Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Likely higher by now, according to some law experts under employ of the CSU she is in fact breaking multiple German laws and failing her duties. Then again it appears she will be out of office as other politicans are increasingly drawing the long knives unless she can come up with a solution soon.
    It is interesting to watch the rise of more right wing parties in Europe using the refugee issue as a platform to gain popularity.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is the worst inevitable consequence of all this mess, tbh. The refugee handling has been such a clusterfuck that it's pushing people towards hating currently politicians and support more far-right parties. Understandable, on this specific topic, but the problem is that refugee handling is far from the only political issue. All other policies are being ignored, so a lot of good ideas will be thrown out because the parties who hold them are "wrong" on the refugee crisis, and a whole lot of bad idea will be supported because they fly under the radar and people vote only on this one issue.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Those people calling for Obama's impeachment has no real issue to build a case on.

Fact here is that Merkel is acting outside The best interests of Germans.

Impeached doesn't necessarily mean you will be imprisoned, just that you are removed from office.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I can agree with that.
    so what youre saying is the entirety of the german government is corrupt and is propping up an obviously harmful, idk, dictator?

cuse i mean, its a FACT that shes acting outside the rule of law

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    400 letters? That's nothing.
    this article was posted in October before shit hit the fan though

Deleted
    It is interesting to watch the rise of more right wing parties in Europe using the refugee issue as a platform to gain popularity.
    The rightwing needs to do nothing right now to actually gain traction, that's one of the issues. We're rapidly heading towards situations that have spawned the type of conflict we've seen in Yugoslavia or the Middle East and one side is using it for political gain while the other side outright denies there's any kind of problem and all of us will eventually have to face the consequences of their actions.

Stuff like Cologne is merely beginning, bruiser troops going around beating people up just the beginning. We've seen this stuff before, we will see it again in the future and it historically has never gone in any other way then some pretty violent and nasty ones. The rightwing for example doesn't need to do anything, they just have to let the politicians/liberals/police sit there like a hare in the spotlight, leave the far left to beat up on anyone who disagrees with them and cast them as racists and nazis and let the new addition to Europe do their thing gleefully as they already are.

10+ Year Old Account
    HUNDREDS???

That's like, half my street.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    so before there was any basis, she already had 400 letters

HMMMMMM

Deleted
    Yeah, I doubt it'll achieve much tho. Technically they do have a point, more than one. What she has done is highly illegal, it's in direct contradiction of the oaths she's taken and contrary to etablished laws but as usual nothing will change as everyone will be busy covering themselves.

So what action was so bad by Obama that we started to hear impeach him basically from day one really what did he do that was so bad right from the start. and this against merkel is the same nonsense by right wing fascists that just cant stand the effects of democracy.

Deleted
    Yeah, I doubt it'll achieve much tho. Technically they do have a point, more than one. What she has done is highly illegal, it's in direct contradiction of the oaths she's taken and contrary to etablished laws but as usual nothing will change as everyone will be busy covering themselves.
    Wouldn't it have to be proven that it was intentional malice, to get such a thing across?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Wouldn't it have to be proven that it was intentional malice, to get such a thing across?
    This is why no politician actually was charged with it for 80 years. Incompetence and cowardice is not malice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but are there any sources that says the number has increased since then? If not we have to go with the source we have, and that's 400 letters as far as I know.

The rightwing needs to do nothing right now to actually gain traction, that's one of the issues. We're rapidly heading towards situations that have spawned the type of conflict we've seen in Yugoslavia or the Middle East and one side is using it for political gain while the other side outright denies there's any kind of problem and all of us will eventually have to face the consequences of their actions.

Stuff like Cologne is merely beginning, bruiser troops going around beating people up just the beginning. We've seen this stuff before, we will see it again in the future and it historically has never gone in any other way then some pretty violent and nasty ones. The rightwing for example doesn't need to do anything, they just have to let the politicians/liberals/police sit there like a hare in the spotlight, leave the far left to beat up on anyone who disagrees with them and cast them as racists and nazis and let the new addition to Europe do their thing gleefully as they already are.
    Wwll, people can only take so much. How many times do folks need to hear stories about their friends and neighbors being raped and assaulted by "refugees" before they put their foot down and say no more?

