Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can understand a bit of the thinking behind this from the parent's point of view. Or at least in so far as the story linked is presented.

Not sure about 'inspections', per se. Though I do think identifying young children as "trans" for the purposes of bathroom use is a bit much in some circumstances.

This is not to say I have an easy answer to this issue. However, I can understand the perspective some parents might have where young children are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    The bathroom doesn't give a flying fuck what you are. Why do you?
    Exactly, so just go to the one that doesn't upset other people. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Gonna stay out of this issue for the most part, although I'm a pretty big proponent of people using the restroom that matches the gender assigned to them by their DNA. I will say that anyone who appears overeager to be the child genital checker should probably be closely scrutinized. (And yes, I know that this isn't a real issue and it was just a write up by a rabble-rouser.)

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I dont really care but its the simplest way to solve all this butthurt over dumbshit. In the end do you really care if its a woman or a dude taking a big loud smelly dump next to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I'm fairly sure you're significantly more likely to be sexually assaulted in a bathroom by a Member of Congress than by a transgender person.
    How many times do I have to tell you I was just taking a wide stance...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig_scandal
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely do not agree with letting males into female toilets and vice versa no matter what you are or what you think you are. But this is a very silly and dumb statement made. Another reason to vote Trump as he is against the GOP as well.
    I may not agree with what you say but I will fight to the death to defend your right to say it.

Please read posts #4 and #11.

This is a manufactured outrage scam.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Sorry it took a bit, but I edited the title to be hopefully a bit less incorrect. Even if it was just copy and pasted from the article title, there seems to be nothing but guessing to prove this point.

Whats to stop a rapist from just putting on a dress and laying in wait for little girls to use the restroom?. There needs to be standards of commonsense safety to protect the most vulnerable members of our society when using a public restroom.

just label the doors by Chromosome and be done with it. .... or have a 3rd gender neutral bathroom.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Whats to stop a rapist from just putting on a dress and laying in wait for little girls to use the restroom?. There needs to be standards of commonsense safety to protect the most vulnerable members of our society when using a public restroom.
    What's to stop a rapist from doing that now? And that says nothing about same-sex sexual assault.

"Commonsense saftey" does not mean establishing the Toilet Safety Administration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I don't know about you, but I don't live my life by making decisions about what makes other people happy. I do what makes me happy.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

What's to stop a rapist from doing that now? And that says nothing about same-sex sexual assault.

"Commonsense saftey" does not mean establishing the Toilet Safety Administration.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about you, but I don't live my life by making decisions about what makes other people happy. I do what makes me happy.
    Someone saying, "hey what are you doing going into the woman bathroom guy in a dress?, get the hell away from there im calling the police".

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And using that train of thought, what if making sure no wrong biological sex uses the bathroom Im using make me happy?

I'm fine with this, transgendered people in general just seem delusional. I don't think our society should be taking part and encouraging these people's mental illness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    And using that train of thought, what if making sure no wrong biological sex uses the bathroom Im using make me happy?
    Then you are setting yourself up for a very long, disappointing life of trying to control other people.

History check: it doesn't work out well.

As an aside: I really do love watching Conservatives twist themselves up defending big government.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you are setting yourself up for a very long, disappointing life of trying to control other people.

History check: it doesn't work out well.
    Sure it does, most of the time. Only sucks when the control flips, but then a new control structure is in place. Besides, you want to control others as well,

10+ Year Old Account
    He just wants to be sure that, when he's hammer hawking in the men's room, that it's a penis he's looking at, and not a really large clitoris.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    I'm fine with this, transgendered people in general just seem delusional. I don't think our society should be taking part and encouraging these people's mental illness.
    What if I told you that the behaviour you expressed in this post is more indicative of a mental illness than any gender dysphoria?

Solution, make all restrooms 1 person maximum capacity with a dead bolt lock. Problem solved and everyone is happy, until then however, men in mens bathroom only, women in either bathroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Sure it does, most of the time. Only sucks when the control flips, but then a new control structure is in place. Besides, you want to control others as well,
    I do? I'd really like to know what those are without you resorting to "the liberal platform!"

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    What if I told you that the behaviour you expressed in this post is more indicative of a mental illness than any gender dysphoria?
    I don't know why it would be. I don't know why someone with a mental disorder should get recognition as something they are not from the federal government.