegadeXan; 2016-01-12 at 11:43 PM.

Question whatever you take for granted.

It would depend on how they brought it up.

Unless the sex change is on the chromasome level it's still a dude. Ima bounce faster than a check from M.C. Hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I tend to care about a person as they are now, not who they were. I have trans friends, some of which are gorgeous. In a full post-op transition scenario, I'd be all about it. I draw the line at bumping willies. That just doesn't do it for me at all.

Have you met any then? I have met quite a few, and there's no way you could tell the difference.
    Yup, at work, at a bar, and I've been messaged on dating apps. I've honestly never met one through any of those channels that passed as a female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    All in all, I'm not bothered by the genders of those I love, personally. They could be a tri-gender pyro-fox for all I care as long as I can be in their life and give them all the luv.
    Comments like this make me happy to be a human being. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    If it was pre-op and you found out the "hard" way without being told, that is actually a huge no-no for trans people. They are pretty much morally obligated to disclose they are transitioning, and the trans community heavily looks down on those that don't. If I went on a second date and this was disclosed to me, I would politely and respectfully end the romantic aspect of the relationship. If I found out in the bedroom after X amount of time, I would be pretty furious, rightfully so in my opinion.
    If they were post op? Well I would think I would again respectfully and politely end the relationship. SRS is still a pretty gnarly process I am not down for being with the end result of. TBH I would rather be with a pre-op than post, but I will decline to be with either.
    Ah, I see your point now... We are definitely talking about people who either have transitioned or going to transition into the gender you are interested in (if any). I can see how awkward it could be for a straight male to meet a pre-op transman, fall in love with them and then seeing them change their gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Suppose you are dating a person you really-really love, unaware they had their gender changed. Then you learn of it from them. How would you react?
    I wouldn't really really love them if I wasn't aware of the individuals gender. I mean to me this is a first date bit of information. I would finish the date and kinda refuse a second one. I would still talk to the individual as normal but I wouldn't date them. If by some chance I had been dating them awhile and wasn't aware I would be super pissed and never speak to them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yup, at work, at a bar, and I've been messaged on dating apps. I've honestly never met one through any of those channels that passed as a female.
    Has it occurred to you then, that the reason you "wont see them" is because you can't tell the difference when you do actually see them on streets. You only "see" the ones who do not pass yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Has it occurred to you then, that the reason you "wont see them" is because you can't tell the difference when you do actually see them on streets. You only "see" the ones who do not pass yet?
    What fantasy world do you live where it isn't apparent when a man decides to become a woman and no one notices?