Europe may have been demasculated after WW2, but I'm sure hearing stories about their morhers, daughters, and sisters being raped will strike a nerve.

Deleted
    Wwll, people can only take so much. How many times do folks need to hear stories about their friends and neighbors being raped and assaulted by "refugees" before they put their foot down and say no more?
    Not to jump in here, but it is one of those odd things about this, over the last couple of years we have had a lot of threads about rape and it usually went the same way, with responses like it is overreaction, drinking, drugs, self responsibility, fake etc. and to some extend swept aside as something of no huge concern. And now that it suddenly also has refugee/immigrant in the same headline, it is the end of the western world as we know it.

Deleted

Europe may have been demasculated after WW2, but I'm sure hearing stories about their morhers, daughters, and sisters being raped will strike a nerve.
    Why do you think the politicians responsible for this truly believe that nothing's wrong?

You ever wondered why?

Deleted

Yeah, the thing is that german men grow up with not just the white guilt pushed onto them, but also ww2 guilt. I don't even think right wing is what is essentially on the rise, maybe party wise but i myself used to be a liberal, but when i see people from the regressive left talking about freedom of speech and how it can hurt peoples feelings, all the leftist journalism here in sweden is just incredibly corrupt. If i want to be a liberal, i want to make sure that people who also identify as just that, are incorruptable enough to not flip it completely on its back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Not to jump in here, but it is one of those odd things about this, over the last couple of years we have had a lot of threads about rape and it usually went the same way, with responses like it is overreaction, drinking, drugs, self responsibility, fake etc. and to some extend swept aside as something of no huge concern. And now that it suddenly also has refugee/immigrant in the same headline, it is the end of the western world as we know it.
    Are you serious? The reason for that is that western men do not commit rapes as these refugees have done, in fact rape statistics have been lied about rampantly on US campuses etc. Now, all i have to say is "Cologne" and the fact that muslim men are not used to women wearing short skirts, or revealing clothing whatsoever. If you cannot seperate mass rape, and rapes that have been commited on a far less scale, without basically an army of robbers / rapists involved then maybe you don't actually care for solving the problem.

If the rape issues talked of in for example then the US are to be solved, maybe feminists could indeed stop putting out false rape statistics, so the issue can be solved instead of taking 1 step back, and then 2 steps back again.

Deleted
    Literally hundreds of people writing angry letters.

Her time's come.

10+ Year Old Account
    400 letters might not seem like a lot but Germans are notorious for getting on the band wagon. you would not like to see what happens when they all start to rally behind someone with crazy ideas. things have a way of snowballing out of control..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Djlampshade View Post
    Yeah, the thing is that german men grow up with not just the white guilt pushed onto them, but also ww2 guilt. I don't even think right wing is what is essentially on the rise, maybe party wise but i myself used to be a liberal, but when i see people from the regressive left talking about freedom of speech and how it can hurt peoples feelings, all the leftist journalism here in sweden is just incredibly corrupt. If i want to be a liberal, i want to make sure that people who also identify as just that, are incorruptable enough to not flip it completely on its back.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you serious? The reason for that is that western men do not commit rapes as these refugees have done, in fact rape statistics have been lied about rampantly on US campuses etc. Now, all i have to say is "Cologne" and the fact that muslim men are not used to women wearing short skirts, or revealing clothing whatsoever. If you cannot seperate mass rape, and rapes that have been commited on a far less scale, without basically an army of robbers / rapists involved then maybe you don't actually care for solving the problem.

If the rape issues talked of in for example then the US are to be solved, maybe feminists could indeed stop putting out false rape statistics, so the issue can be solved instead of taking 1 step back, and then 2 steps back again.
    your antirape tirade has just set feminism back 20 years

i hope youre happy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    your antirape tirade has just set feminism back 20 years

i hope youre happy
    Good, then maybe rape issues can be solved for once instead of them lying, victimizing and twisting statistics.