Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I think you have a rose-coloured view of Jews. They played a massively disproportionate role in the financial crisis-that has a far greater negative impact on society than something like terrorism or even violent crime in general. Their religous practices are often frankly disgusting-I don't believe, for example, we should tolerate cruel practices like kosher, I also don't believe we should tolerate an attitude towards women that supposes they are unclean for weeks after their period, I also don't believe we should tolerate genital mutilations much less the extremely weird orthodox practice of rabbis drinking the blood out of an infant's penis after said genital mutilation (yes, that really happens).

Does any of that justify anti-semitism? No, I am an equal opportunities bigot. I hate all races and creeds equally. Jews, Muslims, Christians and atheists all have done unbelievably horrible things. Jews aren't any worse or any better than any one else.
    Just so we're clear here, hating other people too doesn't mean you're not anti-Semitic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    No, i did not.
    I simply said there is no right to pick and choose where to seek asylum.
    That's exactly what you just claimed you didn't say.

Yes, refugees have every right to pick and choose where to seek asylum. You're flat-out wrong about this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Just so we're clear here, hating other people too doesn't mean you're not anti-Semitic.
    I was being a little tongue-in-cheek in case that wasn't obvious.

The practices I refer to have a commonality in that they restrict the freedoms of others. Kosher hurts animals, their attitudes towards women hold them back in society, genital mutilation hurts children. Aside from that it is nothing to do with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    Certain jewish "refugee" groups were model citizens in every possible way, due to their rigid religious lives and strong focus on community participation they usually tended to:
    A. make their own money / generate wealth and trade
    B. rarely ever got involved in crime, and when they did it was white collar crime

I think it's unrealistically a high expectation to hold all minorities to that same standard. Most people actually enjoy to ... live and have fun and go to parties and stuff (unlike very traditional and orthodox jewish families that are stereotyped for locking up their children in the dark basement for having an A- at school).
    You shourl do some history research on Jews and ther part in grate global crisis in 20 and 30 , and then think why Nazi have so easy in Germany to gain power.After that imagine Europe 10 years from now, in which the social system that around 50 millions Europeans are benefiting today collapse , if you'r smart you know the answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    You shourl do some history research on Jews and ther part in grate global crisis in 20 and 30 , and then think why Nazi have so easy in Germany to gain power.After that imagine Europe 10 years from now, in which the social system that around 50 millions Europeans are benefiting today collapse , if you'r smart you know the answer.
    The actions of individual Jews did not validate the holocaust. As if that needed stating.