Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    At least the guy's thinking, any tax at all is going to be hella unpopular but sitting around complaining isn't getting us anywhere. We need to dedicate more resources to the crisis, we need to employ more people to vet applications, more people to patrol boarders, more social workers to help integration and more Police for when this shit all back fires. None of this is free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Greece can't afford to pay for effective border control, due to being broke,
    You still have a huge army use it, but I get the point Greece are broke, and need helpe, loots of it obviously.

You are blaming Greece for their geographic location and the war in Syria, neither of which are Greece's fault.
    Can I send you a bill becuse of my heating costs are to high becuse of my geographic location and I cant controll the weather so it not my fault? when you're on it paying for my winter tires to, becuse they are realy expensive.
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-01-16 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    You still have a huge army use it, but I get the point Greece are broke, and need helpe, loots of it obviously.
    The British Army? Because I'm sure Greece would love for the British Army to help out.

Can I send you a bill becuse of my heating costs are to high becuse of my geographic location and I cant controll the weather so it not my fault? when you're on it paying for my winter tires to, becuse they are realy expensive.
    That's not an equivalent.

You are blaming Greece for being in close proximity to a warzone. They didn't start the war and aren't a part of it, so it's an inane argument to blame them for being close to it.

It's like suing Iceland for disruption to your holiday because of their volcanoes erupting.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gas is a whopping $10 a barrel, good luck taxing people more than they already are for gasoline anywhere in the world. Gas was .87 cents a litre CDN yesterday, and I reckon 40% of that was still tax markups in Canada.

It's like suing Iceland for disruption to your holiday because of their volcanoes erupting.
    They should have been sued for that ridiculous name...

Anyone surprised? Germans are always looking for ways to squeeze the rest of Europe dry.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - forced splitting up of families, that's an awesome solution reminiscent of the 1940s in the same country.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't import them... the people walked into Europe. Sort of unsolicited mail rather than a package you ordered.
    Well, kick them out? put them on a boat and ship them to Somalia. Why should Germans raise taxes to pay for people that were uninvited and costly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Why should Germans raise taxes to pay for people that were uninvited and costly.
    The proposal is to raise taxes in order to reinforce the border countries and stop more people coming in, not to pay for the ones that are already there.

It will cost less to decline their asylum requests and fly them out of EU than to try keeping them here, integrate them, educate them, ect. Simply put send them back. If they stay in the country illegally, they won't get to leech money from the social systems. Eventually they will have to leave or police finds them and sends them back.

The proposal is to raise taxes in order to reinforce the border countries and stop more people coming in, not to pay for the ones that are already there.
    The border countries are not allowed to defend their borders Greece and Bulgaria were the first to construct fences and the EU called them inhumane and racists.

This tax is only to leech money of the rest of EU before the ponzi scheme collapses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why raise any taxes? We were assured the refugees would pay for themselves. You know, as an investment.
    Well given 7-15 years and intensive schooling the first might be able to do menial tasks and low skilled labour. Many of them are starting out with Pisa 1 niveau or are below it in their native language. Economists think we might look at a "lost generation" almost entirely, so maybe their children then?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - forced splitting up of families,
    Actually, it would do the exact opposite. Given that most of them are young fighting age men WITHOUT a family with them traveling alone. Thus turning them away would be sending them home to their families.
    that's an awesome solution reminiscent of the 1940s in the same country.
    This, makes zero sense. Not even a tiny shred.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Anyone surprised? Germans are always looking for ways to squeeze the rest of Europe dry.
    Dude the offer to dump them all at your place still stands.

The border countries are not allowed to defend their borders Greece and Bulgaria were the first to construct fences and the EU called them inhumane and racists.

This tax is only to leech money of the rest of EU before the ponzi scheme collapses.
    The disconnect between reality and your imaginary universe has to be really annoying for you.

Well ...you know...There's always anime.

Deleted
    And to large parts of the European populace they were heroes regardless, because from the very beginning most disagreed with the politicians and media to accept having this act of violence and aggression forced upon them with the elites pretending to defend themselves would be outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    It will cost less to decline their asylum requests and fly them out of EU than to try keeping them here, integrate them, educate them, ect. Simply put send them back. If they stay in the country illegally, they won't get to leech money from the social systems. Eventually they will have to leave or police finds them and sends them back.
    This is only possible if a country hasn't signed The 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees (in that a nation just can't blanket decline people), which is about 145 nations world wide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    This is only possible if a country hasn't signed The 1951 Convention relating to the Status of Refugees (in that a nation just can't blanket decline people), which is about 145 nations world wide.
    If only the EU couldn't simply rescind their signature ?

Wouldn't be the first agreement that is broken in regards of this matter. Those refugees wouldn't even be a problem, if countries had followed existing agreements and not let them trough and then even let these people go trough entire europe, trough many safe countries to the ones where they can leech the most money.

The ones that came over the sea or were picked up from the sea after their "boats" sank should have been returned to their starting to point instead of taking them to europe. Countries at the EU border should have just closed the borders and even, if some did get trough they shouldn' have got trough all these countries in between.

The agreements mean jack shit. They can be broken it seems and no one cares.

Deleted
    Morae, it's ignored anyway. Refugees aren't a permanent addition nor entitled to citizenship yet somehow the people bringing up our obligation and their "refugee status" (which in most cases is dubious at best especially when they make it to countries like Germany crossing a bunch of safe countries on the way) are treating them like proper migrants here to stay, they're just using this to circumvent our ability to make a concious choice whom to add to our socities and screen out anything who isn't beneficial to us.

Deleted
    The article summary

Wolfgang Schäuble proposed the tax on petrol sales across the EU to pay for the costs of securing the Schengen Area’s external borders against a further influx of migrants
    Eastern Europe: We must secure the EU borders!
    Germany: K but Border Control costs money for Guards, Fences, Vehicles, Ships.
    Eastern Europe: Vile German regime refuses to give more German Taxpayer money to Eastern Europe and actually expects us to pay for something!

IMO it seems like these governments are just trying to piss people off, nobody can be that incompetent. I think they're doing this on purpose to try and swing the political pendulum to the far, far right. We all know how well that worked last time in Europe...

Deleted
    Each country can decide for itself how many people it allows and how many it sends back, how 'bout that? And no, we won't pay "sanctions" either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    The article summary

Eastern Europe: We must secure the EU borders!
    Germany: K but Border Control costs money for Guards, Fences, Vehicles, Ships.
    Eastern Europe: Vile German regime refuses to give more German Taxpayer money to Eastern Europe and actually expects us to pay for something!
    Let us set our own border controls, it's that simple!