Poll: Which heroes registration would you side with (if real)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Iron Man came across a villain in the comics, Civil War. I loved Iron Man, always have, alot more than Captain America, but I found it really hard to side with him during that event. Even in the aftermath Iron Man came across as a horrible horrible human being.

Captain Marvel (then Ms Marvel), came across really nasty too and she's my favorite female Marvel character lol. The fight between Captain Marvel and Julia Carpenter (one of the earlier Spiderwomen) hit me quite hard when Carol literally tore Julia away from, her daughter because she didn't sign to the registration, then convinced herself she was doing the right thing...

Took me a while to get back into the Iron Man and the Captain Marvel characters again after that but I did garner new love for Captain America though...

Last edited by Orby; 2016-01-20 at 08:33 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to vote because I don't know the context yet.

HOWEVER, based on only what I've seen from the trailers, it looks like Cap is betraying Iron Man by choosing to side with Buddy (who is now a wanted criminal, and rightly so) because Iron Man wants to bring him in?

If this is the case, I'll side with Iron Man.

HOWEVER AGAIN, if they go with the comic book route (Iron Man wants to have government spy on citizens and register all of the super heroes) then I'll go with Cap.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Captain America obviously, but ironman's side is OP compared to his :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    Cap cuz he's the bestest!!!1

Damn Right! :P

Anti-Registration because a few reasons:

1. Superheroes already basically regulate themselves. If Spiderman starts killing kids and eating their brains, other heroes will step up and take him down. And the government should get his id when he is sent to prison.
    2. The list would be either wikileaked or sold to the highest bidder in less than a year. Meaning lost of dead heroes & or their family and friends.
    3. Government is easily corruptible. We have assholes give their friends contracts or pass laws favoring who ever gives them money, you really think giving them an army of demi gods is a good idea? What if an anti_____ party is in power and decides all the ________ are criminals?
    4. Government starts a war. What happens to the heroes who don't want to participate? Will they use the heroes as weapons?
    5. If theres a list if its alot easier to to find and either kill or grab for experimentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Captain America obviously, but ironman's side is OP compared to his :S

- - - Updated - - -

Damn Right! :P

Oh my. Be careful with that gif
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Deleted
    I'm on Captain America's side. Not only would the loved ones of heroes be more in danger but the governments would use the knowledge to coerce the heroes into doing their bidding. Say, a corrupt and evil government could threaten a hero by attacking what he/she holds dear.

Yes, sure, knowing who is which hero would be useful in knowing who is who when someone goes evil. However... how would that help the governments? Would they use the evil hero's family as bait? hold them as hostages? That would make them as evil as the hero turned villan. Oh, you say they could use what they know of him/her to what? Know before if they'd go mad and bomb something? Plus, how would this even be enforced? I mean, say a hero that's quite stealthy would simply escape the radar.

Am I the only one that finds it's odd Tony Stark's position is pro-government and Captain fucking America is anti-government? Seems like that should be reversed to make sense for their characters.

Cap always seemed like a Lawful Good and Iron Man was more of a self-serving Chaotic Good.

When you buy politicians you're going to favor government.
    However, I'm certain that there will be an explanation in the movie. (Different from the comic book of course)