Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    The main problem when talking about the difficulty level Mannoroth vs. Archimonde is that Blizzard has screwed up the philosophy "Raid end bosses shouldn't be gear checks but mechanic checks".

The original Archimonde was never a gear check. The only hard part was to survive. The new Archimonde is in many terms a really hard gear check. The mechanics themselves are not that difficulty to learn as you can see most guilds that kill him today (like our guild) need way less attempts to kill him then for Mannoroth.
    End bosses have usually been, and should be, both severe gear and mechanics checks at the same time.

Easiest to hardest. Gorefiend and Mannoroth weren't necessarily the hardest bosses. It's just that they require your whole raid to focus, and are quite long.
    My favourite boss of the tier was Mannoroth. You could tell that you made progress with each and every attempt. One of the best encounters they've ever made in my opinion. Overall Blizzard did a great job with HFC.

1. Hellfire Assault
    2. Kilrogg
    3. Komrok
    4. Iron Reaver
    5. Socrethar
    6. Council
    7. Fel Lord
    8. Iskar
    9. Tyrant
    10. Archimonde
    11. Xhul'Horac
    12. Mannoroth
    13. Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Paschlina View Post
    Easiest to hardest. Gorefiend and Mannoroth weren't necessarily the hardest bosses. It's just that they require your whole raid to focus, and are quite long.
    My favourite boss of the tier was Mannoroth. You could tell that you made progress with each and every attempt. One of the best encounters they've ever made in my opinion. Overall Blizzard did a great job with HFC.

1. Hellfire Assault
    2. Kilrogg
    3. Komrok
    4. Iron Reaver
    5. Socrethar
    6. Council
    7. Fel Lord
    8. Iskar
    9. Tyrant
    10. Archimonde
    11. Xhul'Horac
    12. Mannoroth
    13. Gorefiend
    I think you're severely overrating Gorefiend's difficulty. He's probably fourth hardest. Maybe he's hardest if everyone uses as much cleave as possible?

No way Archimonde is easier than Xhul'horac either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I think you're severely overrating Gorefiend's difficulty. He's probably fourth hardest. Maybe he's hardest if everyone uses as much cleave as possible?

No way Archimonde is easier than Xhul'horac either.
    I agree. Xhul is more of a "oops I got stepped on and blew up the raid" kind of fight. Easy to maneuver. Gorefiend was just miles ahead in difficulty compared to the first five and some of the later ones like iskar or socrethar. The amount of coordination it required was pretty decent but probably not the hardest coordination in the instance. The gear check wasn't even that brutal, obviously not speaking for those world first guilds, but if you were able to smoothly handle each mechanic before each feast you were solid.

First 5 bosses are not soo hard,pugged em without using voice chat.